RSI Mantis reveal

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
It has a very specific purpose.

For a group of players doing a bounty hunt or pirating, this ship is essential and will be used daily.
Very true, but as much as this ship is used to aid in piracy in the Verse, it can also be used in the elimination of piracy as well.

Case in point, have 1 of these with its device charged go along with a fleet of fighters as well as a Cat loaded with Nox bikes & their riders. If they get accidentally get snared by pirates, then the Mantis with the convoy activates its device that keeps the pirates from being able to flee while the fighters & bikes slaughter them.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
If it's $200, I may open my wallet. If it's $300 and above.... a hard nope.
Have to fight the urge for more spaceship
Ha ha ..... okay if you say so :P ha ha ha

CHEERS! 🍻 ;) I know I'll get it for sure :P

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
The newsweek article definitely highlights that this ship will need support to make it really work well, I do like that they're actually adding the gameplay features to go with it's launch - it's a refreshing change! Agreed with @DirectorGunner though that price is going to be a big factor in a purchase.
I like that this was published on a major news site & it wasn't a smeer job like that from Forbes. I believe that having this sort of article put out there will help spread the word of SC in a positive light.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Looks like it might fit in the Polaris bay. . .hmm.
I like this idea a lot. Just need to add another ship with EMP. Then you can come on the comm's and say. Yep you know the drill in fact we are the jolly pirates and will make sure you have enough cash left over to buy some of @NaffNaffBobFace TP to clean yourself up.

littlej0e

Grand Admiral
Donor
May 3, 2019
RSI Handle
littlej0e
Behold! The RSI Griefer!!!

Well, boys...I guess things are going to suck for a bit until CIG figures out how to balance the interdiction mechanic (or temporarily removes it all together). Unfortunately, 90% of the complementary gameplay mechanics to make interdiction viable aren't in the game yet (pvp bounty hunting, tractor beams , cargo dumping, etc., etc.), so the only real use for this ship at the moment is griefing the shit out of people.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I like the look of it - from the top slightly off angle it looks very federation starship with the nacells!

Doubt I'll be buying it as I seem, to have a penchant for the older ships (that were all under $300).

I doubt this one will be much less than $300, sadly.

littlej0e

Grand Admiral
Donor
May 3, 2019
RSI Handle
littlej0e
I don't like it, the mechanic itself. i see this more as a griefing tool used in the verse.
I agree 100%. At this point, it makes little-to-no sense. The interdiction mechanic depends on a ton of other mechanics to be viable (90% of which aren't in game yet). Until complementary mechanics are implemented, the only use case I see is griefing the hell out of other players. Regardless of how they tweak the Crime and Punishment system...

Furthermore, why the hell was this released in an RSI ship? This mechanic has Drake written all over it for piracy and possibly a few others for bounty hunting.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I find it very interesting, the "Quantum Entanglement" field is only 10 to 20 KM, that's really nothing in the terms of space that's a very tiny net. Unless CI is really going to force us into "space lanes" that would very easy to avoid.
one thing you have to remember with this is if you have a big fleet you line these puppies up on a standard popular path spaced 20km apart upward and downward in a quantum link and your net with just 10 went from 20km to 200km. in org events this could prove to be a huge deal forcing ransom on players who want to go from one place to another. I love this idea and i think it is going to be a huge addition to the verse.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I don't like it, the mechanic itself. i see this more as a griefing tool used in the verse.
I agree 100%. At this point, it makes little-to-no sense. The interdiction mechanic depends on a ton of other mechanics to be viable (90% of which aren't in game yet). Until complementary mechanics are implemented, the only use case I see is griefing the hell out of other players. Regardless of how they tweak the Crime and Punishment system...

Furthermore, why the hell was this released in an RSI ship? This mechanic has Drake written all over it for piracy and possibly a few others for bounty hunting.
One thing you both need to remember is this ship has very small weapons so almost any ship can most likely take it out in a matter of minutes. Not to mention they will always be half health until they turn their device off which who knows how long that will take to do. So yeah you might get stopped at point X just kill them and move on.

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
One thing you both need to remember is this ship has very small weapons so almost any ship can most likely take it out in a matter of minutes. Not to mention they will always be half health until they turn their device off which who knows how long that will take to do. So yeah you might get stopped at point X just kill them and move on.
last time i played seriously in the verse if you fired on someone you got a crime stat. so lets say your flying along, and pulled out of quantum. the moment you fire on the ship pulling you out are you automatically getting a crime stat? what about 3 players working together on you, one pulls you out and 2 fighters start attacking you as soon as you exit quantum. not much of a chance while your getting your bearings to defend yourself. till better pvp mechanics come in, this is nothing but a griefing nightmare.

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Im beginning to wonder if the development team played a lot of Elite Dangerous :wut: . However with that said I have not seen the scale of nose miner like ganking in this game as I did over there.:o7: It might be the drunken mindless rants of my fellow Testies that influence me but Im far happier here and will blindly follow,...and I mean drunken blindness like follow you weird and intoxicated mutants where ever this new and by no means copied or mimicked mechanic takes us. Hail the Aurora!

littlej0e

Grand Admiral
Donor
May 3, 2019
RSI Handle
littlej0e
one thing you have to remember with this is if you have a big fleet you line these puppies up on a standard popular path spaced 20km apart upward and downward in a quantum link and your net with just 10 went from 20km to 200km. in org events this could prove to be a huge deal forcing ransom on players who want to go from one place to another. I love this idea and i think it is going to be a huge addition to the verse.
I totally agree. No question it's an amazing mechanic long-term. I'm worried about the gameplay from now until your vision finally becomes a reality. Until then, I don't see a scenario where the mantis doesn't end up being a grief machine.

Forgot your password?