Possible new rig

Derkerter

Space Marshal
Feb 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Derkerter
I see no issues. Everything that I'd suggest would be all personal preference, but I'll list them out anyways. 9/10 build though, but I'm a critic when it comes to cases.
These are all optional. Listed by the order I'd think is "more important"
  • Swap 500gb for 1tb, price difference is generally small
  • SSD: They keep getting cheaper, SSD boot/driver drives are amazing. A 128gb would do fine.
  • Case: Personal preference really, but I always recommend getting a case you can stare at for at least 10 years+. A great case can last many builds.
  • Peripherals: Why not black and yellow? :cool:
  • Fans: The case comes with fans I'm assuming, but I'd highly recommend getting 3-4 corsair 120mm pressure fans OR (albeit more expensive) The noctua industrial fans.
  • RAM: You might find close-in-price higher speed RAM, but it really doesn't make all that much of a difference.
  • This is the biggest "personal preference" point of them all. Motherboard, 1150 has some of the best micro-ATX boards available. Smaller board, smaller case, blahblah. Also, Asus makes some less expensive boards with almost identical ratings that are black and yellow :cool:

Talos

Grand Admiral
Jul 10, 2015
RSI Handle
TalosFury
Thanks for the info Dirk. Honestly didn't consider the black and yellow color scheme. Would be cool to make a TEST rig though. :D

Derkerter

Space Marshal
Feb 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Derkerter
Would be cool to make a TEST rig though
I'm highly considering making one whenever I can afford to build my new rig :cool:
Another note on peripherals, I do have a preference for higher end stuff. a good 90% of the time you get what you pay for, however, they can always get updated later on if budget is tight.

Snakey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jul 15, 2015
RSI Handle
SNKYGMG
similar to my rig and mine works like a charm.

side-note i barely do any maintenance especially dust management which is evil since I'm in the corner of my room

PSIcoh

Grand Admiral
Jul 28, 2015
RSI Handle
PSIcoh
I'd echo Derk's first two points. There are quite a few 1TB hard drives for almost the same price (even if they are a little slower).

Beyond that, it looks solid to me. Side note - does Logitech not sell the G series headphones in the UK?

Snakey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jul 15, 2015
RSI Handle
SNKYGMG
I'd echo Derk's first two points. There are quite a few 1TB hard drives for almost the same price (even if they are a little slower).

Beyond that, it looks solid to me. Side note - does Logitech not sell the G series headphones in the UK?
Ebay does

Sethiol

Captain
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Sethiol
Not sure how far along you are on your build, but Tek Syndicate has a great article on head phones and headsets. I truly wished I had seen it before I spent $100 on a "gaming" headset.

Reactions: UnderSc0re

xecto

Space Marshal
Sep 26, 2014
RSI Handle
xecto
How is it so cheap? Just the CPU and GPU alone would go for that price here... :(

o-BHG-o

Space Marshal
Mar 25, 2014
RSI Handle
o-BHG-o
That CPU is a beast for OC, recommend some higher speed RAM, XMP OC profiles have worked a treat for me in multiple builds.
I used this memory in a recently and the XMP profile clocked the cpu to a stable and cool 4.4Ghz with RAM at full speed.

Talos

Grand Admiral
Jul 10, 2015
RSI Handle
TalosFury
Nice RAM there BHG. No plan on over-clocking this rig but speed makes all the difference. Also looks sick with a see through case

Reactions: o-BHG-o

Talos

Grand Admiral
Jul 10, 2015
RSI Handle
TalosFury
Hmm. Interesting change up glockjs. I'm assuming your changes are making the rig more future proof? Similar price too. Even though cpu is slower I'm assuming it's a better model?

glockjs

Space Marshal
Feb 26, 2015
RSI Handle
glockjs
Hmm. Interesting change up glockjs. I'm assuming your changes are making the rig more future proof? Similar price too. Even though cpu is slower I'm assuming it's a better model?
it's 6 cores vs 4. and if you want speed you can overclock it but meh probably not needed lol. more pcie lanes and ddr4 quad channel :D

Forgot your password?