S.S.S. Week 5 | 1/2/2014 |

Astan92

Lieutenant
Jan 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Kira
Sadly I will be unable to make it this week. Silly Dads having birthdays to get in the way.

h0und

Rear Admiral
Donor
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
h0und
Sweet! I'll hopefully be there to show you all how it's done. (That is, being a terribly terrible sucky noob).

Jumanx.

Captain
Nov 26, 2013
RSI Handle
Jumanx
I'll be logging on in about an hour to start practicing. Username is Jumanx so if anyone else is on add me!

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
Username is ChrizZzzZ

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Post game discussion:

I would be interested in hearing everybodys thoughts on todays event.

What did you like?

What did you not like?

What do you feel we could do differently next time?

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
For the time that I was in and wasn't lagging which was for about an hour or so, I would say I wish there was a way to be able to transfer my BR26 Vanu guy from Waterson because there was so much stuff I had, but didn't. AA Lightning ftw. Its been so long since I've played that I forgotten how much of a stalemate it could be between two sides sometimes. Although, I remember when taking a Bio-lab was near impossible for attackers and bouts would last for hours on end.

Otherwise, I have to say it was incredibly fun for the time I was in there and it was great to play with everyone all on the same team. Would suggest next time to split up into squad-based channels in TS so that we could have a more organized chaos which naturally comes from PS2. It would also make for us to be able to BS with each other without feeling like we're interrupting important communication for other squads. I mean, we're doing this for fun and to get to know each other so there should always be room for chit chat (at least that's what I take away from each weekend). I would like to know how Seung's last class went or how Munken's day was while we're tearing into the enemy but that might just be me. If that happened after I left, then disregard this.

D-Rook

Vice Admiral
Nov 5, 2013
RSI Handle
D-Rook
POSTGAME:

This was something on the Scale of TEST. we don't do small, we go big. Big fights, big teams, and big explosions. It felt right. we were all together, not split up into separate rooms, and we were all fighting on the same side for the same objective.

I don't have any complaints other than some slight irks about our initial organization being a sloppy mess, but that was sorted out fairly well.

h0und

Rear Admiral
Donor
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
h0und
That was fun! I haven't played PS2 before but this (quite spectacular) saturday evening was entertaining. The scale of this game is massive! I might just start playing it more regularly now :)

Certainly more action than the "Warp to gate, jump on contact"-for-2-hours roams I used to do when I played EVE.

Reactions: JoeCool4433

Jumanx.

Captain
Nov 26, 2013
RSI Handle
Jumanx
I had lots of fun this week and it was great seeing so many people turn up. My only suggestion is that maybe next time we do not play with the planetside 2 guys. It seemed like at some points they were just playing together as usual and all us SC guys were just idiot aurora pilots throwing our bodies at the enemy. Though I suppose that is good practice, Hawken felt a bit more like a team building exercise than this week.

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
i agree with Jumanx, i think the help of the PS2 guys was good in the beginning, then they fell back to their regular style, with 40 + noobs without direction.

but it was the first time playing serious ps2 for most of us, it's hard to give us commands that we understand in this game :)

the two times we did the medic ball were fun though :D

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
i agree with Jumanx, i think the help of the PS2 guys was good in the beginning, then they fell back to their regular style, with 40 + noobs without direction.
We did not expect such a big turn out, but now that we know there is so much interest, we will make a better agenda of activities for the next round!

Jumanx.

Captain
Nov 26, 2013
RSI Handle
Jumanx
We did not expect such a big turn out, but now that we know there is so much interest, we will make a better agenda of activities for the next round!
Well if you need help with organizing or anything let me know.

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
Sorry I couldn't make it. Girlfriend came and visited me over the weekend so I was preoccupied. I'll be ready for SSS Week 6 :)

Reactions: JoeCool4433
Forgot your password?