PTU for everyone!

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
Well that explains the big slow down at 2:30 a.m. CST for me last night(?). Glad to have the rest of you with us. Seriously, if any one is online around midnight cst tonight, look me up. I get off of work at 11:30 and I usually blow off stress by letting some one think they stole my ship at an outpost and then..... Well let's just say that the railgun can bring down a Reliant and an Aurora and other small ships.

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
Well, this is major progress - just went almost 1:45 in PTU, averaging 10-20 FPS which for me is totally playable, not for combat but totally fine for exploring, etc. Did a simple trade flight in my SpacePenguin, then flew over to ArcCorp 141 and FINALLY got to drive the Ursa, kind of ahot mess but super fun, nothing beats four-wheelin', err, I mean six-wheelin' on Daymar.

This open universe sandbox is what I am so stoked about and it was nice to finally be able to really enjoy it at a playable FPS, Daymar is awesome, got a sunset and sunrise while there.

ScreenShot0136.jpg

ScreenShot0138.jpg

ScreenShot0139.jpg

ScreenShot0142.jpg

ScreenShot0141.jpg

ScreenShot0144.jpg

ScreenShot0143.jpg

ScreenShot0148.jpg

Wanted to visit Lagski to get a new helmet since latest patch wiped out my previous equipment but lagged out crashed to desktop as I tried to get through customs but this is a very solid improvement as far as I am concerned.

Did have a couple glitches I am about to check issue council for, the Penguin was totally unstable on power-up on Daymar, both times literally just started jumping around like a bucking bronco, almost took out a Cutty and a 'Lancer at 141. When the doors were gltiching on Oli and Daymar I could see the environment through the opening instead of the room behind the doors until I got real close.

Gotta say I think they may be closing in on a Christmas miracle, hope this goes live in next day or two.

'Gimp

Last edited:

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Oh, that's awesome. Now, let me just hop on this bus and go meet my old folks. Good bye computer, see you in the way too distant future!

(Well, at least I can still use my cellphone to shitpost on the forums)

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Also when you're using the wrong ptu installer
LMAO ha ha ha ha....

Yeah what many fail to do is to READ! the damn instructions how to get in to PTU and so they fail, for the old loader is not a delta-patcher!

"Never assume you know how to, if you never done it before cause you don't know then."
That's what usually say about anything I never done before.

Cheers:! :beers: :beer: :beer: :beers:

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
Well those are the Instruktion provided in the Email:
You've successfully copied your account to the Public Test Universe. Thank you for helping to test Star Citizen’s latest development build

To get a copy of the PTU build please do the following:

1. Restart and log into your launcher as normal
  2. On the left hand side of the launcher, under the Star Citizen logo you will see a toggle for Live/PTU releases. Hit the switch for PTU! You will occasionally need to restart the launcher if the switch doesn’t appear.
  3. The launcher will then start downloading the PTU build. You're done

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Well those are the Instruktion provided in the Email:
You've successfully copied your account to the Public Test Universe. Thank you for helping to test Star Citizen’s latest development build

To get a copy of the PTU build please do the following:

1. Restart and log into your launcher as normal
  2. On the left hand side of the launcher, under the Star Citizen logo you will see a toggle for Live/PTU releases. Hit the switch for PTU! You will occasionally need to restart the launcher if the switch doesn’t appear.
  3. The launcher will then start downloading the PTU build. You're done

Yeah that's a mistake they done they using the old PTU mail not change the instruction inside it, hence the special page for PTU now but that is not in the copy account mail instruction LMAO....

Forgot your password?