[PVE] -1.9.4- Modded Minecraft Server! Over 180 mods to play with!

SamDaMan

Space Marshal
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
SamDaMan

So! You may be wondering.. What has Sam been up to these past couple months? I HAVE BEEN MAKING A MOTHA FUCKIN MODPACK! Awee yiss. It is finally stable and ready to release to you guys.

So what is the point of the modpack? How is it different from all the others I played?

The modpack features a TON of new mods that came out just for 1.9.4 as well as some old common mods. The purpose of this modpack is to let you do anything you want.

Want to be OP as fuck and just massacre mobs? You can do that!
Want to just explore ruins, castles, terrain, caves, and different dimensions? You can do that!
Want to build complicated machines to automate things? You can do that!
Want to build a game within a game? I think you can do that but good luck.
Want to build an amazing structure / base but don't have enough blocks in normal vanilla Minecraft? Here, have a ton of new blocks and customization options!

This modpack is sort of a throwback to the old days of how you were just thrown into a new minecraft world and told good luck, let's see how far you get into the mods.

So, if you are interested in playing, just follow the instructions below:

• Install Curse found here: https://www.curse.com/download
  • Once logged in, go to the Gear Icon at the bottom left and click it
  • Once in the Options screen, select plugins and then enable the Minecraft plugin
  • Now go to the Creeper face on the left side of your screen
  • Click "Create Custom Profile"
  • At the top in orange letters it should say "Import"
  • Download the modpack Zip file from here: https://www.mediafire.com/?72a15n6a3f7dlrv
  • Do not extract the ZIP file!
  • Now that you have imported the ZIpped modpack you should see a Modpack that says Test Squadron Pack 1.9.4
  • Now, make sure you have 64 Bit java installed and all 32 Bit java Uninstalled on your computer
  • Here is a link to 64 bit java: http://javadl.oracle.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=210185
  • Once you are done with java head back to the gear icon in Curse
  • Click on the Minecraft tab on the left and then scroll down to Maximum Memory Allocation. Set it to at least 4.5 Gigs+ The more ram the better.
You should be all set now! Just click play and once you are at the main menu, enter this IP: 74.91.114.159

How do I find all the blocks in a modpack?
Press E and select the search bar at the bottom right. Type @ and then the mod name. EX: @projectE

How do I See the recipe for a block I am holding or looking at with an empty hand?
Press the left ALT key while looking at the block or holding it.

Ok, I pressed ALT but how do I open the full recipe menu?
Press R while you have the little menu up show the recipe. This will bring you to the full recipe screen

What is the with all the blocks on the left side of my screen next to my inventory?
That is the mod called Just Enough Items or JEI for short.

What does JEI do?
It helps you learn what you can use stuff for and how to make everything

How do I use JEI?
Simply search for the mod you are playing with by using the @ symbol or just type in the name of the item you are looking for and then left or right click it with your mouse.

What does left and right click do in JEI?
Left clicking an item shows you how to make that item. Right clicking shows you what that item can be used for in other crafting recipes.

Why is combat so strange now?
1.9 is the Combat update of Minecraft. You now have to time your hits to get the most damage out of them. You should see a little sword under your crosshair that fills up.

I can't find out how to build this item for the mod I am using and it isn't in the JEI menu. What should I do?
I suggest you use google and type in the name of the mod and see if you can find a public wiki or a youtube video.

How do I find the mod name of the stuff I am using?
When you hover over an item it should tell you in blue letters at the bottom what mod it is apart of.

How do I protect my stuff?
Read the section about Chunk Claiming.

I am getting severe lag spikes after an hour of playing, what should I do?
I found just logging out of the server and back in tends to fix the problem. If that doesn't fix it, try restarting the game.

You will have to make a team first so in chat type /ftb team create "Name"
Then to invite others you just type /ftb team invite "Player name"
For players to join they need to type /ftb team join "team name"
To claim chunks once you have a team just press E and then click on the map.

So you find Minecraft looks really bad and you have an extremely powerful computer.

You will need at least a gtx 970 or better if you want 30+ fps with high end shaders.
To install you simply launch the game and click on video settings and then click on shaders
Then click open shaders folder and place the shader.zip you choose into the folder
Then go back to the menu of the shader options and you will see your new shader.zip
Click it and wait. I suggest having 6 gigs of ram dedicated for it to work. I got memory errors for anything below 5 gigs of dedicated ram.

I also suggest installing Slidurs Shader Pack. It is quite nice and works with dimensions.

THIS MODPACK WILL UPDATE EVERY WEEK ON WEDNESDAY. WE ARE CURRENTLY ON VERSION 1.3
(Check back here every week for updates)

Last edited:
Forgot your password?