Remind me...

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
We also have far more robots in our forum, which automatically makes us better.

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Wow, it's almost like spamming a bunch of people just to get numbers doesn't get you members that actually want to be there.

What a shocker!
Yep! XD lol I am very happy that we have so many active people to talk to.

Fenrig

Rear Admiral
May 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fenrig
Wow, it's almost like spamming a bunch of people just to get numbers doesn't get you members that actually want to be there.

What a shocker!
This is happening in TEST too. A friend of mine bought into the game and within an hour had an invite to TEST without making any request or posting anything.

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
This is happening in TEST too. A friend of mine bought into the game and within an hour had an invite to TEST without making any request or posting anything.
Well thats not good. I know when the other orgs kept sending me invites it made really dislike them.

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
Any way to find out who that was? We want people sending invites and recruiting, but it has to be personalized and some effort should be put into it. Not just blindly sending copy-pasta to every new player we can find.

Reactions: mromutt

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
I actually talked with Montoya about this, and it seems that the current policy is that if CIG doesn't do something about the invite spam (and by extension, the other large orgs abusing it), we're going to follow suit in order to maintain a minimum of member growth.

In other words, "If we don't keep up, one missed invitation is one that could go to the competition."

So in my opinion, this is really on CIG to fix, not us. (An allusion to the fact that there are no known exploits at this point, and any methods used are common knowledge.)

Fortunately for us, we don't have a culture of "GET 500 MEMBERS INTO ORG, BECOME AN ADMIRAL!" like some other orgs do. :p

Fenrig

Rear Admiral
May 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fenrig
I actually talked with Montoya about this, and it seems that the current policy is that if CIG doesn't do something about the invite spam (and by extension, the other large orgs abusing it), we're going to follow suit in order to maintain a minimum of member growth.

In other words, "If we don't keep up, one missed invitation is one that could go to the competition."

So in my opinion, this is really on CIG to fix, not us. (An allusion to the fact that there are no known exploits at this point, and any methods used are common knowledge.)

Fortunately for us, we don't have a culture of "GET 500 MEMBERS INTO ORG, BECOME AN ADMIRAL!" like some other orgs do. :p
I didn't mean it as a complaint so much as an observation, and I agree. If CIG allows it, then it should be done as long as it doesn't wreck the ethos. Which in the case of my friend does mean that a utter and complete teetotaler was invited into the org, but whatever. Somebody has to be the DD right?

Forgot your password?