Problem with Starfarer Gemini post 2.5

War Pig

Space Marshal
Dec 11, 2014
RSI Handle
ShinzoAnnigans
Having problems where my guns won't reload and sometimes they don't mount on the pylons correctly (see SC-30058 in Issue Council). For other SF owners, have you been having problems with your SF's unmanned turrets or with trying to change them? Please give it a test and confirm my issue. The Issue Council isn't the most nimble of mechanisms but its the best that we got so far.

Thanks

WP

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I still don't really know how to change guns. I know the process, but don't understand which guns I should use.

War Pig

Space Marshal
Dec 11, 2014
RSI Handle
ShinzoAnnigans
I still don't really know how to change guns. I know the process, but don't understand which guns I should use.
When you look at the mount you want to change, you should receive a list of usable guns based on the size of the mount. On the SF unmanned guns, you can only mount the pylons to the "head" of the ship, but up to S4 weapons on the mounts themselves. By default, you have Combine ballistics but I've mounted Revenants and S4 lasers as well.

@NKato: That seems to be working for changing ordnance but they are not reloading when I go to a Cry-Astro. I'm gonna keep tabs on my submitted issue but I think I may have to wait for the eventual 2.x patch + account reset.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
When you look at the mount you want to change, you should receive a list of usable guns based on the size of the mount. On the SF unmanned guns, you can only mount the pylons to the "head" of the ship, but up to S4 weapons on the mounts themselves. By default, you have Combine ballistics but I've mounted Revenants and S4 lasers as well.

@NKato: That seems to be working for changing ordnance but they are not reloading when I go to a Cry-Astro. I'm gonna keep tabs on my submitted issue but I think I may have to wait for the eventual 2.x patch + account reset.
Cry-Astro is not compatible with the Starfarer at present.

War Pig

Space Marshal
Dec 11, 2014
RSI Handle
ShinzoAnnigans
I would say that's partially true. No autoland prompts comes up when in landing mode and in my case only 1 out 4 ballistics get reloaded when I request it. It seems to be focused on the SF which I don't use that often so I am not terribly upset by it. I do like my Combine/Revenant loadout but I now stick with an all-laser loadout until the issue is addressed/resolved.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Lasers it is then!

I prefer them to ballistics anyways. No need for ammo refilling. And I always lose track of my remaining ammo anyways.

Reactions: War Pig
Forgot your password?