RSI Profile links

Should TEST profiles link to RSI profiles?

• Yes, cause I like to PewPew with TEST

Votes: 25 78.1%
  • No, you're lazy and drunk

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • I do what I wunt.

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters

Space Monkey

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
FlyingSpaceMonkey
HIyo,

So after many an Arena Commander match, I noticed that I kept adding a few people here and there to my RSI profile. This process added quite a few minutes where one person was fumbling around trying to add the people trying to play together to their page so a match could be started. Since the instance process includes in part who is in your contact list at RSI, I would like to maximize the chance that I will be in one with TEST members.

I was interested to see if we could have a button on our TEST profile (for those who want to) that helps connect us to our RSI profile so we can add each other at our leisure.

This seems like it would be minimal work to the forum and go a long way to help us organize and play together with what's available now in Arena Commander. It could also help for people trying to organize community events since we seem to be getting closer to a multicrew demo.

thoughts and [CONCERNS]....go.

Last edited:
Reactions: mromutt

Mitoh

Commander
Donor
Aug 30, 2015
RSI Handle
ffrind
I think it is a good idea, as we should start trying to fly together and stuff.

Although, if it is too 'hard' for the end user, it may not get used much.

This is TEST after all. ;)

Tortilla the Hun

Grand Admiral
Jul 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Tortilla_the_Hun
It certainly would be very helpful, and as Mitoh said it shouldn't be very difficult. So I propose that, with all ideas put forward, we have a few people that are absolutely wasted go about trying to link their profiles in the proposed manner. Whichever method proves to be the easiest under those circumstances shall be the method we choose.

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
I don't know if we can add a button but we could show everyone how to link it in their signature area.

Space Monkey

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
FlyingSpaceMonkey
I think it is a good idea, as we should start trying to fly together and stuff.

Although, if it is too 'hard' for the end user, it may not get used much.

This is TEST after all. ;)
Yeah, I don't think it needs to be too involved. We just need a linked button that forwards to the rsi profile page.

When I click my picture on the TEST Forum, I get this.

A button can be easily added to include this link. Even if someone just puts their RSI Handle we could simply add the prefix and BOOM! Click follow, done!

Space Monkey

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
FlyingSpaceMonkey
I don't know if we can add a button but we could show everyone how to link it in their signature area.
Yeah, but if someone isn't very active in the forums they would still have a profile if they are a TEST member most likely. Plus making the process uniform would be helpful in that I don't have to think to hard to find it. I would be more likely to think to go to the profile as a new member.

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
HIyo,

So after many an Arena Commander match, I noticed that I kept adding a few people here and there to my RSI profile. This process added quite a few minutes where one person was fumbling around trying to add the people trying to play together to their page so a match could be started. Since the instance process includes in part who is in your contact list at RSI, I would like to maximize the chance that I will be in one with TEST members.

I was interested to see if we could have a button on our TEST profile (for those who want to) that helps connect us to our RSI profile so we can add each other at our leisure.

This seems like it would be minimal work to the forum and go a long way to help us organize and play together with what's available now in Arena Commander. It could also help for people trying to organize community events since we seem to be getting closer to a multicrew demo.

thoughts and [CONCERNS]....go.
Liked the idea so much, I coded it despite having exams tomorrow :D

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
Could be useful. That being said, I do wut I wunt

Reactions: Space Monkey

Tortilla the Hun

Grand Admiral
Jul 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Tortilla_the_Hun

If the official one doesn't have those exact poorly-drawn lines and highlights, I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

And by "sorely disappointed" I mean carrying on with my day.

Reactions: honcho12

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Very nice! Now I can clear that garbage out of signature and put in more animated gifs.

Space Monkey

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
FlyingSpaceMonkey

So you know how you're awesome and get stuff done super fast even though I know you might be studying.

Anyway we could do the same thing on Disord/Mumble(if we ever get back there)?
Might not be possible but just thought I would ask. Maybe it's something to ask the developper to add a link to the profile.

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
So you know how you're awesome and get stuff done super fast even though I know you might be studying.

Anyway we could do the same thing on Disord/Mumble(if we ever get back there)?
Might not be possible but just thought I would ask. Maybe it's something to ask the developper to add a link to the profile.
Actually I would like real profiles on discord, you could put like your steam id and games you like to play often. Maybe even a bio and some links :P

Forgot your password?