RSI Galaxy

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
My bad. The Idris is in the 9-Tails events. Technically not a bounty mission. Point is most often it is not shooting back, and to my knowledge we’ve never seen its guns manned by players. I think people will be surprised to find how effective the Idris turrets are when properly manned.

Em, well I think this is slightly more firepower than the Redeemer, but it is in a package so large it will be hard to miss. Even given more armor than the Redeemer, this is probably not quite as battle worthy. It depends upon you enemy of course. Fighters don’t miss the Redeemer all that often either. I’m not sure if the Redeemer can evade S9 torps but I doubt this would be able to.

Last edited:

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Well, I'm not going to make any decisions on this until I see what it really is. But I have an M2 and C2 both of which have 2 size 5 Deadbolts as the front turrets. Remove the gimbles so you can do that in the Hercs, but the trick is to fly at full ab or whatever they call it now in decoupled mode so you can turn around to face your opponent. Normally, you only need to hit once. If you're in a position where finding an opponent that can survive that and then kill you means you shouldn't be in a 1 ship fleet. Chances are an Idris or Polaris or larger capital ship isn't going to be the only ship you have to deal with, so why not even the odds?

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Well, I'm not going to make any decisions on this until I see what it really is. But I have an M2 and C2 both of which have 2 size 5 Deadbolts as the front turrets.
* fit's 3 x deadbolt 5 onto 600i marvels at the pretty explosions and fireworks whilst quaffing bolinger *

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
If you're in a position where finding an opponent that can survive that and then kill you means you shouldn't be in a 1 ship fleet.
Precisely correct.

CIG has been relentless in designing so that every ship has an Achilles heal. Virtually every ship has a weakness. It's no surprise this ship has one or more too.

If you want a ship with no significant weaknesses, you need to go up to the Idris. It was designed around the damage control found in the Iowa class battleships of WWII. Ships designed to take hits are very different from the glass cannons of the Vanduul. The Idris is designed to take pounding after pounding, and manage despite.

I don't think players have caught onto CIG's design philosophy here yet. They intend for players to sign onto Idris crew, and survive despite the Vanduul have more and bigger guns. It's an exciting play that should demonstrate huge drama in battle.

Think on playing an Idris turret gunner. CIG designed these to provide maximum player satisfaction.

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
My bad. The Idris is in the 9-Tails events. Technically not a bounty mission.
That's great news. I was kinda getting bored of delivering packets. Though on the bright side, I found my second Vanduul Mask yesterday thanks to that. Didn't know you can still find them. Do you need one? I can only bind one to the account anyhow.
Guess I'm going back to bounty hunting then. Mr. Eckart said he had a nice gig for me. Something about an Arlington gang I think. Oh well, as long as they got no capital class ships I'll be fine. ✌
Jokes aside though, I can agree that any ship with a motivated and at least remotely capble crew means a lot more business than the same kind of ship without one.
Having said that I do sometimes even die to AI Turrets, especially around hostile Hammerheads. Ain't easy taking them down in an Aurora. But at least the repairs are cheap.
Point is, multi-crew ship can and should beat single-seat fighters.
And also I feel the urgent need to buy an Eclipse.
In case an Idris DOES show up.

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
I'm a big fan of the Perseus (compact yet bad ass).

So I'm waiting to see what the real differentiator is for the Galaxy.

What's going to make the Galaxy compelling for its price ($500?) while having a Perseus in the hangar already?

Last edited:

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
What's going to make the Galaxy compelling for its price ($500?) while having a Perseus in the hangar already.
Nothing. It's a question of what floats your boat. I didn't buy a Perseus myself, because it doesn't have enough cargo capability to earn it's keep. That doesn't mean I won't enjoy helping someone who does own one. But depending on what the Galaxy has inside, might seriously consider it - but at the moment I'm not even thinking about it until I read it's specs. I'm unlikely to buy a ship that's got an unannounced release date too. Learned my lesson with over half of my ships awaiting delivery that might take years.

Gucci

Space Marshal
Nov 17, 2015
RSI Handle
Ras-al-Ghul
I'm torn, I realllly like the looks and the proposed modularity, but there are a couple things I'm having trouble getting over, maybe you all can help steer me (and my wallet) on the right path???!

- It mentions it has a bike hangar/bay, will it not fit a ROC/ground vehicle?
- If I have a BMM and Odyssey already...is that too much redundancy/overlap? lol

Last edited:

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Guys don't be suckers - "propsed modularity" is the biggest ship sales tactic CIG use and yet where is this modularity? All the ships that have been out for a long time, Vanguard, Retaliator, 600i, etc, etc, etc? No modularity. John appears to hate modularity and does everything he can to quash it so please don't buy ships based on proposed modularity because modularity is in direct conflict to CIG's need to sell more and more ship variants (in the hope that punters will end up buying all of them anyway) just look at the Crusader Spirit for proof that modularity is dead.

Anyway I like big guns in a compact frame, so Perseus will never be melted or CCU'd :D

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Anyway I like big guns in a compact frame,
We all do. Then we buy ships like the Ares. Then CIG gets creative in "evening the odds" (of hitting the broadside of a barn). Oh well, the Perseus can simply ram the opponent if all else fails. 😸
By the way my shaman says your spirit guide simply has to be a racoon.
82188-fur-rocket-nebula-character-fictional-starlord-raccoon.png

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
My advice is, unless you have something burning a hole in your wallet, don't make up your mind about this ship until you can at least see it's stats in writing from CIG.

Watch this.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEbs2DIAuHw
I do like what has been "leaked" about the ship, and had been considering getting one, but not knowing the price is my main issue...

At present there are 3 Spirits and the STV available (at least for a couple of days), then there will be (probably) the Drake Cutter(s), Drake Corsair, Anvil C8R Medical, and the Discovery (plus CCU's and potentially other ships) at IAE later in the week. Considering the most that is offered with new release ships now is a skin (no armor, model, poster, etc.), I'm thinking a "last mile" CCU and an LTI token is probably a better option, rather than buying in at concept for it...

I guess I'll probably just pick up a couple of STV LTI tokens now, then grab LTI Cutters and C8Rs, plus WB CCU's during IAE, and ignore the Galaxy - This is in addition to the daily cycling of credits through a number of interesting ships to get them into buyback 24 hours later with 10 years insurance (or secure a couple of hull-limited ships if I can win the two F5 wars I'm interested in).

RoosterRage

Captain
Donor
Jul 16, 2022
RSI Handle
RoosterRage
Forgot your password?