PSA: Ship price increases occuring at IAE.

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
As announced by CIG today- https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/intergalactic-aerospace-expo-2953-pledge-updates-2/

It's probably worth mentioning that if anyone has warbond CCU's starting from these ships, they could become $0 CCU's or even "negative savings" (Constellation Taurus - F7C-M Super Hornet Heartseeker being the most likely one people could have):
F7C-M Super Hornet - Price increasing from $180 to $185
Constellation Taurus - Price increasing from $190 to $200
Constellation Aquila - Price increasing from $310 to $315
Redeemer - Price increasing from $325 to $330
Hull D - Price increasing from $450 to $550
Orion - Price increasing from $575 to $650

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
Wow... for make-believe pixels that serve no other purpose outside of the game (inner thought). They are raising rates because they can, not because it's the right thing to do (outward rxn). Prolly needs to pay the devs more because they are starving.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Wow... for make-believe pixels that serve no other purpose outside of the game (inner thought). They are raising rates because they can, not because it's the right thing to do (outward rxn). Prolly needs to pay the devs more because they are starving.
I’m curious how you decide what is “the right thing to do.” I have never seen any signs in your complaints of sage-like wisdom, and in an age of moral vacuum I’m curious what is your guide. In free market capitalism, prices are set by what the market will bear, meaning free people get for their goods and services whatever they can. Surely, CIG is having no trouble getting what they ask. So I must ask, who are you to decide for them or us “what is the right thing to do”? It almost looks like you’re whining because you maxed out Mommy’s VISA.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Hey all, no need for sniping at each other.

yes, the price increases stink. Yes, we knew they would probably happen, especially the Hull D, but I would have expected the Hull E to increase as well. Still wondering about the Taurus or Aquila, since those still stink with the new flight model. The Super Hornet is a response to the F8C.

The Orion increase is not unexpected, since I think the new RSI mining ship from CitizenCon 2952 is probably going to be sold as a concept at IAE based on RSI being done on the last day. I expect it might be closer to the original Orion in concept, while the current Orion continues to grow.

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Well, the Hull D "needs" an increase as it is currently priced below the smaller version of the same ship (Hull C), so it is somewhat understandable.
The Orion was possibly increased in price to squeeze the new RSI mining ship between it and the MOLE (although that leads to the question of just how big/expensive that ship will be).

The other's it's hard to understand the reason for (Not to mention that the Heartseeker did not get an increase alongside the base F7C-M Super Hornet)...

I'm wishing I'd picked up a credit Orion CCU last year now, too... Then again, I'll probably not need/be able to use an orion, so it may not be that great of a loss.

• o7

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Hey all, no need for sniping at each other.

yes, the price increases stink. Yes, we knew they would probably happen, especially the Hull D, but I would have expected the Hull E to increase as well. Still wondering about the Taurus or Aquila, since those still stink with the new flight model. The Super Hornet is a response to the F8C.

The Orion increase is not unexpected, since I think the new RSI mining ship from CitizenCon 2952 is probably going to be sold as a concept at IAE based on RSI being done on the last day. I expect it might be closer to the original Orion in concept, while the current Orion continues to grow.
Hull E was already priced well above both the C and D (and is also hull limited), which is possibly why they held off - Once evelopment on the D and/or E starts, I'd expect they'll jump (much?) further in price.

The Orion was a surprise, given no work has been done on it and the window for the new RSI ship was already rather large, between $315 (MOLE) and $575 (Orion), which suggests either a very large, or very overpriced RSI mining ship is inbound...

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
F7C-M Super Hornet - Price increasing from $180 to $185
Constellation Taurus - Price increasing from $190 to $200
Constellation Aquila - Price increasing from $310 to $315
Redeemer - Price increasing from $325 to $330
Forgive me if this comes across as poorly as flat Dr Pepper (Mr Pibb) or worse, flat room temp beer, but while nobody enjoys paying more for something than they had been able to before, the price bump of $5-$10 for these here could be a lot worse all in all. Hopefully these ships won't get another price bump for a while. I'm looking at you Taurus.

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Forgive me if this comes across as poorly as flat Dr Pepper (Mr Pibb) or worse, flat room temp beer, but while nobody enjoys paying more for something than they had been able to before, the price bump of $5-$10 for these here could be a lot worse all in all. Hopefully these ships won't get another price bump for a while. I'm looking at you Taurus.
The timing on this is unfortunate, with IAE so close. I'm thinking I'll just wear the price rise on the F7C-M (I need 13 Vulture-F7C-M's in my active chains), as I'd prefer to have the funds available in case something more important to me releases next week... I may end up regretting this, too.

Besides the "costing people more" to buy items side of this, there's also the "paid for items which lost value (and trended into negative teritory)" side as well - The Constellation Taurus, if used as a "start" for a CCU to the "F7C-M Super Hornet Heartseeker" will now be adding $5 to the cost of the final ship, rather than linking directly, for example, and CCU's from the Orion or Hull D could add $50 (Orion to Carrack) to $75 (Hull D to 600i Explorer) to a ship's final price (Which is why using a concept as a "start" on a CCU is not advised).

Last edited:

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Why are people arguing about this? It was baked into the vision right at the start that the earlier you got in, the cheaper your ships would be and the later you got in the more expensive, and this has always been the case.

*looks at 230 buck banu merchantman and smiles*

• Glorious

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
I’m curious how you decide what is “the right thing to do.”
I really do not want to do an economics lesson here. But generally, the cost of milk is determined by many factors such as fuel, supply, demand, feed costs, etc. For a video game, it's like an art exhibit - the value of the art is actually what people will pay for it since it's going to do nothing except sit on your wall (hype). So, the redeemer is built - no added costs to the development of it. So, in MY opinion, they are raising the rates because they can - ie people will buy it at the new cost, at least those that can afford it - nothing more.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
So you agree these JPEG ships are worth whatever people are willing to pay for them, and agree people are paying for them, but think it’s somehow morally deficient—NOT “the right thing to do”, for CIG to sell them at their offered prices?

If that’s what you think (please correct me if I’m wrong), then again I have to ask where your notions of right and wrong come from.

Just being honest, this sounds like adolescent self-righteousness to me. Is there something other than pre-adult psychology going on here?

Everyone here is buying these ships and you’re saying selling them at these prices is not “the right thing to do”. So what is the right thing and how would we know this?

Please keep in mind that the prices bear little resemblance to their costs to create. It’s not as if a Nox actually required 1/4 the time to create a Vanguard. We’re all familiar with the fact that in relative terms vehicles cost too much—just, we like vehicles and are willing to pay the prices CIG sets. So what’s not “right” about this, and please explain in light of the fact people can buy all this stuff with game money if they’re patient enough. Right now, a new player with nothing but a game package can hit the treasure caves and earn enough to buy a Vanguard in three to four hours. (Last I heard caving still earns between 500-750k aUEC/hour.). How could one be justified in saying Vanguards cost too much?

Last edited:
  • o7

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
Just being honest, this sounds like adolescent self-righteousness to me. Is there something other than pre-adult psychology going on here?
CIG is going to sell what they can... if there is a market for it then fine. This is a discussion about a $5 price hike on the price of a spaceship (pretend) - it doesn't matter - it's a small, insignificant nothing burger... it's just the fact they are doing it. That's all I am saying. I already own a redeemer. I just think it is kind of odd for a copy of a ship to have an increase in cost that is already built.

Look, I don't need to explain MY opinion to you or anyone else, because it is MY opinion. So if you don't want to hear something outside of your little world then block me - that is your choice.

In general, it's fun to talk and debate about nothing... that has absolutely no significance in my day-to-day life other than entertainment.

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
CIG is going to sell what they can... if there is a market for it then fine. This is a discussion about a $5 price hike on the price of a spaceship (pretend) - it doesn't matter - it's a small, insignificant nothing burger... it's just the fact they are doing it. That's all I am saying. I already own a redeemer. I just think it is kind of odd for a copy of a ship to have an increase in cost that is already built.

Look, I don't need to explain MY opinion to you or anyone else, because it is MY opinion. So if you don't want to hear something outside of your little world then block me - that is your choice.

In general, it's fun to talk and debate about nothing... that has absolutely no significance in my day-to-day life other than entertainment.
He generally seems to enjoy being toxic. Don't give him The raise he seems to desire.

• o7

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Something to bear in mind with these price changes:

Although CIG state they take effect on day 1 of the event, in the past they have updated the prices on the manufacturer's day.
If this is the case (Which can be checked on day 1, or any day after), there is a 2 day window between when the F7C-M Super Hornet goes on sale (Anvil, day 7), and when the Constellation Taurus' price would jump (RSI, day 9), which could allow for $5 credit (or WB) CCU's from the Super Hornet to the Constellation Taurus which would increase in value on RSI day.

It's also worth keeping an eye on any "Straight to flyable"\Release to flyable ships that are released before RSI day, in case they are priced below, but close to either of the Constellations as a WB CCU to those ships could be linked to a credit/WB CCU to the Constellation for more savings on larger ships.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I hope that nobody took what I stated with offense, I simply meant that I understand that CIG is looking to make profits off of ship sales & I'm thankful that the price hikes weren't higher. The only say that I have in the prices is if I choose to pay the cost for a ship or CCU towards the ship or not, regardless of the price.

Reactions: Shadow Reaper

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Besides the "costing people more" to buy items side of this, there's also the "paid for items which lost value (and trended into negative teritory)" side as well - The Constellation Phoenix, if used as a "start" for a CCU to the "F7C-M Super Hornet Heartseeker" will now be adding $5 to the cost of the final ship, rather than linking directly, for example, and CCU's from the Orion or Hull D could add $50 (Orion to Carrack) to $75 (Hull D to 600i Explorer) to a ship's final price (Which is why using a concept as a "start" on a CCU is not advised).
I'm confused, why would you upgrade a Phoenix (which is limited in that they only sell a limited number of them each year & CIG never sells any CCUs to upgrade into them) into anything higher? If that was what I was considering, I'd melt the Phoenix, pay cash for some cheap concept w/ LTI & start the CCU dance, using the store credit to help fill in gaps between warbond CCUs over the next year or so as well as purchasing the final CCU into my target ship to the next closest ship below it that is usually available during the IAE & ILW events to cap the price.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I should likewise seek to support peace here. I put up with a lot of complaining about CIG, but most of it is not here. It’s in various other groups some of which pander to complaints near daily. It is not fair for me to respond out of patience where the players seldom complain so my apologies, especially to ColdDog.

The only thing worse than complaints are complaints about complaints. My bad. I’ll try to knock that shit off, grumpy old man that I am.

On a side note, what’s the latest on the Titansuits? CIG is due for a hat trick to blunt the success of Starfield. We’ve got SQ42 news. Cool. We’ve got Server Meshing news. Cool. We’ve got new wedge shaped ships. Always a fan fave. But to trounce Bethesda, CIG needs some big time excitement. I think it’s Titansuit time! Maybe personal radars and shields? Personal Jetpacks still waiting. Any news on anything like that for IAE or by year’s end? I would expect CIG to introduce stuff we’ll find in SQ42, but not in Starfield, so I’m thinking Titansuits! Where’s mine? Here, take my whole wallet!

Oooshhh. Hrmph. Look what posted up four days ago. Ya know, CIG said modularity was done. That means the innards for the Retaliator module that holds and charges the Titansuit is done. Maybe even the Vanguard Battlefield Upgrade Kits are done? Gimme some IAE, ‘cause we are all honor bound to kill things and take their treasure.

Last edited:
  • o7

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
I'm confused, why would you upgrade a Phoenix (which is limited in that they only sell a limited number of them each year & CIG never sells any CCUs to upgrade into them) into anything higher? If that was what I was considering, I'd melt the Phoenix, pay cash for some cheap concept w/ LTI & start the CCU dance, using the store credit to help fill in gaps between warbond CCUs over the next year or so as well as purchasing the final CCU into my target ship to the next closest ship below it that is usually available during the IAE & ILW events to cap the price.
Sorry - Typo: I meant Taurus :)

Going back to fix that...

• o7
Forgot your password?