PUBG VSS Vintorez 3D Printed Halloween Build

RiceMaiden

Admiral
Jan 21, 2017
RSI Handle
RiceMaiden
Take a quick break from SC stuff (waiting for 3.0) and thinking ahead, Halloween is good time of year to spent precious hours designing stuff that will be used for 24 hours. While it won't scare children, I got a full squad of guys on-board to go as PUBG.

I, like most people, have become enamored with PUBG. Due to my lack of experience with scavenging style FPS's, PUBG has felt like a good step in the right direction for the FPS genre. While playing I've chosen a couple weapons that I am like shooting with. My favorite currently is the VSS Vintorez 'Thread Cutter'. It just seems to tick all the right boxes for the Engineer in me.

After securing the model, I set to work slicing it up for printing. Unlike my previous 1:1 weapon builds, I intend on painting and finishing it to look like the real thing.

I've been slowly slicing the model up for printing. I still need to finish out the stock and receiver areas.

I plan on using a 3/4" dowel for backbone support through the entire model. I'm currently also working on getting the stock model sliced for printing.... I received an order of Wood PLA for the build and am eager to try it out. I hope to sand and stain it to match the real stock when I'm done.

As you can see I have no scope in the model. I found a cheap online supplier of used PSO-1 scopes and intend on just using a real unit. Cheaper time and money wise than designing and printing one. Will use the factory 3D printed rail <3

I'll post more pictures as I finish it!

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
Cool, looks real good. Can you get a pic through the scope so we can see the reticle and hwatnot?

BluePilote

Space Marshal
Jun 25, 2017
RSI Handle
BluePilote
Look realy great... now, what next?

Forgot your password?