Russia has one, the US needs one too! Texas needs you. I need you.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
The Javelins better come with plenty of anchor points. And by anchor points I don't mean docking collars. I mean good 'ole fashioned tie downs with rope. Rope tie downs work in space right? What about when space waves hit? Are there going to be designated "no wake" zones? Oh my good, too many things to consider. I'll just drink and forget about it.
This is always the best method. Drinking and forgetting. Worked for my first marriage. Ha. Anyways, just throw a bow line on the docked ship, crack a beer, and walk (float?) away. What you can't see, didn't happen. And hey, fuck, if I didn't see it, I don't have to write a witness statement. Win win. Haha

TexasSkulls

Identifies as an Aurora Missile
Donor
Jul 18, 2015
RSI Handle
TexasSkulls
This is always the best method. Drinking and forgetting. Worked for my first marriage. Ha. Anyways, just throw a bow line on the docked ship, crack a beer, and walk (float?) away. What you can't see, didn't happen. And hey, fuck, if I didn't see it, I don't have to write a witness statement. Win win. Haha
Thank god for LTI.

Macabre Poetry

Official Signature Generator Bot
Apr 24, 2014
RSI Handle
MacabrePoetry
So this is Hell's Gate at Possum Kingdom Lake in Texas.
I'm thinking this, but with the entire TEST fleet.

You have your jet skis (single-seaters), your smaller ski/wake boarding boats (small multi-crew), your larger 24'+ cruisers (large multi-crew), and then your giant, way-too-big-for-a-lake houseboats (Idris and Javelin). What do they all have in common? People drink on them, duh!
I love Possum Kingdom Lake! Hell's Gate is a good time...

Reactions: TexasSkulls

TexasSkulls

Donor
Jul 18, 2015
RSI Handle
TexasSkulls
Haven't been there in a couple years. I live down in Houston so it's a bit of a drive.
Ahh, gotcha. I'm in Fort Worth and my family has a place out there so it's a summer staple. I sometimes wish I could just hibernate through the winter to get to summertime more quickly!

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
We need to think WW2 bomber command.
1. Big ships stayed as close together as possible and formed interlocking fields of fire with their guns.
2. They stayed in complex formations that took considerable flying skill and discipline to maintain, often for 8 hours or more.
3. Fighters were organized in squadrons of 12 aircraft divided into 4 flights, further divided into 2-ship elements, the lead and the wingman.
We won't have 1000 heavy bombers, but we will have cargo and capital ships to protect, and they should probably fly in large groups to maximize profit and protection. We have a few big ships we can fly now, and we should practice with them. Mostly logistical stuff, like rendezvous points, formations and synchronizing quantum jumps. Fighters need to organize and train together, practicing attacking and defending the larger ships. We probably have 18 months or more to prepare...or we could just run into crap.
I have a Connie, a 'Tali, 2 Freelancers(DUR&MIS), and a bunch of fighters including a Vanguard Warden and a Sabre, that I will need to crew, and therefore I volunteer to fill positions on any ship where I am needed. I am a terrible gunner(need practice), a decent pilot and I don't think the engineer spot will be that difficult as long as we're not running back and forth between the engineer's station and a gun.

Reactions: Blind Owl

marctek

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Marctek
That sounds like a blast... Gotta Love Texas...

Have you ever visited Devils Cove on Lake Travis?

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
You have my Vanguard and Carrack and if needed I can always man a station...depending on how much I drink will depend on the quality of service and if I need a chair station or a standing one. :P

Reactions: Blind Owl

TexasSkulls

Donor
Jul 18, 2015
RSI Handle
TexasSkulls
You have my Vanguard and Carrack and if needed I can always man a station...depending on how much I drink will depend on the quality of service and if I need a chair station or a standing one. :p
There are no expectations for "quality" service. You ARE expected to be drunk. When I say "serious", I mean shut up for a second while we "think" we come up with a good plan, that in reality most likely means flying the javelin INTO our target. Welcome aboard! Fasten your seatbelt!

Reactions: Phil

TexasSkulls

Donor
Jul 18, 2015
RSI Handle
TexasSkulls
That sounds like a blast... Gotta Love Texas...

Have you ever visited Devils Cove on Lake Travis?

Nope, but I'd still love to get out to lake Travis. I also love that every "party" cove is nam d after the devil or hell lol...

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
There are no expectations for "quality" service. You ARE expected to be drunk. When I say "serious", I mean shut up for a second while we "think" we come up with a good plan, that in reality most likely means flying the javelin INTO our target. Welcome aboard! Fasten your seatbelt!
"Quality" service. Ha. Quality bar service maybe. And quality bar service leads to quality plans. Off the cuff, crazy, and non to thought out. Han Solo style. Haha

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I say that RJ and Texas crash their Javes into each other. May the most drunk ship win.

....so I can salvage both for a huge profit.
You're a conniving devil, Sunder. I like it. TEST squadron: We eat or own. But only for profit. Which we'll share for beer.

Forgot your password?