Retaliator: help a brother outfit an new pewpew.

Which Modules?

• Cargo Bay

• Front Torpedo Bay (4)

• Rear Torpedo Bay (2)

• Living Quarters

• Dropship (Front Only)

• Wait for Additional Modules

Results are only viewable after voting.

Crawley

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Crawley
Long story short, I'm about to have some disposable income in a couple days. The bigger ships are generally a bit rich for my taste, and yet the new modular Tali being offered comes with LTI. That's too good to pass up and I'm ready to get something big.

So the question is, what the fuck modules do I get? So I'm polling you. I'll probably end up getting the top two or three modules, or none if it's a better idea to wait for the announced modules (medical area, cryo chamber, etc.) to come out.

Reactions: Liquor_and_ores

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Personally I would say get a living mod and a cargo mod then wait for the others they will be putting out, also the torpedo bays are not lti they are only 24 month though that is a long time anyway lol.

Crawley

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Crawley
Personally I would say get a living mod and a cargo mod then wait for the others they will be putting out, also the torpedo bays are not lti they are only 24 month though that is a long time anyway lol.
I'm almost certain to get a cargo bay, but I'm really not sure about living space. Seems...pointless, somehow? I don't think I'll be ferrying passengers in a bomber.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
For purchases I recommend the following: One cargo module, and one crew module. Both will come with LTI, so if you get shot down, you have these modules ready to go so you can get spaceborne ASAP.

For actual flight-readiness, I recommend one forward Torpedo bay, and anything in the back - cargo or crew. This configuration, you'll have to purchase in-universe. :)

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I'd definitely go with a cargo module and a living module first, or dual cargo modules. Either of those will set you up quite nicely for some cargo hauling on risky routes, which will let you get the money to upgrade and purchase more modules.

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
For purchases I recommend the following: One cargo module, and one crew module. Both will come with LTI, so if you get shot down, you have these modules ready to go so you can get spaceborne ASAP.
LTI doesn't mean immediate delivery. You still have to wait to get things produced and delivered to the system. LTI just means you won't have to pay insurance renewal or replacement costs for the specific module/ship.

My suggestion is don't get any of the modules with LTI, my guess is that they will be way cheaper in game than what you pay for them now. Also don't forget that in a game like this prices are affected by the market and players. If you want to have something immediately as the game starts, buy it, if not don't buy it. I paid for my 315p and Cutlass because I want to hurry into scanning new areas as soon as the PU launches and setup my pira... ehem freelancing business.

This is why some general planning regarding PU launch plans would be good, would help us pick our starting equipment while flash sales are still a thing.

Crawley

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Crawley
LTI doesn't mean immediate delivery. You still have to wait to get things produced and delivered to the system. LTI just means you won't have to pay insurance renewal or replacement costs for the specific module/ship.
Heck, a ship like that though is going to have seriously substantial initial cost as well as insurance and upkeep. So even though it may not be an immediate replacement, never having to worry about not having one is worth the LTI.

Crawley

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Crawley
I went with front and back cargo mods, if nothing else it can be a suicide blockade runner
If you're relying on LTI to be a suicide blockade, might as well get one of each! I got one CRRRRRGORRR BRRRRRRRY and one LRRRRVRRRNG QUERRRRTERRRRRS

Reactions: Esq

AccidentProne8

Space Marshal
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
accidentproneeight
I bought a dropship module and rear torps, as well as both cargos. My reason being, I want an operation pitchfork ready ship to attempt to seize Vanduul assets if at all possible. Then cargo modules for earning front torps in game.

Reactions: Crawley
Forgot your password?