Roadmap Roundup

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Roadmap Roundup | July 14th, 2021
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/.../18227-Roadmap...
Release View
:SCN1: Persistent Hangars: [3.17] Players will have their own Persistent Hangars, allowing them to buy cargo and asend it to their hangars.
:SCN1: Outpost Homestead - Independent & Outlaw: [3.17] A small home for AI to live and shelter.
Progress Tracker
:SCN1: Laser Trip Mine: Implementing laser trip mines.
:SCN1: Frontier Clothing: Generating concepts for frontier-style clothing.
:SCN1: Female Player Head: Completing a modeling and texture polish for the female player's head.
:SCN1: DGS Mesh Node: Allowing Dedicated Game Servers to exchange entities and authority over the same instance of Hybrid Service. [Part of Server Meshing]
:SCN1: Shard Manager: Responsible for creating a shard filled with entities for players to join. [Part of Server Meshing and Persistence]
:SCN1: Inventory Unstow: Allowing the fetching of an item from an inventory and placing it into a Shard (e.g. an unstowed ship with cargo will removed from the inventory and placed into the game). [Part of Server Meshing and Persistence]
:SCN1: Entity Stow / Destroy: Allowing the moving of an item into an inventory (e.g. a stowed ship with cargo will be removed from the game and placed into the inventory). [Part of Server Meshing]
:SCN1: Itemport Mod API: Allows tools like the Vehicle Modification App to modify ship loadouts inside inventories. [Part of Persistence]
:SCN1: Shard Data Query API: Allows gamecode access to common queries against entity graph data. [Part of Persistence]
:SCN1: Free Form Variable API: Backboard service for gamecode systems to write generic persistent variables. [Part of Persistence]
:SCN1: AI - Navigation Links - Ladders/Ledge Grab: Allowing NPCs to use ladders and ledges.
:SCN1: AI - Trolley Push & Pull: Allowing NPCs to use trolleys and trolley-like entities.
:SCN1: AI - Ground Vehicles: Allowing NPCs to control and drive ground vehicles.
:SCN1: AI - Unmanned Missile Turrets: Adding AI controlled missile turrets.
:SCN1: AI - Medical: Implementing a variety of medical AI behaviours for doctors and nurses.
:SCN1: AI - Leisure: Implementing how the AI behaves when they have free time in their schedule.
:SCN1: AI - Dancing: Implementing how the AI will behave at nightclubs, if they decide to go to one after work.
:SCN1: Fire Hazard: The Fire Hazard system will track fire and temperature on objects. Will be setup on a few select vehicles intially.
:SCN1: Destructible Workflow: Allowing artists and designers to work with destructible objects.
:SCN1: Maya Live Link: Allowing animators to work with the best possible preview quality.
:SCN1: Rescue / Transport Mission: Creating missions where players transport and rescue customers.
:SCN1: Infiltrate / Defend Mission: Expanding the variety of missions available at Underground Facilities.
:SCN1: Comm Array Mission Improvements: Mission improvements and totally new missions at Comm Arrays.
:SCN1: Physical QT Movement: Added back after previously removed.
:SCN2: MISC Hull B: Temporarily removed due to more resources allocated to the Hull A.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Rounding up the roadmap gets my thumbs up, but I don't understand how it got so square to begin with.

Hmm, "allowing players to buy cargo and send it to their hangars, then maximize their cargo storage space by allowing them to pack the goods themselves."
That's pretty interesting tbh. There will probably be some ships that you can kinda just put way more cargo in than what the AI would. Now I get that cargo plates and whatnot will only support a certain amount etc, but as long as you're not planning on dogfighting, you can probably fill a few corridors on some ships. Maybe buy some armored cargo boxes to be safe.

Reactions: Lorddarthvik

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Rounding up the roadmap gets my thumbs up, but I don't understand how it got so square to begin with.

Hmm, "allowing players to buy cargo and send it to their hangars, then maximize their cargo storage space by allowing them to pack the goods themselves."
That's pretty interesting tbh. There will probably be some ships that you can kinda just put way more cargo in than what the AI would. Now I get that cargo plates and whatnot will only support a certain amount etc, but as long as you're not planning on dogfighting, you can probably fill a few corridors on some ships. Maybe buy some armored cargo boxes to be safe.
I think the ability to store purchesed trading good will came more in handy for refined material: if CIG will allow you to store your refined material in a personal space (hint hint cargo dacks hint hint) you'll be able to better plan your selling routes concentrating the selling on a singe or few materials.
Especially in preparation of future events and dinamics economy system where price will vary possibile a lot from place to place, being able to agile distribute your valuable will be very much welcome.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I think there's a misunderstanding here. The maximized storage created by individual handling is in the hangar. There's no mention of this for ships.

The point is you'll have your own personal storage facility that you can pack crazy full by hand if you like. This should especially effect miners and traders who want to buy low and sell high.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I think there's a misunderstanding here. The maximized storage created by individual handling is in the hangar. There's no mention of this for ships.
The only mention of it is for the ships though:
This will bring changes to the Cargo gameplay loop by allowing players to buy cargo and send it to their hangars, then maximize their cargo storage space by allowing them to pack the goods themselves.
The words used are cargo and packing, as opposed to just storage and storing. If it was a mistake and they meant that you play Tetris with the goods against your hangar wall, well, then that's a mistake they repeated twice, and in two different ways no less. Idk, doesn't seem like a mistake to me.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Yeah, a lexical ambiguity through critical reference failure. No way to know for sure, but the subject was "hangar" so that's my guess. I doubt you'll be able to store more SCU on a ship than it's rated for and still have it held down. Hangars don't need hold downs, so creative stacking will make a difference. The fact its come up makes me think we'll see tractor beams working in 3.17.

Last edited:

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
i saw Q4 of this year they will finally have salvage also so in Q3 redeemer finally comes out. guess i'll finally be playing a bit in decemberish

Reactions: Shadow Reaper

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
i saw Q4 of this year they will finally have salvage also so in Q3 redeemer finally comes out. guess i'll finally be playing a bit in decemberish
I was excited for the Redeemer until I saw it's slated for Large components, which means it is not stealthable. Honestly, it must be amazingly fast or something to be the size it is with Large components.

I also think it's brainless to take six seats out and say it's not a dropship, then put four back in and have half the space in the room wasted. The poor Redeemer has been subject to suck lack of loves. Makes me feel sorry that CIG apparently hates it so much they can't after all this time just deliver what they sold to players years ago.

Reactions: Sirus7264

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
I was excited for the Redeemer until I saw it's slated for Large components, which means it is not stealthable. Honestly, it must be amazingly fast or something to be the size it is with Large components.
John Crew's descriptions on the forums and in a Calling-All-Devs episode implies that the requirements to support the Redeemer's gunship role pushed it from medium to large.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/65292/thread/redeeming-redeemer-layout/4021333

Last edited:

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza

I also think it's brainless to take six seats out and say it's not a dropship, then put four back in and have half the space in the room wasted. The poor Redeemer has been subject to suck lack of loves. Makes me feel sorry that CIG apparently hates it so much they can't after all this time just deliver what they sold to players years ago.
It's not the only ship that falls into this bucket. There are a number of earlier ships that had a far more general ability to them when the game was going to be far smaller in multiplayer scope. Now that it's very much an MMO the ship's roles need to be far more specific with pros and cons and well the Redeemer is a victim of its own ambitions. And so they have been attempting to pick an area for it to excel in while reducing if not just outright eliminating other roles for the ship that would make it fit better in the world while also not pissing off too many backers who want that golden ship of all things. As it stands it currently looks like a surprisingly powerful gunship that has some cargo space and jump seats for a small tactical squad so would be a great ship for mercenary or spec ops work.

Reactions: Sirus7264

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264

I just want it to be something i can use with 1-2 people and have big guns(preferably energy type). ive been counting on the redeemer to be my goto solo/duo fighter ship most of my other ships are big. If it doesnt pan out the way i want it then i have a few other ships which i have picked for my backups.

Reactions: Shadow Reaper

bedoinitusa

Space Marshal
Dec 8, 2017
RSI Handle
GloomyGun
I just want it to be something i can use with 1-2 people and have big guns(preferably energy type). ive been counting on the redeemer to be my goto solo/duo fighter ship most of my other ships are big. If it doesnt pan out the way i want it then i have a few other ships which i have picked for my backups.
I thought the Arora MR was the goto ship? ;D

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale

i think it is more likely that you will be able to determine what goes where on your ship. For example, which cargo goes in the smuggling compartment on the MSR. Or load both sides of the Avenger Titan before the middle, so you can still get through the cargo bay. Or load the Titan from the front to the back, so you can still run courier missions when you have a partial load. or load a Herc in the middle so you can still load vehicles front and back.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I hate to say it, but if the current combat changes hold, it is a true 5 person ship. Putting a turret in the pilot's hands seriously gimps the pilot's capacitors and eliminates the turret's extra capicators. Or you can run around with some zero ammo ballistics.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I hate to say it, but if the current combat changes hold, it is a true 5 person ship. Putting a turret in the pilot's hands seriously gimps the pilot's capacitors and eliminates the turret's extra capicators. Or you can run around with some zero ammo ballistics.
i figured this was the case i have to many multicrew ships and i need 1 solo/duo ship to do solo play with and i'm really really bad at combat so i need a ship that is 1 shot 1 kill type of ship so that if i miss a million times the 1 time i do hit its an instant kill.

Forgot your password?