RDR2 coming to PC Nov 5th!

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
So how amazing is this game? I'm looking at it for 33% off on Greenmangaming right now, and I'm seriously thinking about it. I'm don't really care about the online portion of the game, as ain't nobody got time for that, but yeah...
Is it worth the 60 bucks? Or am I going to buy Star Wars instead?
if you can get the ultimate edition, i would recommend it. what you get for free is a big help, and the racing horse in red dead online is priceless

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
if you can get the ultimate edition, i would recommend it. what you get for free is a big help, and the racing horse in red dead online is priceless
Really. I wasn't planning on playing the online portion. Are they tied together, or two separate games?

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Really. I wasn't planning on playing the online portion. Are they tied together, or two separate games?
Although I haven't tried the multiplayer yet, I think it's separate. What I'm sure of is that the online part does not intervene in your single player game in any way. The single player part is proper classic single player. No one is going to drop into your session to harass you or anything like that.
Btw, I don't even know which version I got, but I think I never used any of the free horses/weapons and stuff. Used the starter horse for most of the time then found a black-and-white spotted horse in a mission that looked kinda cool and changed to that. So no, you absolutely do not need any kind of extra edition for the single player part, but you might enjoy the extra missions it supposedly gives you (if that's in single player, haven't checked yet)

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Although I haven't tried the multiplayer yet, I think it's separate. What I'm sure of is that the online part does not intervene in your single player game in any way. The single player part is proper classic single player. No one is going to drop into your session to harass you or anything like that.
Btw, I don't even know which version I got, but I think I never used any of the free horses/weapons and stuff. Used the starter horse for most of the time then found a black-and-white spotted horse in a mission that looked kinda cool and changed to that. So no, you absolutely do not need any kind of extra edition for the single player part, but you might enjoy the extra missions it supposedly gives you (if that's in single player, haven't checked yet)
Sweet, good to know. The special edition gives you the extra missions, and the ultimate edition gives the online stuff. I really don't think I'll ever have time for the online game, so I may just go with the single player stuff.

Reactions: Lorddarthvik

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
So how amazing is this game? I'm looking at it for 33% off on Greenmangaming right now, and I'm seriously thinking about it. I'm don't really care about the online portion of the game, as ain't nobody got time for that, but yeah...
Is it worth the 60 bucks? Or am I going to buy Star Wars instead?
I would give it 9/10.
I have a powerful PC and can not play it on all high graphics settings, However it still runs and looks great in 4k at medium/high settings. (no chance of using ultra settings). I am about 30hrs in and am doing single player story and free roaming. I have still not visited the entire map, it is big but does not seem as big as Skyrim but I am not sure I will have to google it.
The story is entertaining and seems well written.

I had none of the reported problems ( I used the Nvidia driver that was released at the same time as the game) However when the next Nvidia driver came out a week later it ruined the game for me and I rolled by driver back to v 441.12 and works fine again.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I would give it 9/10.
I have a powerful PC and can not play it on all high graphics settings, However it still runs and looks great in 4k at medium/high settings. (no chance of using ultra settings). I am about 30hrs in and am doing single player story and free roaming. I have still not visited the entire map, it is big but does not seem as big as Skyrim but I am not sure I will have to google it.
The story is entertaining and seems well written.

I had none of the reported problems ( I used the Nvidia driver that was released at the same time as the game) However when the next Nvidia driver came out a week later it ruined the game for me and I rolled by driver back to v 441.12 and works fine again.
Good to know. I have a slightly older machine, but still fairly powerful, only running at 1080, so I should be good.

Forgot your password?