RSI Odin

Mastersan

Space Marshal
Aug 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Mastersan
Looks like a more lightly armored (RSI style) and faster than Hammerhead or Idris, but with bigger guns than the Hammerhead. Maybe, while Hammerhead is more an anti-fighter ship, Odin is more anti-large ship. Unlikely it will be able to easily take down a Javelin, but it should be able to challenge the Hammerhead with bigger guns and more range while using better maneuverability, for if Hammerhead gets close, Odin's lighter armor may not protect well even against Hammerhead guns.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
If "RSI Gunship" is correct, the guns hidden under the armor are like the HH, not big cap ship weapons. It doesn't make sense for RSI to build a ship to compete with the Polaris. So I'm guessing this is designed to punch below its size rather than above.

Since I hate the HH, I'll be interested to see what comes of this.

I can't imagine why the armor plates. in any combat situation you have to move them away so what is the point? I hope there's something extra cool here, but I'm not seeing it.

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Cool name! The looks are pretty good, blending RSI features we've seen before. As for the comparison to the Polaris, I guess I see that ship as more of a torpedo boat that prefers to fight from range. If the Odin really has 'broadside cannons' like the video said, its a different beast. Sounds like it would be built for more for close quarters fighting. Those armor plates might come in handy!

Last edited:

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Looks good.

Seems like CIG is doing the whole rock, paper, scissors approach to ships.

Hammerhead > Fighters/Light Bombers/Bombers
Light/Bombers > Polaris/Odin with Bombers being a threat to larger capitals
Polaris/Odin > Hammerhead and in large numbers....Large Capitals
Large Capitals > Polaris/Odin/Hammerhead/etc.

How's my logic there?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
D...Does it punch above its weight class?
Or do you mean, does its crew drink above its weight class?

Please God @Montoya give me a ship sale to "save me" from spending on the steam summer sale.
A few days too late for me there. I purchased Conan Exiles from a Fanatical sale for Steam for just a few bucks. Only to find that Conan Exiles will be free on the Epic Games store for a few days starting on July 2. Just a heads up in advance for those interested.

Ahh... the old 'save me' cry... If you spend all your money on nice cold beer, you won't have enough to buy steam games! Logic. :drunk:
This is very true, but then you can't spend as much helping back CIG as much to slowly move your way towards a free shiny F-8 or Executive 600i.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
This is very true... I think I would have to sell my house to get those. This is a tempting proposition! I'm sure the girlfriend would love to live in a van with me haha
In the 60's & 70's, they used the expression, "If the vans a rockin, don't come a knockin." Currently, some of us are too old & if the van is rocking, our suspension has gone out ... again.

Forgot your password?