Raven codes hit rock bottom

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
While there are some that could be scamming this, my biggest issue with purchasing a code boils down to those codes were obtained from somebody purchasing an Optane 900P. If the drive should fail during its waranty period, will the code then be revoked? I'm drawing a blank pertaining to if CIG or Intel has given a statement in regards for this possibility or not.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
While there are some that could be scamming this, my biggest issue with purchasing a code boils down to those codes were obtained from somebody purchasing an Optane 900P. If the drive should fail during its waranty period, will the code then be revoked? I'm drawing a blank pertaining to if CIG or Intel has given a statement in regards for this possibility or not.
Hmm, that is a good question. And if some one returns them to place of purchase, will the code become invalid. Or would the new purchaser have an expired code that doesn't work

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
It could be legit there's a lot of companies buying hundreds/thousands of optanes and wondering WTF to do with these silly codes. All you need is a savvy IT guy to say "they aint worth nothing that game is a scam, i'll have 'em"

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
This is what i have been told happens if you return your optane and your code has been used. There have been a few posts confirming this also. It's always a risk buying from the grey market just be aware of who you are trading with if someone is selling hundreads of codes and havnt been reported as a scam its most likely they are not going to scam you.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7p8uu1 View: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7p8uu1/purchased_a_sabre_raven_from_ebay/

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
If the drive is returned the person who bought it has X amount removed(iirc it was 200) from the price due to the ship and is refunded the rest. It doesn't return the ship.
Pretty sure the reason behind that would be that CIG doesnt have the time to sit there and find out who gave who what and delete each one.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Hmm, that is a good question. And if some one returns them to place of purchase, will the code become invalid. Or would the new purchaser have an expired code that doesn't work
My worry about that entirely @hardroc77 .

This is what i have been told happens if you return your optane and your code has been used. There have been a few posts confirming this also. It's always a risk buying from the grey market just be aware of who you are trading with if someone is selling hundreads of codes and havnt been reported as a scam its most likely they are not going to scam you.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7p8uu1 View: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7p8uu1/purchased_a_sabre_raven_from_ebay/
You make a great point @Sirus7264 .

If the drive is returned the person who bought it has X amount removed(iirc it was 200) from the price due to the ship and is refunded the rest. It doesn't return the ship.
Thanks for the clarification @Black Sunder .

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Sunder is 100% correct, Both CIG and INTEL have stated this.
Here's the original terms
https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/brief/optane-ssd-900p-star-citizen-game-giveaway-rules.pdf

But they were amended as CIG does not / will not do refunds (for this). And there'd be big problems if they followed intel's original terms by deleting accounts they refunded the promo one (which they won't).
I can't find the updated posts from both intel and CIG about this, but.. they exist somewhere.

$60 for a raven and
Starting Money: 1,000 UEC
2 Month Insurance
Digital Star Citizen Manual
Star Citizen Digital Download

Is a good deal, which is why I got 6 of them. Even though they're just 2 mon insurance... I can release a small swarm of these from the big capital ships or pocket carrier for EMP mayhem and utilize the extra SC games as NPCs slots in the future. I'm considering buying two more before they're gone.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
Well then if it's from an established seller or middle man, I'd by one or two more for $60.00 each. It's a steal.
I might look into this

Reactions: Talonsbane

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
This seems to be in line with people selling store credits at discount and the never ending ships sales on here. The hype meters seem to be down even more than the year of nothing. Do they have enough funding for the many years left of development who knows.

zelange

Space Marshal
Feb 5, 2018
RSI Handle
zelange
Wow, I still don't have one, is the raven any good after the nerf? Still my favorite looking fighter...
yes and no, with only 2s3, and the fact that you need to be very close to the target to disable it, and it remove your shield too, it can be hard to manage.

in a one vs one scenario it's really a matter of how good you manage to release the emp, but it's hard to deactivate two target in one emp shoot, and without shield the ship is very fragile. Without proper stealth mechanics and with the new flight model coming we don't rally know if it will be good in future...

but personally, i find it's a really fun ship it had some spice in gameplay, have one of the better cockpit view, and can probably do some small data running jobs

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
yes and no, with only 2s3, and the fact that you need to be very close to the target to disable it, and it remove your shield too, it can be hard to manage.

in a one vs one scenario it's really a matter of how good you manage to release the emp, but it's hard to deactivate two target in one emp shoot, and without shield the ship is very fragile. Without proper stealth mechanics and with the new flight model coming we don't rally know if it will be good in future...

but personally, i find it's a really fun ship it had some spice in gameplay, have one of the better cockpit view, and can probably do some small data running jobs
It does make a great first strike ship for some one with, oh say an Aurora, to follow you and blast the lucky recipient. Nothing sucks more than to have your Sabre or SH to be fucked up by a TEST mobile after it's been disabled. I know, it happened to me.

Reactions: Talonsbane
Forgot your password?