[Rustled Jimmies] Which Hornet should I get?

WHeaties

Grand Admiral
Jan 13, 2015
RSI Handle
MoisterMoist
I'm in a bit of a pickle as to what I should get. These are my following options:
  • Buy F7C ---> Use Super Hornet upgrade pack (Using $125 + EDIT: $5 for AC )
  • Sell Super Hornet upgrade pack ---> Buy F7C-S + AC (Upgrade pack should cover most if not all costs)
Do you guys think the super hornet will actually be that much better than the regular variants to warrant it being that much more expensive? Or is it just the collectors that are driving the price up.

I also have the F7A Military upgrade, can someone clarify whether this is just a skin or does it actually give you an F7A. If that's the case I'm finding the Super Hornet upgrade to be quite useless.

Thanks in advance guys.

Last edited:
S

svenrichter

The military upgrade is just a skin.

Out of the two I would go with the super since the Stealth is essentially useless right now. Whereas the Super is one of the strongest fighters out there. (You do not need two men two operate the gunner seat)

Wait, you wouldnt spend the 5$ an AC pass costs, if you go the super hornet route?

WHeaties

Grand Admiral
Jan 13, 2015
RSI Handle
MoisterMoist
I'm just skeptical because in the end I imagine if the standard F7C was upgraded with the ball turret it would pretty much match the firepower on the F7C-M (correct me if I'm just being a dunce).

That aside, which Hornet is the org in need of/prefers?

S

svenrichter

The Super can upgrade its Powerplant beyond the limitationis of the standard irc. Meaning it can fire longer, is faster, has more power for shields, etc. I believe its quite an upgrade. Its subject to change of cause, but I don't think CIG is going to underpower their limited ship lines.

And while I cant speak for the org, we dont really have a shortage of ships. Look for the Thread "Test fleet" Another Javelin could come in handy though..

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Just to add on, the F7A is a bit of a hybrid skin. It does affect manuverability a bit, because it will slightly change the thruster placement and hull shape. Not enough to actually matter, but people get really up in arms.

And you can add on the Void Armor and the low draw weapons/engine onto the Super Hornet once the PU rolls around, and make a Ghost Super Hornet! I'd say go with the Super Hornet, the better powerplant and 2nd seat just make it too good to pass up.

Dortz

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 4, 2014
RSI Handle
Dortz
Kind of like a 'If you paint it red, it will go faster' kinda thing? Like warhammer 40k orcs. The red orcs go faster!

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
Super hornet all the way. It's the strongest fighter out there(heh OP Avenger heh), and it's got a second seat for a buddy. That to me is a big deal, because it saves you some brainpower to fly instead of concentrating on all the guns.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
I agree.. go big or go home.. get the super and you will not be sorry. In the current playable mode of AC the Super is well worth it... I mean take in account how much additional weapons are on Voyager the ship pays for itself (...sad but true..).

Though I do own a super hornet... and enjoy flying around and being the target of every missile commander in a Arena Commander match (oh look a super hornet.. he must be good so lets kill him.. little do they know I suck.. ha... jokes on them) I prefer to fly my Mustang Delta. Everyday... all day..... delta fan boy. And I hate their airline.. but I am so flying delta when I get home for my next trip... just because.. delta.

Sorry... so final answer.. get a Super Delta Mustang Hornet.. you will not be sorry ;)

C

CaptainHavoc

I agree.. go big or go home.. get the super and you will not be sorry. In the current playable mode of AC the Super is well worth it... I mean take in account how much additional weapons are on Voyager the ship pays for itself (...sad but true..).

Though I do own a super hornet... and enjoy flying around and being the target of every missile commander in a Arena Commander match (oh look a super hornet.. he must be good so lets kill him.. little do they know I suck.. ha... jokes on them) I prefer to fly my Mustang Delta. Everyday... all day..... delta fan boy. And I hate their airline.. but I am so flying delta when I get home for my next trip... just because.. delta.

Sorry... so final answer.. get a Super Delta Mustang Hornet.. you will not be sorry ;)
I'm quite content with my Ghost as it's a great counter to missile commanders ATM. I find myself targeted by other players less often and when I figure out how to quickly shut off power and go silent my signature can disappear a few hundred meters from a hostile target.

I find that ATM it's the only ship that I can sneak up on targets with.

The Mustang Delta would have to be my favorite ship ATM, I've slapped on the omega's third engine on it and I'm running Quad repeaters, the thing is a glass cannon, it's amazing for quickly catching up to targets and vaporizing them as well as out-running hornets. You will find that the dumb-fire missiles are perfect when attacking hornets from head on.

That being said in the PU, my fighter setup will be a ghost with a canard and ball turret with low emission weapons, or maybe ignore emission and just stay low until I sneak up on my target.

Reactions: Dalarast

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
I'm quite content with my Ghost as it's a great counter to missile commanders ATM. I find myself targeted by other players less often and when I figure out how to quickly shut off power and go silent my signature can disappear a few hundred meters from a hostile target.

I find that ATM it's the only ship that I can sneak up on targets with.

The Mustang Delta would have to be my favorite ship ATM, I've slapped on the omega's third engine on it and I'm running Quad repeaters, the thing is a glass cannon, it's amazing for quickly catching up to targets and vaporizing them as well as out-running hornets. You will find that the dumb-fire missiles are perfect when attacking hornets from head on.

That being said in the PU, my fighter setup will be a ghost with a canard and ball turret with low emission weapons, or maybe ignore emission and just stay low until I sneak up on my target.
I never thought of popping on the Omega's engine onto the Delta. You my friend are a god damn genius!

Also I find that with the Delta I can also avoid the missile commanders... I either float in the heavy asteroid areas or hovering over an asteroid or the facility (is that a terraforming station??) with no shields or power. I can normally avoid an initial spray of missiles by flying around the objects with a 1 on 1..... but throwing that Omega engine might add some extra boost...

PU... it's probably also going to be the super hornet for the win for me though. Delta I may try to give to the wife if she wants a dog fighting ship. So you will all see me flying the delta and her in the super hornet more than likely ;)

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
I vote Super Hornet as it comes with the canard turret standard, meaning more space pew pews.

SH with the F7A upgrade will be the top-tier, militarized dog fighter in the game...for human spacecraft anyway. I have both myself.

JacknHoffa

Lieutenant
Nov 23, 2014
RSI Handle
JacknHoffa
Super Hornet all the way, when the PU is out you have a great platform to start building up to where yoou want it. Otherwise you will not be able to attain the power, weapons ect.... You can get close, like saying you shined up your Plymouth and say its fast as Lamborghini. Though you may have put some new parts into it, it will never have the military specs. But come to think of it the military always goes for the lowest bid.

Forgot your password?