RSI plegde shop question - store credit and buyback?

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Hello,

Got a question about RSI shop and pledge since its about to be my first time i buy with store credits and i dont want to make mistake.

If i buy a Prowler with store credit (528$ store credit in the french shop), and let's say i want to merge it after some weeks to get something else. If i change my mind in some month and want to buy it back for me or to sell it, can i buy it back with real money instead of store credit? If i want to sell it will it be giftable or is it account bound forever?

o/

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Second question :
I have a hammerhead lti warbond ship that i bought from grey market earlier this year.
I am going to purchase a polaris lti from someone, and to my knowledge you receive the hammerhead as a loaner ship.

So i was thinking of melting the first hammerhead to get store credits for other ships, since i will still have a loaner hammerhead.
But i am wondering the following :
- can i buy back the hammerhead at the price it was melted (here 476.67$) to have both a hammerhead and a polaris when the polaris will be finally ingame?
I suspect this ship was bought by previous owner with a promotion since it does not reflect the original ship price listed in wiki, will i be able to buy it back at that price?
- can i buy it back with real money and not store credit (assuming i wont have anymore store credit)?

On all my items (ships and vehicle) that i bought myself or from grey market i see the following when i hit the "exchange" button in hangar :
"WARNING!
SOME LIMITED AVAILABILITY ITEMS INCLUDED OR CONTAINED WITHIN THE EXCHANGED PLEDGE ARE PERMANENTLY RELINQUISHED.

"
What does it mean? I wont be able to buy back any of my current items i will melt?

In the official Pledge Buyback Tool guide (https://support.robertsspaceindustries.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013195207) I do not see such warning.

I'd like to make sure i dont do any mistake since i want to keep all ship i have currently, my plan is to store some in buyback for later repurchase so i can get new ships with store credit in the meantime. I got some explanations already but honestly i am still very confused by the system.

makute

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
VishMainha
If i buy a Prowler with store credit (528$ store credit in the french shop), and let's say i want to merge it after some weeks to get something else. If i change my mind in some month and want to buy it back for me or to sell it, can i buy it back with real money instead of store credit? If i want to sell it will it be giftable or is it account bound forever?
Yes, you can buy back anything in your Buy Back Pledge tab at any time with real cash, and it will remain giftable. If you want to use credits, you'll need an available Buy Back Token, and wont be giftable.

- can i buy back the hammerhead at the price it was melted (here 476.67$) to have both a hammerhead and a polaris when the polaris will be finally ingame?
Again, yes. Your melted Hammerhead will be available as a buy back for its original price (minus taxes).

I suspect this ship was bought by previous owner with a promotion since it does not reflect the original ship price listed in wiki, will i be able to buy it back at that price?
Discount coupons modify the price of any ship/package purchased, and will keep that price even if gifted away.

- can i buy it back with real money and not store credit (assuming i wont have anymore store credit)?
See first question. BTW, be aware that even if you can combine credits and cash at any purchase, the giftability of said item is an "all or nothing" point. If you want something to be giftable after buying it back, you need to use real money for its full price. Even one cent of store credit used will make it acount bounded.

On all my items (ships and vehicle) that i bought myself or from grey market i see the following when i hit the "exchange" button in hangar :
"WARNING!
SOME LIMITED AVAILABILITY ITEMS INCLUDED OR CONTAINED WITHIN THE EXCHANGED PLEDGE ARE PERMANENTLY RELINQUISHED.
"
What does it mean? I wont be able to buy back any of my current items i will melt?
Some items can not be bought back: physical items, promotional packages (I.e. AMD Mustang packages), and the discounted Aurora/Mustang game packages from the CitizenCon sales. Maybe other items too, but you should ask Custom Service or Concierge via ticket to be 100% sure in a per case basis.

I got some explanations already but honestly i am still very confused by the system.
Yeah, you're absolutely right. Turbulent did a mediocre work with the RSI webpage, at best, and some CIG procedures are very counter-intuitive and not exactly user friendly.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Wow @makute thanks for the great explanation :o7:, especially this one :

See first question. BTW, be aware that even if you can combine credits and cash at any purchase, the giftability of said item is an "all or nothing" point. If you want something to be giftable after buying it back, you need to use real money for its full price. Even one cent of store credit used will make it acount bounded.
Some items can not be bought back: physical items, promotional packages (I.e. AMD Mustang packages), and the discounted Aurora/Mustang game packages from the CitizenCon sales. Maybe other items too, but you should ask Custom Service or Concierge via ticket to be 100% sure in a per case basis.
I guess i'll make a ticket to ask them what items i can buyback safely, since all items in my hangar have that warning message i mention in my second post. Like the 12 warbond lti emerald archimedes, emerald warbond ursa or the ccu carrack w/pices exploration (this is just an upgrade, not a ship with a ccu) and so on, they all show this message, same as the item i bought from grey market and from players here, even the merchantman i bought from you @makute. And like you said i thought only special items, limited items, packages and package with physical stuff could not be bought back.

edit : clarified above

Last edited:

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Makute has answered perrrfect as he has bazillions of experience with buying selling ships as he had a ship sales store!!

But yeh - I did what you did, bought a Prowler out of store credits. Melted my hammerhead as I never use it.

THE ONLY THING TO NOTE as you are in France. If you buy back a ship with real money, the exchange rate and VAT rate can make a difference to the ship cost. But if you buy it back with store credits it will always be the same original price. E.g. I sold some bigger ships a log time ago to fiddle around buying lots of small ships to try out, good idea right? I got stung as the exchange rate vs the dollar changed significantly during my play around time and I went to buy the ships back eventually and they actually cost more in GBP due to the bad exchange rate vs usa!

Other than that, Have fun!!!

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Makute has answered perrrfect as he has bazillions of experience with buying selling ships as he had a ship sales store!!

But yeh - I did what you did, bought a Prowler out of store credits. Melted my hammerhead as I never use it.

Have fun!!!
Thanks for the confirmation @BUTUZ !

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
THE ONLY THING TO NOTE as you are in France. If you buy back a ship with real money, the exchange rate and VAT rate can make a difference to the ship cost. But if you buy it back with store credits it will always be the same original price. E.g. I sold some bigger ships a log time ago to fiddle around buying lots of small ships to try out, good idea right? I got stung as the exchange rate vs the dollar changed significantly during my play around time and I went to buy the ships back eventually and they actually cost more in GBP due to the bad exchange rate vs usa!

Other than that, Have fun!!!
Thats what i thought yes :s I will probably have to pay VAT again using real cash buy back, so its like paying VAT twice : the first time i buy it before melting (even if i buy with store credit, 20% VAT is applied on store credit purchase in France which sucks), and probably VAT again when i repurchase it with real cash.

Hopefully the shop in France offer the possibility to switch currency between euro/dollars, so i can pay directly in dollars (but still with 20% VAT) and in general euro/usd exchange rate is in euro favor. But i'm not sure it will make a difference since the price is based in dollar and then adjusted in euro?

Anyway with VAT its a big loss in the end i know, but that's the only way i can raise my level to concierge and beyond, i have to cope with VAT unfortunately...

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Keep in mind that if you melt any ships that have been upgraded, IE, you have a Redeemer that was upgraded from a Dragonfly, you will loose all the CCUs, and only be able to buy back the by Dragonfly.

Otherwise, the wise @makute had given you all you need. The man has a wealth of experience. Use him. He likes to be used.

Wait, that sounded really dirty....

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Keep in mind that if you melt any ships that have been upgraded, IE, you have a Redeemer that was upgraded from a Dragonfly, you will loose all the CCUs, and only be able to buy back the by Dragonfly.
Yep thank you @Blind Owl i'm aware of that, but a good reminder does not harm :)

"WARNING!

"

In the official Pledge Buyback Tool guide (https://support.robertsspaceindustries.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013195207) I do not see such warning.
Those are exemples about this message i'm talking about. But from all the messages above i understand i can buy back them without issue?

A ship i purchased myself :
exemple1.jpg

A ship i purchased from a player and that i want to melt:
exemple2.jpg

The ship i purchased from you @makute, its like the others with the warning :
exemple3.jpg

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Yep thank you @Blind Owl i'm aware of that, but a good reminder does not harm :)
Awesome!
Those are exemples about this message i'm talking about. But from all the messages above i understand i can buy back them without issue?

A ship i purchased myself :
exemple1.jpg

exemple2.jpg

The ship i purchased from you @makute, its like the others with the warning :
exemple3.jpg
You get that warning for any ship/package you want to melt. I've never had an issue buying back anything.CAVEAT: that doesn't mean there aren't things you won't be able to unmelt (as @makute said). However, all your standalone ships you have listed should be good to go.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Awesome!

You get that warning for any ship/package you want to melt. I've never had an issue buying back anything.CAVEAT: that doesn't mean there aren't things you won't be able to unmelt (as @makute said). However, all your standalone ships you have listed should be good to go.
Sweet, thanks for the info @Blind Owl !

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
The item you can not buyback after melting is no longer sold and as said they where special promotional ships/packs or add-ons sold during early backer times back in the days.
The warning is there to remind old backers that might have purchase one of this rare ship/pack/add-on etc...

Anything you see in web store today ships/packs/add-ons or subscriber item, you can buy, melt and buyback at your heart content as much as you want.
And you can melt and buy as much as you want with credits then melt and buy again, tho as said adding credits and item can not be gifted that only works when buyback with real cash.

As said buyback with credits you need buyback tokken and you can only buyback one item with credits and only one buyback tokken each quarter/year 4 time a year.
(buyback tokken do not stack as in you can not save a tokken then next quarter have two the old get removed and you get a new.)

Buyback with real cash you can do anytime the buyback price is what you bought it for plus your VAT tax added, regardless if it have gone up in price in the web store.

Buyback ship/packs/add-ons and subscriber items, stay in price in your buyback for what you bought it for.
The exception is melted CCU they change price dependent on what ship is in the CCU and how much it cost in web store at buyback time.

A CCU can get get grey out and stop working both in your account hangar and buyback once when ship in CCU from ship price have been raised higher then to ship.
As you can not downgrade a ship then you need to melt and buy new with credits or cash.

CHEERS! 🍻

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
The exception is melted CCU they change price dependent on what ship is in the CCU and how much it cost in web store at buyback time.

A CCU can get get grey out and stop working both in your account hangar and buyback once when ship in CCU from ship price have been raised higher then to ship.
As you can not downgrade a ship then you need to melt and buy new with credits or cash.

CHEERS! 🍻
Quoting those because yes i've read about that too and its something worth remembering.
I am not planning to melt the CCU i am going to use for myself because of that risk.

But i have an idea to open a CCU shop at cost so i can also upgrade to concierge and beyond, one of the reasons i was asking about melting warbond ship. Need some starting store credit money for that purpose :)

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Quoting those because yes i've read about that too and its something worth remembering.
I am not planning to melt the CCU i am going to use for myself because of that risk.

But i have an idea to open a CCU shop at cost so i can also upgrade to concierge and beyond, one of the reasons i was asking about melting warbond ship. Need some starting store credit money for that purpose :)
Yeah that's how I got past concierge and yeah I gone way past that now ha ha...
Buy when I can warbond or just any ship, upgrade or temporarily upgrade a pack/ship then melt the ship/ pack.
Sell from buyback I do, but it is rare thing to happen...ha ha

And when ever I need or I have enough credits to buy a better pack then upgrade that focusing on ships and packs that have ships I can use now.
Simply adding credits to useful ships and packs and slowly adding packs that I really want and upgrade ships inside those.

Then when I have one pack that I want and what ever upgrades done to it is done and I don't touch it, I start on a new ship/pack.
This way I gone from one Aurora pack with SQ42 to Space marshal with 4 large packs and 22 ships at the moment ha ha...
Where one or two packs can be melted if I need credits and two packs are done and wont be changed.

It is a great way to upgrade your fleet that don't kill your wallet, put in a bit a cash every now and then as you can afford it don't use money you can't throw away.
I look at it like this, it's a hobby and hobby cost money simple as that.

If I didn't put the amount of cash in as I have and just stuck with some basic ships, I am 100% sure I would burned that cash on something else.
Most likely on something else and most likely something I can't enjoy at same level as I do playing SC, it's a personal choice and should not be dictated by others.
Simply use cash you can live without, do what feels good for you and make you happy.

CHEERS! 🍻

Edit:How did I get the extra money to SC that I can live without, I simply took money I was already burning up on shit.
Stopped going to pubs/bars/clubs every weekend and waste cash, now I only go to the pub/bar for special occasions which also make it a lot more fun.
Stopped smoking and vape instead witch is far less expensive, so instead of literally burning cash.
I put that smoke cash in SC and have a ball of fun and I am much healthier and sleep great now, no more coughing and food taste great again.

And there are many other way to do it, it's a matter of priority and it's your choice what do you really want.

🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
When I read the initial post here, I was going to chime in with what I know, but everybody that posted before me already did incredible job, so now I'm just gifting each post with a like before moving on. Odds are I'll also return here while it's active & give out more likes until it vanishes until it's necro'd back into the "Like" stream again. Cheers!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
When I read the initial post here, I was going to chime in with what I know, but everybody that posted before me already did incredible job, so now I'm just gifting each post with a like before moving on. Odds are I'll also return here while it's active & give out more likes until it vanishes until it's necro'd back into the "Like" stream again. Cheers!
Awwwwwww, we like you too, @Talonsbane.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
View attachment 15746
Discount coupons modify the price of any ship/package purchased, and will keep that price even if gifted away.
Seems that is not the case anymore, i melted it tonight for the Fleet Week to get some new toys and now the buyback price is at 550 USD.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane
Forgot your password?