Requesting Help for Bar Citizen in Boston, Massacheucets.

Lonewollf

Space Marshal
Mar 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Lonewollf
My fellow Test Members, this is Lonewollf coming to you with some bad news, and hopefully some good to follow as well.

I have been in touch with Sandi Gardner from CIG about another event at the Boston Royale Nightclub like they have had for the past two years. To this, the answer from Sandi is: "We aren't personally going to PAX East this year :( thought we may be represented by one of our partners there."

I wrote her back and stated that this was very sad news indeed. I then made the suggestion that maybe I could set the ball rolling on a Bar Citizen event. Sandi's reply: "yes, if you set up a bar citizen, please let us know and maybe we can send someone out."

I have made contact with the manager for the Royale and has stated that we could very easily get something going for this, but with everything said and done, the damage on the checkbook would be around $15,000 for a venue area that could hold around 1500 people.

I am reaching out to you all not for money, but for Ideas and/or other options to get this going. What are your thoughts?

PaulEPeptide

Space Marshal
Dec 20, 2013
RSI Handle
PaulEPeptide
That's a bummer if they're not going to be having an event there this year, this is the first time I've been able to get back home to Massachusetts to get to PAX East since star citizen got off the ground.

I'll be there for a bar citizen if it happens.

Also, I'm impressed with the creativity you used in your spelling of Massachusetts.

Nightrider

Media Propaganda Czar
Jul 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Nightrider
I live 25 min south of Boston and would attend a Boston Bar Citizen event if one was setup.

Cervos

Vice Admiral
Donor
May 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Cervos
As far as constructive suggestions go I'd cut down the size of the venue and expectations for how many will come.

1500 backers will show up for Chris and Sandi, a demo of a new piece of functionality, some ridiculous lies about how soon(tm) the next drop is coming, and photos and signatures. If it's Joe Bag'oDonuts from Turbulent with nothing new to share and no RSI backing and promotion, not so much. Make it 250 people, find a smaller/cheaper venue, sell tickets for modest amount like $15 a piece.

I'm local and I'd come, there are a few other Testies that don't pay attention to the forums that I could probably rustle up as well.

Forgot your password?