Public Test Universe is now available!!!

Murderface

Lieutenant
Jan 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Meatwaud
I just read that the public test universe is available!!! PATCHING!!! I cant wait to get home from work and try it out!!!

OuTLaW66613

Space Marshal
Jan 9, 2015
RSI Handle
OuTLaW66613
On the Comm Link it said "we gave a limited number of backers access to what we call the PTU."
I checked and I have access (downloading now). Who all has access to it?

Murderface

Lieutenant
Jan 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Meatwaud
Wow my interwebs crashed while at work and basically nothing got downloaded. Download/patch has resumed. Has anybody got in yet? Also OuTLaw66613 every backer has access now. Only limited backers were invited during the lead up to arena commander 1.0. As of last night all Star Citizen backers have access to the PTU and with it access to test a build of Arena Commander 1.0.1.

Flashwit

Space Marshal
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Flashwit
On the Comm Link it said "we gave a limited number of backers access to what we call the PTU."
I checked and I have access (downloading now). Who all has access to it?
They were referring to what used to be the case. They've now made the PTU available to everyone.

halfsane

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2014
RSI Handle
halfsane
so what is it ? Does anyone know yet ?

OuTLaW66613

Space Marshal
Jan 9, 2015
RSI Handle
OuTLaW66613
Wow my interwebs crashed while at work and basically nothing got downloaded. Download/patch has resumed. Has anybody got in yet? Also OuTLaw66613 every backer has access now. Only limited backers were invited during the lead up to arena commander 1.0. As of last night all Star Citizen backers have access to the PTU and with it access to test a build of Arena Commander 1.0.1.
Awesome I didn't know that. Sorry about the Download Murderface

Civil Hypocricy

Rear Admiral
Nov 8, 2014
RSI Handle
Civil_Hypocrisy
I'm in the middle of downloading and can't wait to try out the test PU! I really like that they have blocked the pledge page on ptu.cloudimperiumgames.com, it gives it an almost finished feel. Does anyone know if multi-crew ships will work in this version?

Voyle

Captain
Jun 2, 2014
RSI Handle
Voyle
Lol, I got super excited thinking this was a PU beta, it's not folks. It's just a test server for testing upcoming patches.

Murderface

Lieutenant
Jan 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Meatwaud
Lol same here I may have gotten a little too exited about this. Currently it has Arena Commander 1.0.1 and says next major content patch will be 1.1 which will introduce several long awaited features to the game. I wonder what they are and how long before 1.1 lol. I'll be playing in the PTU crashing my Aurora into anything that moves.

Flashwit

Space Marshal
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Flashwit
Yes, to be clear guys, this isn't really anything that special. It's basically early access to patches if you want to get more into bug testing. Since these test patches are probably going to be pretty crashy at times.

HID45

Commander
Feb 13, 2015
RSI Handle
HID45
From the official patch notes of patch 1.0.3

Increased collision for the characters head to match the size of the head
Wat?

Another one

Arena commander menu will no longer appear when sitting in the back seat of a Super Hornet
How do you get in the back seat of a Super duper Hornet? I've tried but no success as of yet.

Flashwit

Space Marshal
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Flashwit
From the official patch notes of patch 1.0.3

Wat?
For some reason their collision "meshes" weren't the same size as the character's actual head geometry. This would mean that other objects could clip into the character's head without colliding.

Not sure if that's what your question was, but there you go.

Forgot your password?