Saitech HOTAS

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
So I am starting to come to grips with the idea of fly a vanguard with the S5 weapon fixed, which I think means I don't need a second stick. I could go with the standard throttle for the left hand. This has me looking around for a backlit setup. I like the lighted keyboards and am looking for a red cockpit, but searching "backlit HOTAS" isn't giving me much choice of color. I could get stuck with blue.

But I did come across what seems a very cool blue--the Saitek X52. Lots of buttons, and just as the reviewer says, it will be interesting to see where Logitech goes with it now that they bought out Saitek.

What do y'all think?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkVp5Wlx2XA

O-Lefty

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 12, 2016
RSI Handle
O-Lefty
Virpil is top of the line right now and in my opinion the way to go. Saitek doesn't exist any more, they were bought by Logitech. Logitech has not improved the products enough to make them worth the money yet.

Get dual T16000Ms and wait for Virpil to restock.

Doyzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Doyzer
I had an X-56 and always had issues getting profile to load so Hotas would work. I have a T16000m now, works great. Like O-Lefty said I am waiting to get a Virpil closer to release.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
why not get them all? there are lots of reviews and such already here on the forums regarding HOTAS and dual sticks. I recommend trying a search that way.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Oooh, purtiful! Is the throttle actually lit so you can see it with the lights out?

Yeah, I like red becasue it thwarts night blindness best. Gives the cockpit a stealth feel. Of course if I could change it to match whatever I'm in that would be best. Most of the Aegis cockpits seem to be blue or green, so changable would be nice.

O-Lefty

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 12, 2016
RSI Handle
O-Lefty
Mount it to the desk. I tried the chair first but then you can't scoot in all the way.

And I think the Virpil constellation and throttle are RGB LEDs.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
And I think the Virpil constellation and throttle are RGB LEDs.

1544598705699.jpeg

Yeap, programmable LEDs. I found images of blue and red throttle, same goes for the flightstick.

I'm, more interested in a couple of these to replace my plastic Warthog gimbals:

I've grinded and re-greased the Warthogs gimballs, replaced the 4 counter springs, but still it doesn't feel perfect yet, even when the springs almost eliminate the center detend it feels like... it could get even better.

Reactions: Shadow Reaper
Forgot your password?