Recently watched movie

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Dr. Strange 3D

Were yesterday at the movies with my daughter, watched the newest Marvel-movie named "Dr. Strange". Honestly, having had no idea about Dr. Strange and been quite disappointed of "Avengers 2" and "Captain America 3", my expectations were around 0,0...two hours of more or less comfortable sleep in the cinema seat.

Surprise, surprise: the Doctor turned out to be one of the better, very entertaining Marvel movies. Excluding Mads Mikkelsen, who obviously hasn't had the chance/possibility to act within his given character-role of the antagonist, it was fun to watch the brilliant acting of Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange himself, Bendict Wong acting as "Wong" (haha :smile:) and foremost Tilda Swinton as "the Ancient One". In opposite to the "Marvel main movies" this one had less action and more dialog, which is one more big benefit for this film. The third benefit are the CGI-effects which are most obviously lent of "Inception" - only thing is: here it is like "Inception³", and in 3D. An wow, that was amazing stuff which Disney/Marvel put onto the big screen! I'm often annoyed about this 3D-shit here in Germany, because you are forced to watch movies in 3D aka to pay big money on no effort. But here I have to admit that the 3D-upcharge was worth it.
Negative points: as said before, the want-to-be-badass here again is a total dead loss; thus Loki stays as the undefeated king on the Marvel-badasses-throne. The music score is very lame. And, well, don't ask about logic or the like. I mean: its about time-travel, spacetime-continuum - and its based on a comic. So do yourself a favour and don't ask questions - just watch and enjoy. ;)
08/10

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
thanks for the review Sam, Looking forward to watching it.

Reactions: AstroSam

HaymeR

Admiral
Oct 28, 2016
RSI Handle
Haym3r
Thanks for the review. I'm going to see it upcoming weekend. Been hyped for this movie for a while now and now after all the reviews it looks like I'm not going to be disappointed.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Dr. Strange 3D

Were yesterday at the movies with my daughter, watched the newest Marvel-movie named "Dr. Strange". Honestly, having had no idea about Dr. Strange and been quite disappointed of "Avengers 2" and "Captain America 3", my expectations were around 0,0...two hours of more or less comfortable sleep in the cinema seat.

Surprise, surprise: the Doctor turned out to be one of the better, very entertaining Marvel movies. Excluding Mads Mikkelsen, who obviously hasn't had the chance/possibility to act within his given character-role of the antagonist, it was fun to watch the brilliant acting of Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange himself, Bendict Wong acting as "Wong" (haha :smile:) and foremost Tilda Swinton as "the Ancient One". In opposite to the "Marvel main movies" this one had less action and more dialog, which is one more big benefit for this film. The third benefit are the CGI-effects which are most obviously lent of "Inception" - only thing is: here it is like "Inception³", and in 3D. An wow, that was amazing stuff which Disney/Marvel put onto the big screen! I'm often annoyed about this 3D-shit here in Germany, because you are forced to watch movies in 3D aka to pay big money on no effort. But here I have to admit that the 3D-upcharge was worth it.
Negative points: as said before, the want-to-be-badass here again is a total dead loss; thus Loki stays as the undefeated king on the Marvel-badasses-throne. The music score is very lame. And, well, don't ask about logic or the like. I mean: its about time-travel, spacetime-continuum - and its based on a comic. So do yourself a favour and don't ask questions - just watch and enjoy. ;)
08/10
Thanks for the spoiler-free review! We'r going to see it this Wednesday, in good ol plain 2D. Same issues here with having to watch everything in 3D with ridiculous ticket prices these days, so if it's possible I always try to find a 2D option, if there's one! Sadly that usually means going to a small theatre with shitty old projector and screen... I'm going to go in with the same background as you, I hope I'll enjoy it as much as you did as well :D

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
I saw it in 2D. I did not feel like I missed anything by not seeing it in 3D. I thought the story was pretty good and they chose decent actors for it. I certainly liked it better than some (cough cough DC) movies I have seen recently....

Used to be you bought Marvel for the art and DC for the stories...now it seems you look at Marvel for both.

That said, they have only really been telling a single story, interwoven on different levels, etc. There are others stories they could tell, but not sure if they will ever do that.

btw, stay till the end of the credits. Many in my theatre got up after the stinger in the middle of the credits...there are two stingers, one in the middle of the credits, one at the end.

Last edited:

Tarbaul

Captain
Oct 17, 2016
RSI Handle
Tarbaul
I saw it in 2D. I did not feel like I missed anything by not seeing it in 3D. I thought the story was pretty good and they chose decent actors for it. I certainly liked it better than some (cough cough DC) movies I have seen recently....

Used to be you bought Marvel for the art and DC for the dtories...now it seems you look at Marvel for both.

That said, they have only really been telling a single story, interwoven on different levels, etc. There are others stories they could tell, but not sure if they will ever do that.

btw, stay till the end of the credits. Many in my theatre got up after the stinger in the middle of the credits...there are two stingers, one in the middle of the credits, one at the end.
Goddamnit. ❌

Phantomoftruth

Space Marshal
Feb 14, 2016
RSI Handle
PhantomofTruth
i've loved Dr. Strange since I was a kid. i was happy they got him Mostly right. i was bummed at what they had to adjust due to Market-issues. Tilda and Mikkel are amazing, and agree that he was under-utilised. I'm not going to complain about the film, it had to set a stage for an aspect of the Marvel universe for the MCU that is non linear, non-Euclidean, and everything BUT the world as we know it. For just under two hours, it was a fast watch for me. i need the time to see it again. Open for me, Eye of Agamoto!

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I just watched 21 Jump Street - again :smile:

I don't know, this movie is getting me such a good time every single time I'm watching it. And every single time I'm finding new hints and jokes.
And boy, this chemistry teacher is so sexy as hell!

Perfect movie for beers&bros!!

Reactions: Lorddarthvik
Forgot your password?