PTU Help

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
So, I transferred my account, copied and then deleted the User folder, installed the new launcher, got the special password, and yet can still not log in.

Something always happens with these new loads but I forget what I did to make it work.

Ideas?

'Gimp

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
Did you change the password after receiving it?
I would, but I can't get the first login, even deleted it, transferred the account again, and reinstalled the launcher but no joy for login.

'Gimp

Frad in'Ryth

Vice Admiral
May 25, 2017
RSI Handle
FradinRyth
  • Copy your account from your settings on RobertsSpaceIndustries.com
  • Log into PTU.CloudImperiumGames.com (NOT RobertsSpaceIndustries.com) with the temp password you received in the email notifying you that your account was copied and change the temp password to something a sane person would remember
  • In that same email you click the link to download the new PTU Launcher (https://install.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/RSI-Setup-1.0.0-ptu.33.exe)
  • Install the PTU Launcher
  • Launch the PTU launcher and log in with your username and the password you changed at PTU.CloudImperiumGames.com in step 2
  • It should either update the PTU copy of the game or fresh install it. It should default to something like "...\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizenPTU"
  • Profit?

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
  • Copy your account from your settings on RobertsSpaceIndustries.com
  • Log into PTU.CloudImperiumGames.com (NOT RobertsSpaceIndustries.com) with the temp password you received in the email notifying you that your account was copied and change the temp password to something a sane person would remember
  • In that same email you click the link to download the new PTU Launcher (https://install.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/RSI-Setup-1.0.0-ptu.33.exe)
  • Install the PTU Launcher
  • Launch the PTU launcher and log in with your username and the password you changed at PTU.CloudImperiumGames.com in step 2
  • It should either update the PTU copy of the game or fresh install it. It should default to something like "...\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizenPTU"
  • Profit?
I'll try that shortly, thanks!

'Gimp

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
It is not the problem, probably. The only bit of the user folder to 'cut and paste' to save somewhere else if your control/ mappings
Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\LIVE\USER\Controls\Mappings

Delete the rest of your user settings.

Then put your mappings back in after download

Forgot your password?