PULSAR Lost Colony.

D3Mark

Grand Admiral
Sep 24, 2014
RSI Handle
D3Mark
I picked it up along with a few of my friends (All who will be joining TEST once the game is out, they're not super hyped as others.).

TL;DR, it looks very good and as a sort of "training" platform for multi-crew Star Citizen in addition to exploration aspects. I'll let you guys know how it plays.

Reactions: DcTrojan72

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
I picked it up along with a few of my friends (All who will be joining TEST once the game is out, they're not super hyped as others.).

TL;DR, it looks very good and as a sort of "training" platform for multi-crew Star Citizen in addition to exploration aspects. I'll let you guys know how it plays.
Please let me know how this plays, I do agree that it could be a filler game to give us an idea of how SC will play out and let us get in some early "practice".

Zull Reicher

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Tiltz
I played it a month ago. It is a lot of fun with friends, but don't try to play it solo. Lots of people who randomly join your crew don't play well with others. Or listen to the captain. lol. It just released to beta so there are some new features I haven't seen yet.

D3Mark

Grand Admiral
Sep 24, 2014
RSI Handle
D3Mark
So played it for a few hours, it's pretty open ended game. I had a lot of fun with my buddies, would be willing to run another "ship" for TESTies if people want to roll.

7/10, worth the 25 dollars, it's early access so it's only going to get better.

Rock

Lieutenant
Sep 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Rokx
I have this and my brother Zull Reicher (in test) has it as well. Tons of fun with friends. Hit me up on discord if you want to play.

D3Mark

Grand Admiral
Sep 24, 2014
RSI Handle
D3Mark
So me and my friends maxed out gear on our ship and killed the toughest boss in the game, over the span of only 7 hours. It's REALLY empty content wise.

TheZekk

Space Marshal
Mar 23, 2015
RSI Handle
Zekk
downloading and installing. I look forward to goofing around with testies in this.

vernes

Vice Admiral
Jul 20, 2014
RSI Handle
vernes
Friend of mine had an torrented version of it (cracked I guess?) during a lanparty last weekend.
It's PERFECT for crew training.
Everybody needs to do his/her share.
You get a feel of autonomous tasks and following instructions, relaying vital information.
It's IS a game still early in development. And you DO need friends or accept screwing around with randoms in your crew.

I'm going to buy this thing as soon as there is an interesting update.

You have a crew and a task count of 5:
Captain
Pilot
Engineer
Weapons
Science

Captain sets waypoints, set shipwide commands and status and can buy and sell cargo stuff as well as installing new components.

Pilot steers the ship, as external view of the ship. It is the pilot to align the ship to the waypoint set out by the captain.

Engineer manages the power distribution to all the different systems and initiates the warp jump.

Weapons means mostly switching between main-turret ammo-types or manning any of the turrets himself. And he is the one most likely to load the nuclear device since that mofo is not something to take lightly.

Science is responsible for scanning in general, scanning the targets, configurating the shield harmonics and deploying cyberattacks or countering them (anti-virus).

Apart from that, each member has talents he can invest points in that will either make the ship systems for better/faster as well talents that can help with away missions.

Unless you're inside a turret, ship activities are done from a first person view, you can walk around as you want and still controll screens when you look at them.
Away missions play just like a First Person Shooter.
Certain stations can be teleported to.
And during battle you can teleport to the enemy ship to board it.
Unfortunately, when you kill someone, he or she just respawns in the lifesupport room.
So boarding is only useful to sabotage their systems, most likely disabling the core-failsafe and hope they don't find out.

watch some youtubes about it.

Forgot your password?