Prepping for Star Citizen-What I need to know

WingCmdr_Goose

Grand Admiral
Jun 23, 2016
RSI Handle
Vault_Dweller
The pell grant pays for my tuition because otherwise I personally couldn't afford it, I'm straight out if the military with no VA benefits so I deserve a fucking pell grant, also I have no job because I live in an extremely small town where all the jobs have either closed down or been taken by high school kids. I've been applying for jobs the past 2 years and no one calls back. I'm forced to live with my mother. the tuition is $995 for a full semester. The rest that is left over is supposed to be for books an such but since my class does not require any books I'm stuck with money left over with nothing to use it for because theres nothing else to use it on. Upon graduation I'll be able to get a job working at Nissan with my older brother. So before you go lashing out realize where I'm coming from before you start making accusations and getting butthurt over a insignificant post about building a PC and starting on Star Citizen.

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
You may want to consider carefully the HOTAS. I was using a X52 HOTAS until recently when I picked up a pair of T16000. It really felt much more intuitive than the HOTAS. It's difficult to describe. It just makes sense as a setup. In any controller (xbox controller, joystick, hotas, etc.) if you use it for a while, you stop thinking about the controls and just start moving what is on-screen without a thought to what your hands are doing. It becomes an extension of you like an arm or finger. I used to run a backhoe for a living and after a few months, my mind stopped focusing on the controls and the backhoe just did what I wanted it to do (essentially).

For my SC controls, I had that feeling within a couple days of using dual joysticks. I actually never got that far with the HOTAS. Now you may not have the same experience, but there are quite a few on youtube and other forums that feel the same way. You may want to consider that before spending the extra money on a hotas rig. You may just end up using the two T16000s. Keep in mind, they do have a slider that can be bound to a throttle. So if you want to casually fly, you can still do that essentially one handed.

Just my 2c.

Reactions: WingCmdr_Goose

WingCmdr_Goose

Grand Admiral
Jun 23, 2016
RSI Handle
Vault_Dweller
Yeah that's true and it would save me more money, dual T16000's were my original choice. Thanks guys

TexasSkulls

Identifies as an Aurora Missile
Donor
Jul 18, 2015
RSI Handle
TexasSkulls
The pell grant pays for my tuition because otherwise I personally couldn't afford it, I'm straight out if the military with no VA benefits so I deserve a fucking pell grant, also I have no job because I live in an extremely small town where all the jobs have either closed down or been taken by high school kids. I've been applying for jobs the past 2 years and no one calls back. I'm forced to live with my mother. the tuition is $995 for a full semester. The rest that is left over is supposed to be for books an such but since my class does not require any books I'm stuck with money left over with nothing to use it for because theres nothing else to use it on. Upon graduation I'll be able to get a job working at Nissan with my older brother. So before you go lashing out realize where I'm coming from before you start making accusations and getting butthurt over a insignificant post about building a PC and starting on Star Citizen.
Slow down there, bud. I'm not butthurt. I'm suggesting that perhaps you reconsider those Pell Grant applications in the future, as well as offering up some advice on how pledging for Star Citizen doesn't require hundreds of Dollars nor a mid to high-end gaming rig, today.

I don't need to know more of "where you're coming from"; you took care of highlighting that in your posts. You have no rent, no book/other tuition expenses, and ~$2,500 to spare after a $995 tuition fee. Should you get $995 from taxpayers for your education? Sure! Should you get a little extra for other expenses that popup from time to time, loosely related to attending school? Sure! Should taxpayers, and in some minor sense other students, foot the bill for your gaming rig, internet spaceships, and peripherals like joysticks? You tell me...

The job stuff sucks. I feel ya. You're on the right track though getting a higher education and planning for the future. Military? Cool, same here. But I also don't run around playing the card that because I voluntarily signed up for the military I'm somehow entitled to stuff. You do, however, have the privilege of applying for and the responsible use of taxpayer funds in the form of Pell Grants and other federal student aid.

Reactions: ZombieXII
Forgot your password?