Redeemer creator has spoken!

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Personally, SC has plenty of drop ship capable ships already in the verse. Changing the Redeemer into strictly a midsize gunship that handles well in atmosphere would be the best option in my opinion. The Hammerhead is large / borderline sub capital sized, so a midsize gunship would make the most sense. Hell, just to make it up to those that initially backed it, make it long range capable to travel with the Vanguards in exchange for it loosing its drop ship capabilities. I'd call that a win / win modification. How about each of you?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
From what I have read they are dropping the dropship, no pun intended, and going full on gunship ac-130 style.
Dare to dream!
Personally, SC has plenty of drop ship capable ships already in the verse. Changing the Redeemer into strictly a midsize gunship that handles well in atmosphere would be the best option in my opinion. The Hammerhead is large / borderline sub capital sized, so a midsize gunship would make the most sense. Hell, just to make it up to those that initially backed it, make it long range capable to travel with the Vanguards in exchange for it loosing its drop ship capabilities. I'd call that a win / win modification. How about each of you?
I'd be all over this like @Blind Owl on beer!

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
From what I have read they are dropping the dropship, no pun intended, and going full on gunship ac-130 style.
honestly this is what i wanted the most i want a heavy fighter if i get a fighting capable ship i dont care if its slow if its well armed and can blow small ships out of the water its what i want cause well im slow and and im sloppy i just want to make that one shot count. put some size 6 cannon on that baby!

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
I love this idea to be honest! If the ship grew a little I'd be fine with it, if it stays the same size but can maneuver around a combat engagement and slaughter smaller fighters I'd be thrilled. I am curious what they plan to do with the design though. Will we just loose the space intended for transporting troops to an engineering area that houses beefier gear and powers our guns?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I love this idea to be honest! If the ship grew a little I'd be fine with it, if it stays the same size but can maneuver around a combat engagement and slaughter smaller fighters I'd be thrilled. I am curious what they plan to do with the design though. Will we just loose the space intended for transporting troops to an engineering area that houses beefier gear and powers our guns?
If CIG enlarged the Redeemer 0.5 meters, it would be the same length as the Vanguards & is made by the same manufacturer, so it would make the most sense to me.

Reactions: Blind Owl

daren1985

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 19, 2014
RSI Handle
S7ARTAN
Ahh the nutcracker. Not a fan and agree with others it doesn’t fit Aegis aesthetics. Hopefully they come up with a good redesign or move it to another ship brand.

At the time of TNGS, I was more a fan of the Scimitar which seemed more aligned with the Drake lineup.

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
I melted the Redeemer ages ago and have not looked back. Its vertically-oriented design makes the interior of this ship, in particular, feel way too cramped and undesirable for its original dropship mission. I do like its looks from its underside though. I might pick it up again if it becomes a pure gunship if its interior is heavily redesigned.

Attachments

Last edited:
Forgot your password?