Rabble! Rabble! Rabble!

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I don't know anything, but, since this is the internet, I feel compelled to share my opinion...

The whole ship customization, esp. now the "paint" thing has been a change in progress, that keeps changing. The feeling I have is that they believe this is a easy way to make a small (but significant) shit-ton of money during the life of the game. Remember the old skins that they used to sell? I have 3 or so of those; they used to work on the Aurora back in 2.x, but have not any time in memory. I still haven't heard what they plan to do with those. But, those were like $5 a piece, and could be used on multiple ships. Obviously, money was being left on the table! And a small indie developer like CIG (I'm only half joking, the $70 billion acquisition of Activision/Blizz by M$ sure makes it seem like CIG is a small indie developer in comparison) can't leave money on the table, that's for sure...

I have a feeling things like that will be sorted out, *eventually* but not after they figure out how to make the abovementioned shit-ton of money with paints. There was something recent about how CIG had promised we would be able to do something paint-wise to our ships based on Org affiliation, but CIG hasn't figured out exactly what yet; all we have is a promise. Again, I think all this ship appearance stuff will be settled far in the future, after CIG has staked out their territory (firmly) for monetizing ship paints.

BTW, anybody else think that most of the ship paints currently on sale are F-UGLY? I think I like only about 1 out of 10 or 20...

Forgot your password?