Sad news to report: CosmicTrader's girlfriend has passed away

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
I am so sorry for your loss. I had someone unexpectedly pass a little while ago as well. It's one thing when you see it coming, like old age. It's another thing entirely when you have every reason to rely on a long life with them in it. The world changes so suddenly and all your expectations of the future change with it. For me, it was incredibly disorientating.

What ended up getting me through it was a combination of friends and routine. I stuck to my routines and my friends kept me away from the deafening silence and solitude. The roughest part was finding and accepting my new "normal". Things were never going to be the same again and trying to make them feel the same as before was driving me nuts.

Just remember to let your friends be there for you, even if it's just hanging out without saying a word. It helps take the edge off. Please know, like many others have said, we are all here for you. If you need anything, all you need to do is ask.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
For those of you that have not had the honor to meet him yet, CosmicTrader is one of our dearest and oldest members.

Forty years ago, during his service to the US Navy, his duties took him to the UK where he met a lovely British lass named Andrea.

She told him to get his Yankee ass off those submarines and over to her place for some tea and biscuits.

To this day we have no idea what she put in that tea, because CosmicTrader has been living with her ever since!

I never had the honor of speaking with her, Cosmic always kept his offline life very private, but once in a while when Cosmic would be in voice chat with us, we would hear her in the background shouting at him to stop talking to his internet friends and get some chores done!

I takes a truly remarkable woman to take a salty sailor like him and turn him into a fine upstanding gentleman that we all know and love.

It is with great sorrow to inform you all that Andrea has passed.

She fell ill a few weeks ago with a very stubborn strain of Tuberculosis that was resistant to every antibiotic they gave her.

She passed away peacefully last night in her sleep.

Our deepest condolences from all of us here in TEST.

May she rest in peace.

(I am unsure if Cosmic wishes to share any of the funeral arrangement details, but if he does, I shall post it in this post.)
Im so sorry to hear this @CosmicTrader i couldnt imagine what you are going through now.

Forgot your password?