returned to station

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
I was out mining with an alt yesterday when I looked at the time and decided I needed to get ready for work. I logged out with a partial load of bexalite thinking I would try again tomorrow. When I logged back in this morning, both toons were at the station, along with the ship and surprisingly, my load of Bexalite. I found this to be rather encouraging. While I would have preferred to remain in the halo, at least I didn't lose anything.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I was out mining with an alt yesterday when I looked at the time and decided I needed to get ready for work. I logged out with a partial load of bexalite thinking I would try again tomorrow. When I logged back in this morning, both toons were at the station, along with the ship and surprisingly, my load of Bexalite. I found this to be rather encouraging. While I would have preferred to remain in the halo, at least I didn't lose anything.
When the bugs turn into features... lucky I guess.
Yesterday I had to re-log 6 times until I found a server where minerals spawned on moons or the server didn't 30k on me after 5 minutes. Most annoying patch in a long time...

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
When the bugs turn into features... lucky I guess.
Yesterday I had to re-log 6 times until I found a server where minerals spawned on moons or the server didn't 30k on me after 5 minutes. Most annoying patch in a long time...
I have to agree.
I have had a few inopportune 30K's happen, causing me to lose a lot of aUEC. I got a ship impounded too yesterday, all I did was to spawn it and suffer a 30K right after. When I got back in the game the ship was impounded.
But I have also experienced the same kind of thing that @Thalstan described in my Prospector. I was approaching the landing pad with a load, and experienced a 10 second power failure... I subsequently forgot about that. Yesterday (three days later) I took the Prospector out without thinking about it, found a 40% Quantinium rock that I was able to crack... and then discovered my ship was still full of ore.

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
Your ship will always spawn at the last station that granted you permission to land.

TIP: When travelling a long distance, fly past the closest station and request landing....when granted you can QJ to your destination.
If you get a 30K, the ship will spawn at that station with cargo, etc.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Your ship will always spawn at the last station that granted you permission to land.

TIP: When travelling a long distance, fly past the closest station and request landing....when granted you can QJ to your destination.
If you get a 30K, the ship will spawn at that station with cargo, etc.
Wait, what??
Why this don't work for me at all?? I mean a keep asking permission, landing even for a couple seconds so I respawn there, but I never have any ships just there to spawn after a 30k. Always have to claim, always fully reset.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
You know how sometimes you get a game crash, fill out the form, and you can log back into your ship and continue on? Once, maybe 2 patches ago, I did that but when I respawned I was for an instant beside my ship, in deep space. It however was flying away from me at full throttle. The ship was absolutely full of Laranite and Medical supplies. Fortunately it was a Freelancer, and not my Caterpillar.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
You where very lucky actually.
Usually loggin out in bed end up two way:
- you spawn in your ship on planet, and the ship start falling trough it being heavily damaged or destroyed if you attempt to re-surface
- you spawn in your laast station... your ship don't and you need to reclaim it

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
Wait, what??
Why this don't work for me at all?? I mean a keep asking permission, landing even for a couple seconds so I respawn there, but I never have any ships just there to spawn after a 30k. Always have to claim, always fully reset.
Strange.....I have been doing this for months while doing cargo runs; especially when using a larger ship.
It has worked every time.....

Perhaps is because you land..... Once permission is given, I just QJ to my destination. If (and this does not happen often) I get a 30K my ship can be spawned at the station without claiming.
[I am told that this is because I had requested landing permission before the 30K and after filling with cargo]

I am completely baffled as to why this has not worked for you. many people that I know do this.

Forgot your password?