S.W.O.R.D (Survival Will Obviously Require Draught) VAP

Miasmic

Commander
Jul 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Miasmic
O.K. So, I picked up VoiceAttack the other day and absolutely fell in love with it. It is pretty amazing for Star Citizen. I started by creating my own very basic (no responses) profile and jumping in. In game someone asked me which profile I was using; I wasn't even aware you could import profiles. That got me curious enough to look around the interwebs for one. I picked up the @Cobbler's Cylon VAP, and it is great. However, It is fairly outdated at this point (at least from versions I could find) and focused on Arena Commander. I then tried out ANNA, again, really, really nice. This got me wanting to reconstruct my profile into one that was much more simplified (easier on the eyes) than ANNA, making it a bit easier for me to go in and change/add things.

I am calling her/it S.W.O.R.D (Survival Will Obviously Require Draught). Everything you need (vap, .xml for keybinds, command list word document) is in the .zip folder. I am using Hazel as a voice (I had her initially, and she was the best of my options). Word of caution for KB+M players if you decide to give it a shot - You will likely need to rebind quite a bit, as these are not the default, and likely not useful to you, bindings. This was set up with playing on a HOTAS and streamlining the process in mind (i.e I mapped using a single key where I could rather than a modifier + key).

Hope you enjoy! I will update her/it as time goes on and when there are any major updates.

-"Sword, who is the best Org in the Verse?"

Drop Box is easier to update. Will keep newest version there. Attachment Removed From Post

Download Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/99t0xpysvvcpo8x/S.W.O.R.D VAP 1.11.zip?dl=0

Last edited:

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
Outstanding.
I have been using Voice Attack in Star Citizen since it was first available about 3 years ago.
I purchased a Professional Voice to install into the Windows Operating system (the defaults ones suck).
I have always made my own profile and update/modify it as needed (or wanted - for fun).

The best part (and fun part) is that it says whatever I tell it to.
As SC is 900 years in the future, I use Voice Attack as my on-board computer. I call her AMY.
Example ---------
Cosmic: 'Get me a beer AMY.'
AMY: 'You know that you should not drink and fly, Cosmic.'
Cosmic: 'Get me a beer AMY or I will throw you out the airlock.'
AMY: 'Would you like a sandwich with your beer, Cosmic?'

I have also discovered that I can record short MP3 files (with mine or someone else's voice) and have VA use them as responses.
This way, over time as 3.x evolves, I can program responses from various 'crew members'. Engineering, Comms, even a Cook, Janitor, Masseuse, etc if I wish.
As my good friend ArchieFalcon would say (and will say on-board) --- WELL YEAAAAAAAH
*** I do love having FUN. ***

[Since I am the only person who ever hears AMY, I am free to use ANY voice I want for ANY purpose. Ha. Ha. --- Hint; They can be recorded anytime, even while chatting or listening on discord. LOL]

Please do not ask. As for now, how I extract snippets of voices is my secret. I need to perfect the procedure.
In time, I will write a 'very brief' tutorial and share with all you TESTies.
If anyone is interested, of course.

It is much easier to purchase & install a Voice Pack than to take the time to personalize VA.
To each his or her own.

@Miasmic I am impressed with your initiative and talent. This takes much time.
Also, thanks for offering to share this with the TEST members.
WELL DONE.........
You Sir are an inspiration to us all.

Last edited:

Miasmic

Commander
Jul 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Miasmic
Thank you @CosmicTrader ! I couldn't sleep last night. So I figured, "screw it".

This software is so great. I only use 3 buttons now for the entire game (while flying and unless racing), and 2 of those are for weapons :D.
I've got some dialog S.W.O.R.D as well. Its nothing like ANNA by any means as far as conversations go, but I will continually add things as I see fit and keep the thread updated. I already had to make one change lol. Realized "Who is the best Org in the Verse?" sounded much better than "Who is the best Org in Star Citizen (immersion breaking, uh hello).

I will eventually buy some Language/Voice packs so I can play with different voices, but I actually don't mind Hazel that much. I've sped/slowed her down for different responses as well as fiddled with punctuation and played with spelling to make it a little better. They will try to say what you spell to an extent, even if its not a real word, eventually it gives up though and starts dictating to you lol.

I would imagine playing around with the different dialects available could also net some pretty interesting results. That might fit well with your crew member idea too (totally taking that by the way :D).

Buying is always easier than creating, but you loose out on a bit of customization (and fun....or frustration). However, that being said, the only reason I didn't buy one last night were their price tags (the proper TTS language packs). Kind of unbelievable, but I suppose understandable as well. They are powerful pieces of software and I want to use it for a very specific, rather insignificant purpose (in the grand scheme of things). I will buy some eventually. Everyone seems to rave about IVONA, but I didn't really like any of the sample bits on the site. Any suggestions? The mp3 route would be nice, just seems like quite the task, whether you had to create the mp3's, or find them.

Again, thank you. TEST is an inspiration to us all!

Miasmic

Commander
Jul 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Miasmic
I never learned how to set up voice attack. So i have no idea what im doing. lol
Its actually quite easy. Just rather time consuming.

Here is a quick no b.s down and dirty guide that will get you going.

The only thing you need to do different than in this guide, if you want to use custom responses, is to click Other/sounds/say something with text to speech rather than Other/sounds/play a sound

You will see this step in the "Programming Custom Macros" video

**I just realized you meant you don't know how to use this one, apologies. To use S.W.O.R.D, simply download and unzip the folder. Then place the .xml in your star citizen Mappings folder (within "controls") and import the VAP (Voice Attack Profile) through VA. Easy as that. Sorry, I should have put that in the word document. Will do so now.**

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd4sMZyz78o&list=PLZcv1kmz26utwMqyHxPMYHY3BDWIh7zoR

Last edited:

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
I have also discovered that I can record short MP3 files (with mine or someone else's voice) and have VA use them as responses.
This way, over time as 3.x evolves, I can program responses from various 'crew members'. Engineering, Comms, even a Cook, Janitor, Masseuse, etc if I wish.
As my good friend ArchieFalcon would say (and will say on-board) --- WELL YEAAAAAAAH
*** I do love having FUN. ***

Since I am the only person who ever hears AMY, I am free to use ANY voice I want for ANY purpose. Ha. Ha. --- Hint; They can be recorded anytime, even while chatting or listening on discord. LOL]

Are you slowly accumulating recordings of Montoya to build a MONTOYA voice pack of our glorious leader?

A.Santos

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 6, 2016
RSI Handle
A_Santos
Yea its a great program
been playing with it for allmost a year now and still love making my own stuff and things
atm. im makeing a new profile for mining ....... But need the prospector key-map to test it..... and it seems as they moved mining to 3,1 :tired_face:

Forgot your password?