Reverse Referral Program Drake Dragonfly Model

RiceMaiden

Admiral
Jan 21, 2017
RSI Handle
RiceMaiden
Let's face it. I'm old. I'm ready to be put in the ground. I have no friends... They've long left me for Battlegrounds.

So when the referral program was announced, I was livid. PINK Dragonfly? WITH ULTRA KAWAII KITTENS ON IT?!?! This was a must have in my book. Sadly, being in the position so many others are in, my friend base was tapped out as I had already bought most of them accounts.

So I decided to show CIG a better referral program. It's a program where I build Dragonfly's out of the kindness of my heart and give it to my friends to keep them interested in the game (versus creating a program with heavily unobtainable goals that will ultimately leave a sour taste on your community) (I'm sour :D )

Anyways, here it is, 1/23rd scale Drake Dragonfly. A larger scale than my previous models due to the otherwise small size of the ship. I'm pretty happy with how it came out. It's easy to manufacture (1x 3D print sheet, 1x laser cut sheet) and easy to build.

I will eventually release the files for everyone to build after I make a couple tweaks. I've had enough interest that I will release all the laser cut parts as STL's as well so the model would be potentially 100% 3D printed.

I already have one friend lined up to paint his. I'll eventually throw some pink paint on mine and get the Star Kitten vinyls in place for the truest of Ultra Kawaii Star Kitten rides.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Let's face it. I'm old. I'm ready to be put in the ground. I have no friends... They've long left me for Battlegrounds.

So when the referral program was announced, I was livid. PINK Dragonfly? WITH ULTRA KAWAII KITTENS ON IT?!?! This was a must have in my book. Sadly, being in the position so many others are in, my friend base was tapped out as I had already bought most of them accounts.

So I decided to show CIG a better referral program. It's a program where I build Dragonfly's out of the kindness of my heart and give it to my friends to keep them interested in the game (versus creating a program with heavily unobtainable goals that will ultimately leave a sour taste on your community) (I'm sour :smile: )

Anyways, here it is, 1/23rd scale Drake Dragonfly. A larger scale than my previous models due to the otherwise small size of the ship. I'm pretty happy with how it came out. It's easy to manufacture (1x 3D print sheet, 1x laser cut sheet) and easy to build.

I will eventually release the files for everyone to build after I make a couple tweaks. I've had enough interest that I will release all the laser cut parts as STL's as well so the model would be potentially 100% 3D printed.

I already have one friend lined up to paint his. I'll eventually throw some pink paint on mine and get the Star Kitten vinyls in place for the truest of Ultra Kawaii Star Kitten rides.

I would leave +42 likes, if it'd be possible!! Amazing job!

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Great work ricey!!!

Reactions: Blind Owl

RiceMaiden

Admiral
Jan 21, 2017
RSI Handle
RiceMaiden
I knew it! lol so is that you in the video then? Looks like you got your work put up on citizen of the stars either way huh.
Sadly I live in the states and couldn't attend BritizenCon. The ship appeared in Citizens of the Stars but I did not... I won MVP twice in the old format and then got mentioned in the Top 5 a couple weeks back for my F8 Lightning model.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Wow Rice, that's amazing. Congrats. It's good to know we have such amazing talent in TEST. Well, in the community in general, but especially in TEST.

Forgot your password?