RSI Galaxy

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
View: https://youtu.be/0CD8oRvajgA

"Modules will include weaponry, refueling, medical, transport and will extend in the future. . . "

Crew of 6, size 3 shield, 3S5 turrets, 2S4 missiles, bike hanger, 512 SCU. Described as an industrial Perseus, around Carrack Size.

Looks to me to be the first ship to give the Carrack serious competition outside the exploration role.

Attachments

RoosterRage

Captain
Donor
Jul 16, 2022
RSI Handle
RoosterRage
So, it appears 2 twin S5 guns on the sides with twin S5 coverage and a third chin mount, all of which have good angles forward. First 6S5 forward gunship. I cannot see why this should have a larger crew than the Perseus.
Perseus 2 turrets and a pilot, this has three turrets and a pilot and with its size I would think an engineer will be needed but we will have to wait and see what ship stations it has.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I have to wonder what this thing would be like in close ground support, hovering over the battlefield with 6 Slayer cannons doing over 100k damage with each strike. The turrets would be able to take out 3 Novas each shot. If the module allows for Tonk transport, this may be the ultimate hot zone dropship.

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
I have to wonder what this thing would be like in close ground support, hovering over the battlefield with 6 Slayer cannons doing over 100k damage with each strike.
What a scary thought. Though I have to wonder what kind of weapon I have to equip into those 6 S5 mounts to get a 100K Alpha. Probably them shoulder mounted Railguns.
Got to say though, from the few infos we have, that ship should be in the same class as a Crusader M2. And as with Crusader, I fear at the end of the day what we'll get won't be modules but variants.
Because, why sell one ship if you can sell 3, right?
But just in case that they do modules.
AND if one of these modules happened to be a size10 Railgun or the like...
THEN I'm gonna milk my wallet for what it's worth to get one.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
So, it appears 2 twin S5 guns on the sides with twin S5 coverage and a third chin mount, all of which have good angles forward. First 6S5 forward gunship. I cannot see why this should have a larger crew than the Perseus.
That view though. They really doubled down on the struts, hahaha.

Also, my plans for "just a Kraken" may now be plans for a Cutter, Corsair, and Galaxy. Dammmmmmn you CIG!

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
The funny thing about leaks is that nobody knows nothing for sure.
According to the data collected by spaceloop.it that ship has 3 size 5 turrets.
That would translate into 6 size 4 guns.
And that makes a whole lot more sense for an industrial ship with a single size 3 shield and less than a handfull of missiles.
That ship is no destroyer for sure. Though who knows how the "weapons module" changes things. Maybe it comes with a backup shield generator and a set of armed sattelites. We're talking R-Type style fighting man. :glorious:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Though I have to wonder what kind of weapon I have to equip into those 6 S5 mounts to get a 100K Alpha.
The Slayer cannon on the Tonk has an alpha strike of 18,500, but recall it only fires once every five seconds, has a slower than normal projectile speed and much shorter range than other S5 weapons.

And yes, one of the releases says S5 turrets, but the ship is clearly wearing S5 guns in both the release pics, so my guess is S5 weapons. 6S5 weapons would be appreciably less DPS than the 4S7 weapons on the Perseus, but the Perseus cannot aim both turrets downward for close air support. IIRC, the Polaris has a limited but downward fire arc on about half of its S5 turrets and an almost unlimited downward arc on its S6 chin mount. The best choice though seems the Idris, since it has not 2S3 but 2S4 shields. I don't think players understand yet what this means to the battlefield. In all the VHRT bounties players shoot up Idris with AI turret gunners or no gunners at all. They don't really get the feel for what is going to happen when that whip is filled with players.

Last edited:

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
but the ship is clearly wearing S5 guns in both the release pics
Man, you got to have way better sense of scale than me. I honestly couln't have told that I'm looking at the same ship if it hadn't been labeled the same. If you look at the size of the guy on the ground in the b/w picture and then on the gun you'd belive anything up to size6 I guess. While the colored design lacks any scale reference in the first place.
Oh well, gotta have to wait for next week when they slap us with the brochure.
Apart from that... they got an Idris now on the VHRT bounties? Hot damn, I'm back to packet running I guess. Not gonna tango with an Idris for a measly 17K... 😱
PS: I tangoed once with a Hammerhead full of players though. Ended pretty much like my first time... In a matter of seconds... The embarassment... 😳

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
Aww CIG, stealing designs from Elite finally! I wondered when they'd work their way there; that's clearly an Anaconda if I ever saw one, and yeah, I've seen several!
1668116056365.png

Also of interest:
So, it appears 2 twin S5 guns on the sides with twin S5 coverage and a third chin mount
Isn't that not much more total firepower, and in fact since none are pilot controlled, less firepower per crew member, than what the Redeemer packs?

Forgot your password?