REC Ships

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Not sure if this had been brought up before or not, but you can fly REC ships in 3.0.0

Nifty way to try them out, before you buy them.

I am liking the Reliant Kore, may have to try out a few others as well.
Good point there!
Should have been mentioned in the patch notes really.
There was a bug where you could only fly the ship you rented last, the previously rented but still active rental ships didn't show up. Was this fixed?

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
Good point there!
There was a bug where you could only fly the ship you rented last, the previously rented but still active rental ships didn't show up. Was this fixed?
Are you sure that flying ANY REC ship in the PU isn't a bug?

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
Good point there!
I have only flown the several that I rented, so not sure it works for all rental ships. I have a feeling that if it is for rent for AC, but not currently active for the PU, that you would not be able to fly it.

I shall get a few more and see what all happens. Lord knows I got enough REC.

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
Are you sure that flying ANY REC ship in the PU isn't a bug?
Okay, seems that if you rent a ship, then log in and pull it up on the console it appears. Then log out, rent another ship and log in, and it shows up on the console, with the previous ship. Guess it is the "logging in" after each purchase that does it. Because, I now have 4 ships that I can fly using REC.

EDIT: Seems that the most you (or at least I) can have is four REC ships at a time. I rented three at one time, logged in, last one rented showed up. Did a complete rent on two more, each separately, when I logged in, last one rented showed up. Then did a rental, logged it, it was there. Then did another rental, and the top rental ship listed vanished. Did another rental, and the second rental ship listed vanished.

Not really definitive without a larger TEST pool, but shows a trend.

Last edited:

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
I need to have a go of the retaliator and torpedo people from 15km away for fun.

I have plenty of REC as well so might try the Sabre also as I've only tried it once or twice after stealing them.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Not sure if this had been brought up before or not, but you can fly REC ships in 3.0.0

Nifty way to try them out, before you buy them.

I am liking the Reliant Kore, may have to try out a few others as well.
I have 2 REC ships and a handful of REC weapons in my account, but can't get to any of them. Is this only for newly rented gear?

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I have 2 REC ships and a handful of REC weapons in my account, but can't get to any of them. Is this only for newly rented gear?
I've rented some ships just after 2.6.3 came out, and as I didn't play until 3.0, they are still active and I can fly them in the PU.
What I'm trying to say is, I got no idea how the REC system works at the moment lol

SullyQuindarius

Admiral
Dec 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SullyQuindarius
The ship storage system is completely broken for me... I now have almost twice as many ships as I actually own available, simply from ones I've melted, upgraded, or traded in the weeks since 3.0 came out.

Every time I get rid of a ship, it stays in my list of available ships for some reason...
I still have a Titan, two Auroras, a Freelancer, Buccaneer...

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
The ship storage system is completely broken for me... I now have almost twice as many ships as I actually own available, simply from ones I've melted, upgraded, or traded in the weeks since 3.0 came out.

Every time I get rid of a ship, it stays in my list of available ships for some reason...
I still have a Titan, two Auroras, a Freelancer, Buccaneer...
I currently show I have a Stalker, 5 Titans, a Bucky, 2 Cuttys, 2 Kores, 2 Mustang Alphas....the list goes on....

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
It might be, I never rented a ship out before 3.0
Tried it by renting a Cutlass. the Sabre which still has 2 days left never showed, the Cutlass showed once, logged out, logged back in and it was gone.

Rented an M7A and it was there when I spawned my Vanguard, and attached it. Was still there when I respawned it, however I am concerned as I, on a regular basis, have to file a claim on my vanguard as it tends to spawn with pieces missing, in particular the door.

This mess is well and truly broken for me.

Reactions: Talonsbane
Forgot your password?