Recently got back into Pokemon

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Its been a long time since I played Pokemon. I was watching Team Four Star play Leaf Green and it kindled my desire to play again. Asked a friend if he knew of a place to download an emulator and ROM for Gen 1 Pokemon Red. http://www.emuparadise.me/ Been playing it and its just as fun as I remember it. I'll play Fire Red when I get done and then maybe the card game after that.

Currently have a team of a Charmeleon, Nidorino, Pikachu, Diglett, and Gyrados. I'm inside the Rock Tunnel atm.

Last edited:

Bigcracker

Space Marshal
Feb 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Bigcracker8789
I have not tried any of the MMOs. Thought there were not any because Nintendo hasn't ever allowed it?

I can't get Sandshrew in Pokemon Red. I'm a power gamer in Pokemon. I only catch what I want for a team. Most of the current team will be replaced later on.
Its not a official Nintendo mmo but pretty good none the less.

considered this best - www.pokemmo.eu
2nd best - www.pokemon-planet.com

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Cool stuff I'll check it out.

That Gyarados I have is from the Magicarp you can buy from the guy before Mt Moon. Funny story because Magicarp saved my butt from Misty after I had gotten her Starmie down to 1/4 health. Starmie proceeded to KO my Pikachu, Nidorino and Charmander in succession. So all I have left is Magicarp right? I use tackle a couple times and it defeats Starmie. I didn't realize it but Magicarp was literally this close to being Gyarados anyway and the victory caused the evolution. If I had known I would have leveled up Magicarp a bit more and never had the problem to begin with. LOL.

Reactions: RipVanDan

FireEmblem6

Captain
Feb 27, 2016
RSI Handle
FireEmblem6
I keep getting into pokemon and falling out of love for it. Every time I think I am done with it, I get drawn back in. Right now, I am really wanting to see Pokemon Go. It seems like it could be awesome.

Reactions: RipVanDan and Xaing

Harkuno

Sticker King
May 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkuno
I love playing pokemon, it's a great game and you can just get into it and enjoy it. :) I have firered and ruby with my GameBoy Advance SP, i always take it with me on flights :D

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
On Monday I had managed to get through Silph Co. and beat Sabrina. All well and good. Well Tuesday I started thinking about how I've done so far and realized I've made a bunch of mistakes such as teaching TMs to Pokemon that I shouldn't have and not saving them or just storing them away. I also realized I didn't have a Pokemon who was really good for catching others.

So I copied my emulator and ROM to another folder and started a new game. I still have the old game if I need it of course. My team hasn't changed too much starting out but I did add a Butterfree to the lineup and got him to lvl 15 before I took on Brock. It was EASY. I'm on the road to Mt Moon now. And I just remembered I have to go through the trouble of leveling Magicarp again. The end result is worth it though!

Riekopo

Vice Admiral
Mar 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Riekopo
I'm also getting back into Pokémon since my little cousin is playing now. I've got to say that a lot of these newer Pokémon are total crap designs.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Well I made a new game and started playing around with the gameshark and codes. I have my ending team from the start(Caught them all at lvl 3) along with a few items and moves that I taught them but I'm going to level them normally and play along normally. So far I'm enjoying it quite well.

Does anyone have a pdf scan of Prima's guide for the gameboy Pokemon Trading Card Game or the Versus guide. All I can find is the Nintendo Power guide for it and it sucks.

Riekopo

Vice Admiral
Mar 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Riekopo
And also it doesn't appear that Nintendo believes in price cuts or sales. I buy only digital and everything is pretty much $40 no matter how old it is. Really annoying.

VariXx

Rear Admiral
Jul 18, 2015
RSI Handle
VariXx
I haven't played since red and recently just picked up a 3DS with Pokemon X. I went with X instead of ORAS because I read it was more like the originals. I'm not sure how true that because I haven't played Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire but so far I'm liking it and it feels like right where I left off.

I remember seeing the Pokemon MMO awhile ago but I thought it got shot down by Nintendo. Good to know it's still a thing. Is there a TEST group on any of them?

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I haven't played since red and recently just picked up a 3DS with Pokemon X. I went with X instead of ORAS because I read it was more like the originals. I'm not sure how true that because I haven't played Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire but so far I'm liking it and it feels like right where I left off.

I remember seeing the Pokemon MMO awhile ago but I thought it got shot down by Nintendo. Good to know it's still a thing. Is there a TEST group on any of them?
I'm playing leaf green atm. Its a good remake.

Forgot your password?