Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Well thats just straight up looney!
Right? And toonie! Crazy people.
Lies!

I sniffed all the money and none of it smelled like maple syrup!
You obviously had bills that had been licked repeatedly by maple starved Americans. That always takes out the flavour. ;)
Don't forget that they're also made of plastic. :D
Yup. Now we have no choice but to pay with plastic. Haha.

True story. Polymer bills:
http://www.bankofcanada.ca/banknotes/bank-note-series/polymer/

SirDigby

Lieutenant
Feb 11, 2016
RSI Handle
SirDigby
I don't know much about the LA internet market, but did CI has much of a choice to go with somebody other than TWC?

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
I don't know much about the LA internet market, but did CI has much of a choice to go with somebody other than TWC?
I haven't worked with many businesses the size of CIG, but in my experience once a business' needs grow to a certain level, they pretty have to work with the largest providers. There are a *lot* of factors that play into which of the big guys you choose, but you're looking at a completely different level of service. Yes, TWC is pretty bad for your average household customer, but your average house isn't transferring terabytes of data internally every day and petabytes of data externally every month.

Think of it this way, if you hate Bell South, you can make due with just having a cell phone for your home, or you can often have your pick of who you get home telephone service with, but if you're a large hospital with 800 rooms each needing a phone extension, handset, voicemail box, etc. You're options are limited to 2 or 3 providers.

Large business level internet connections and home connections are apples and oranges.

And I would bet they worked out a sweet trade deal to get CR to get on camera for them (which money every month not going into operating expenses, but rather into development). There's a million home internet customers across the globe that listens when he speaks and hundreds of tech companies keeping a very close eye on how CIG is working to pull this off. It's hard to estimate the value that TWC is gaining by having Chris say "we use TWC Business Class internet and it's been great", but it's reinforcing their brand, it is excellent marketing, and it's just as much advertising for for TWC as it is for Star Citizen so keep that in mind too.

Forgot your password?