PSA - Sabre Raven will become a rarity now - redemption halted by CIG

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Also, I thought that they'd stopped putting in the Raven cards in the optane drives a year or more ago. Shows what little I know.
Oh they did stop long before that I think, as most Optane on the market were without the promotion already in 2020. For my SSDs I got very lucky and bought them on Mouser early 2021, after searching for almost a year. It was the U2 version, and with the promotion. They had 3 left then. Took 2, one in March 2021, the other in April 2021 when it went back in stock :)

Last edited:
  • o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Also, I thought that they'd stopped putting in the Raven cards in the optane drives a year or more ago. Shows what little I know.
Oh they did stop long before that I think, as most Optane on the market were without the promotion already in 2020.
Found at least one for sale here, in a quick search. I'm sure you could find some in US online stores also.

But code is useless now.

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
The Raven had been reasonably easy to find on sale for a long time. Check out this Ebay ad for example: 59 Raven's previously sold by one person. With codes 'manually activated by CIG.

1650816681726.png

CIG botched 'rarity' on this one though, IMHO, if they allowed duplication of codes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
Well I managed to join the club... I expect the handling and features will be ironed out eventually - it's not likely to be a priority for the vehicle features team!

To the point of the OP, the code I obtained was perfectly straightforward to redeem today, so this is now sitting in my hangar:
1668442960640.png

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Well I managed to join the club... I expect the handling and features will be ironed out eventually - it's not likely to be a priority for the vehicle features team!

To the point of the OP, the code I obtained was perfectly straightforward to redeem today, so this is now sitting in my hangar:
View attachment 23684
Congratulation ! Now you have to come and lowfly a bit with it 🍻

I hope you got it at a good price, considering the insane rate nowadays !

And yes redemption is back working since April this year. That is also one of the reason why the prices skyrocketed since, now that CIG cleaned the exploit. That and rarity.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya

And yes redemption is back working since April this year. That is also one of the reason why the prices skyrocketed since, now that CIG cleaned the exploit. That and rarity.
refresh my memory, did they wipe the ship from accounts of people who exploited? What was their fix?

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
refresh my memory, did they wipe the ship from accounts of people who exploited? What was their fix?
That I do not know, but if they did, reddit would have been filled with some angry posts. Havent seen that. So they probably quietly burried the story 😆

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King

Thanks @vahadar, I really must come join you guys one day. I know I would be embarrassed at how bad my flying skills are, compared to you guys. It was not a good price, but a price I was prepared to pay, and not as insane as some I've seen them offered for 🤯! I figured they were only going to get rarer, and, you know, I picked this username before I knew there was such a thing as a Sabre Raven, but it fits 😎

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
Thanks @vahadar, I really must come join you guys one day. I know I would be embarrassed at how bad my flying skills are, compared to you guys. It was not a good price, but a price I was prepared to pay, and not as insane as some I've seen them offered for 🤯! I figured they were only going to get rarer, and, you know, I picked this username before I knew there was such a thing as a Sabre Raven, but it fits 😎
It's a sweet ship.. mine made a lot of auec when stealth worked, and nothing else looks quite like it.

If CIG ever does release a non-intel-restricted-variation I'll happily throw money at it again.

Reactions: vahadar
Forgot your password?