Sale incoming?

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Today I saw a test ad appear for a sale (the post was called AD - Test B wHub.) in the comm-link section of the RSI website. It has since been taken down.

Looks like it's a variety of small ships and vehicles, but the new scorpion looks to be in it as well.

List of sale ships I saw
C8R Pisces - 65
Centurion - 110
Cutter - 45
Hoverquad - 30
Mule - 45
STV - 40

Under ship for every occasion they had those ships (and an interesting picture of a cybertruck and a angular looking ATV in the bed
It also had the Scorpius Antares in that list (but no sale price)

It had a number of other things such as the guide system and how it works, a map of the stanton system, Community hub

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Today I saw a test ad appear for a sale (the post was called AD - Test B wHub.) in the comm-link section of the RSI website. It has since been taken down.

Looks like it's a variety of small ships and vehicles, but the new scorpion looks to be in it as well.

List of sale ships I saw
C8R Pisces - 65
Centurion - 110
Cutter - 45
Hoverquad - 30
Mule - 45
STV - 40

Under ship for every occasion they had those ships (and an interesting picture of a cybertruck and a angular looking ATV in the bed
It also had the Scorpius Antares in that list (but no sale price)

It had a number of other things such as the guide system and how it works, a map of the stanton system, Community hub
It would have been interesting to see that picture, to try and work out what the ship\vehicle were.
Edited to add: It sounds reminiscent of the Hoverquad\Nomad pack from back when the Hoverquad released: Would it be possible that they reused a picture from that?

In the near future, we'll be seeing sales for the folowing reasons, either individually, or combined:
3.18 release
The annual St patrick's day sale (Mid March)
"Foundation festival" (Mid April) - reference to "guide", etc. may be connected.
"Quarterly" free-fly event- reference to "guide", etc. may be connected.
3.19\Invictus (May)

I believe that the Hoverquad is the only one of thse listed ships which isn't a "standard" item in the store, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: FZD

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
Not the first time a page has been published early by accident. Usually will see meme photos (like the Tesla Cybertruck and Quad) in them as part of mockups.

Aunfox

Space Marshal
Feb 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Aunf0x
I want to buy a Misc Prospector, do you think I should wait till the next sale?

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Today I saw a test ad appear for a sale (the post was called AD - Test B wHub.)
For the longest time I was sitting here wondering "What do you mean a TEST ad? And why bother posting about it, @vahadar sells stuff all the time at our marketplace"
Yeah, guess I'll go to bed.

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
It would depend on your intention with the Prospector:
  • If it's not something you intend to keep, you can buy it any time.
  • If you're interested in having it as a permanent part of your fleet, waiting for it to go on sale with more than 6 months "insurance", or using CCU's may be a better option (Be careful if you use WarBond CCU's - you'll get the ship cheaper, but if you change your mind and "melt" it, it will cost more to get back than you received from "melting" it, so if you decide you did want it, it'll cost more money to replace).
  • If you're also interested in salvage, there is a small chance that with 3.18 that a pack may be released containing the Vulture and the Prospector, giving a minor discount - It won't be LTI though, due to the Vulture having hd a previous "concept" sale offering LTI... this is not guaranteed, though (I wouldn't be surprised to see a "Vulture and Reclaimer" pack as the "high end" pack, with a cheaper pack containing the Vulture and one of either a transport\cargo ship, Prospector, Expanse, or MULE... The prospector would be the least likely)... If we're VERY lucky, the old "entrepreneur pack" may return - Swap out the Ursa for an Expanse and it covers most industry gameplay.

Given there is a wipe coming with 3.18 (hopefully next week), you're probably better off waiting until then, as you can rent one in-game for the remainder of 3.17.5 and with the release of 3.18, it will either be the same price still, or maybe have a bundle\way to get it cheaper - It's extremely unlikely the price will increase.

Reactions: vahadar and Drowez

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Pretty much spot on @Brictoria

That said, CIG has been pretty consistent with the introduction of a “fortuna” ship/vehicle that has LTI for St. Patrick’s day. While not guaranteed, it might be possible for you to pick up an LTI token in March. If CIg doesn’t give an LTI token then, there will be one for sure at the Invictus Launch Week celebration in May.

Don’t be in a rush to buy a ship. Especially if you are in the game for the long haul. If you are Not in the game for the long haul, don’t buy any ship beyond the starter ship. The game isn’t going live any time soon, so rushing to get a ship now because it’s the new hotness isn’t a good strategy. Plan your ship collection strategically and look at the long term. If you are in it today and expect to be gone next year, just buy it in-game.

Reactions: Drowez

Drowez

Captain
Jan 8, 2023
RSI Handle
Drowez

That said, CIG has been pretty consistent with the introduction of a “fortuna” ship/vehicle that has LTI for St. Patrick’s day. While not guaranteed, it might be possible for you to pick up an LTI token in March. If CIg doesn’t give an LTI token then, there will be one for sure at the Invictus Launch Week celebration in May.

Don’t be in a rush to buy a ship. Especially if you are in the game for the long haul. If you are Not in the game for the long haul, don’t buy any ship beyond the starter ship. The game isn’t going live any time soon, so rushing to get a ship now because it’s the new hotness isn’t a good strategy. Plan your ship collection strategically and look at the long term. If you are in it today and expect to be gone next year, just buy it in-game.
Perfect information right here, no need to hurry for a game in alpha. I love some grinding, especially in this game.

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria

I'm actually hoping that the Lynx is released during Fortuna (work on it is scheduled to conclude at around that time), with the Constellation Phoenix and\or the Constellation Phoenix Emerald being obtainable with LTI as a result. While the Lynx has been included with both Constellation Phoenix ships, as well as being included in the "All Terrain Vehicle Mega Pack", it has never been sold on its own as a concept, and so is still technically eligible for LTI on release.

• Glorious
Reactions: vahadar and Drowez

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
For the longest time I was sitting here wondering "What do you mean a TEST ad? And why bother posting about it, @vahadar sells stuff all the time at our marketplace"
Yeah, guess I'll go to bed.
I'm in hibernation mode for the shop 😄As I have reached the desired concierge level.
But we have new faces offering stuff at cost also.

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
Constellation Phoenix and\or the Constellation Phoenix Emerald being obtainable with LTI as a result.
Uuuggh, if they do this, then I'll be tempted to get it, as the Phoenix is currently the ONLY ship in my fleet without LTI. But then I'll need to throw them a fresh $350, which I'm not exactly excited about. So I'm going to hope against you that they DON'T do this, so I won't be in a position to make a difficult decision! :P

Quirkz

Rear Admiral
Dec 6, 2021
RSI Handle
QuickQuirkz
Only a few ships are cheaper on each sale, and we never know. It might be next sale, it might be next year.
So if you want to get it, but don't want to spend full price, you're better off just waiting till the next sale to try make a CCU chain to it instead. Plus some of the sales often have better insurance.

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Uuuggh, if they do this, then I'll be tempted to get it, as the Phoenix is currently the ONLY ship in my fleet without LTI. But then I'll need to throw them a fresh $350, which I'm not exactly excited about. So I'm going to hope against you that they DON'T do this, so I won't be in a position to make a difficult decision! :P
If you're lucky, they'll do a larger pack containing a group of ships you already have, with a price above $1000, so you can buy it with credits from melting the ships you have and still receive the LTI.

If they don't do a pack with an LTI Phoenix, I'll probably have be wait until I have the credits for either the RSI complete pack (possibly with Dominus pack for the Piano), or the Praetorian pack (for both Phoenix and Piano) in order to get an LTI Phoenix.... The latter would also get me the Pioneer with LTI that I want, but it's a LOT of money for ships that includes many that I won't want to use myself.

As a side note, I've recently brought my 10 year Phoenix out of retirement, too, in the hope that like the release of the c8r and the hoverquad, having a related ship in your hangar will let you get an LTI Lynx with a slightly higher discount... Given the small number of ways you could already own a Lynx (1 old pack, 2 Phoenix ships), if they do have a disount, I could see it possibly being expanded to include owners of the ursa as well.

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
All Phoenixes come with the Lynx, correct? But only Green ones come with the Piano? I forget how all that works. Pretty sure my 10yr regular Phoenix has the Lynx since I always have an Ursa loaner, but never seem to be able to swap out that table for a piano unfortunately. . .

Reactions: Blind Owl

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
All Phoenixes come with the Lynx, correct? But only Green ones come with the Piano? I forget how all that works. Pretty sure my 10yr regular Phoenix has the Lynx since I always have an Ursa loaner, but never seem to be able to swap out that table for a piano unfortunately. . .
All Constellation Phoenix (Standard and Emerald) come with the Lynx.

From what I have learnt, the Piano was included with early models of the standard Phoenix (I don't know which versions, if any, of the Emerald have it). I believe the Piano was sold individually as well ("Hartwell Music Sentinel 88G") and can also be found in the following packages:
$6,400 Dominus Pack (Does not include Constellation Phoenix)
$15,000 Praetorian Pack (Includes standard Constellation Phoenix)
$40,000+ Legatus Pack (Includes both Constellation Phoenix versions, but only 1 piano)

Fortunately, all items will be purchsable\aquirable in-game (one day), so you should be able to get one eventually, one way or another.

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
I'd seen that as well, but when I testd a couple of nights ago, I didn't have the piano as an option - It was the table or nothing on mine.

I did, however, see someone mention that the piano was finally working\appearing in 3.18, so it could just be a bug with the ship (like the hot-tub not woking) which will be fixed in 3.18 (unlike the hot tub).
Edit: Found it -
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/zqmxbn View: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/zqmxbn/most_important_318_stealth_feature_on_ptu/

Last edited:

Drowez

Captain
Jan 8, 2023
RSI Handle
Drowez
I'd seen that as well, but when I testd a couple of nights ago, I didn't have the piano as an option - It was the table or nothing on mine.

I did, however, see someone mention that the piano was finally working\appearing in 3.18, so it could just be a bug with the ship (like the hot-tub not woking) which will be fixed in 3.18 (unlike the hot tub).
Edit: Found it -
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/zqmxbn View: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/zqmxbn/most_important_318_stealth_feature_on_ptu/
Exciting!

Forgot your password?