S.S.S - June 14th - 16:00 - 04:00 GMT (12:00n - 12:00 am EST)

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz

Image credit to @Loteus

S.S.S - June 14
TEST Squadron! Hoist on your best looking panties! It's time to get down to business! Here at TEST Inc. life has been a bit hectic around the office. Things are finally settling down and we want to give you guys a chance to blow off some steam.

So close out of Arena Commander and get Team Fortress 2 & Planetside 2 ready to go! What's that? Two games? Egriz, are you drunk? Nope! Starting this week, S.S.S. will be expanding to a much higher level. We will be hosting several gaming options over a much longer period of time.

So what does that mean for you? Just more options! Play when you want! Play what game you want! Well, not any game. You have to limit yourself!

When?
June 14th, 16:00 GMT / 12:00n EST.
Teamspeak:
ts.testsquadron.com **Push to talk is REQUIRED**
In case of mass amounts of spais, we will switch to: testoutfit.info

Game Information:
Planetside 2:
Server: Mattherson (US East)
Faction: Vanyu Sovereignty

Team Fortress 2:
Server: TBD
Hats

SCHEDULE:

STARTING AT 12:00 NOON EASTERN / 16:00 GMT

Hours 1-3: Team Fortress 2
Hours 3-6: Planetside 2
Hours 6-9: Team Fortress 2
Hours 9-12: Planetside 2

This is so we make sure we have proper staff running the event. I can't be in two places at once.

For Team Fortress 2, we are just going to have to take over an empty/low pop server. TEST's TF2 server is not updated, so we won't be able to use it.

Hope to see you there!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

TestBot

Ghost
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
TestBot
Any idea how's the lag playing on a us server from the EU?
Might give a shot to Planetside..
During the times that Test Outfit plays on Euro servers we have almost no lag. It will probably be the same for Euro players playing on US servers. Actually now that I think of it we have a bunch of Euro players who are dedicated players and play regularly. They haven't complained about any problems.

I have no idea about TF2 though.

Desterion

Admiral
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
Desterion
My outfit has a good number of euro players and they seem to do just fine on Matherson. However if the lag is too much to shoot people with, there are a number of support roles available to help out everyone else.

Roelosaurus

Grand Admiral
Mar 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Roelosaurus
My outfit has a good number of euro players and they seem to do just fine on Matherson. However if the lag is too much to shoot people with, there are a number of support roles available to help out everyone else.
I (Belgium, Europe) have rolled with the Test Outfit a couple of times on Mattherson.
Didn't experience any lag that really hindered my gameplay. I'm cool with Mattherson.
Besides: you don't need a low ping to crash a Scythe in a Sundy. :D

Last edited:

Varil Rau

Lieutenant
Jun 1, 2014
RSI Handle
Varil Rau
Well, i think i am supposed to go to a party this saturday, but i might play some earlier or might be home, who knows. Weekend is so far away..

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
oh no :( i'm on a festival through the whole weekend

*snif*

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
Is there any value in sending an invite out to our RSI affiliates through RSI mail, or should we keep this to people on Reddit/these boards for now while we get things rolling again?

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
FYI, I just downloaded Team Fortress 2 and it's not running on my computer; looks like the patch today is fubar'ing a bunch of people's ability to play the game. Someone else who previously had it installed and working on their machine should give things a go and see if it's as widespread as it looks like it might be.

Jumanx.

Captain
Nov 26, 2013
RSI Handle
Jumanx
So are we going to be playing with the planetside 2 guys or just doing our own thing? I would prefer to just dick around on our own.

Roelosaurus

Grand Admiral
Mar 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Roelosaurus
So are we going to be playing with the planetside 2 guys or just doing our own thing? I would prefer to just dick around on our own.
It's a known fact that everyone on Mattherson is scared shitless to fly
due to top-tier easymode Anti Air.
I'd say we give the AA of the Terran and NC a run for their money
and provide Scythe airsupport for our Test Outfit brethren
(as a standalone outfit ofcourse).

Last edited:
Reactions: TestBot

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
Is there any value in sending an invite out to our RSI affiliates through RSI mail, or should we keep this to people on Reddit/these boards for now while we get things rolling again?
With the current system, it is very difficult to send mass mail through RSI. It has to be done by hand.

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
With the current system, it is very difficult to send mass mail through RSI. It has to be done by hand.
Ugh. That could be our S.S.S activity! As a group, notifying 2000+ people that we're meeting to play a game, as soon as we're done notifying.

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
SCHEDULE:

STARTING AT 12:00 NOON EASTERN / 16:00 GMT

Hours 1-3: Team Fortress 2
Hours 3-6: Planetside 2
Hours 6-9: Team Fortress 2
Hours 9-12: Planetside 2

This is so we make sure we have proper staff running the event. I can't be in two places at once.

For Team Fortress 2, we are just going to have to take over an empty/low pop server. TEST's TF2 server is not updated, so we won't be able to use it.

Forgot your password?