S.S.S. Week 11 - Planetside 2 With SCA and AS-FL! | April 12, 2014

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777

S.S.S. Week 11!

This weekend we're going to be doing Planetside 2!

Planetside 2

Server: Connery (US West)
Faction: TBD.

Time:

The event will start at 16:00 CDT | 21:00 GMT | 07:00 AEST on Sunday

"But JC, why so much later and why include Aussie time?"
Glad you asked. If you weren't aware, SCA is short for Southern Cross Alliance aka Star Citizen Australia. You may have seen the post by TestBot last week, but we've finalized everything and this is a time that will work out for everyone. Its a bit late for you Euros, but then again I've seen some of you guys up 'til 01:00 so I have faith in you to make it!

Teamspeak:
We will be using the Test Outfit Teamspeak for communications. You can download it here.
Server: testoutfit.info (no password)
Push to Talk is enforced and voice activation is disabled by default, so please don't wonder why its not working. I just told you why.
A good thing to do would be to pop in a day before to set everything up. I'm generally there every evening and there is usually someone there to talk to, so stop by and shoot the bull with us.

Pro-Tips if you are new to Planetside 2:
  • Get it on Steam for Free!
  • Its a massive file with several large patches so start downloading now so you won't have to wait.
  • Please also run through the tutorial so that you are relatively familiar with the game and its concepts. Gives you that much more of a headstart.
  • Knowing of past events, we usually setup a sort of tutorial-group who are led by an experienced PS2 player. Helps to make up for what some of the tutorial lacks.
Leave any questions or concerns below!

This new title feels sticky...

Last edited:
Reactions: SeungRyul

Tyronne

Captain
Feb 10, 2014
I should be able to make it! If we take half as many objectives as we lose, it should be a success! And I'll try not to explode right out of the gate when we do our ATV race.... :cool:

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
Update: We have decided to play on Connery to make it easier on SCA in terms of ping. Faction choice to be determined.

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777

Tyronne

Captain
Feb 10, 2014
Now if I can get the wife to finish weeding so we can make the Home Depot and Lunch run before 4....
Make sure you launch PS2 while you're gone! I've got like 8 gigs of updates lol

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
Well shit. Got caught up at work and missed out on this.
Its all good. There will always be more SSS events!

Reactions: Worm

Designated Drunk

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Designated_Drunk
Make sure you launch PS2 while you're gone! I've got like 8 gigs of updates lol
I found this out the hard way. Despite already having installed the game a few weeks ago (hoping to make a previous SSS but it didn't install in time), by the time it updated yesterday, everyone had pretty much logged off.

<sadpanda>

Forgot your password?