Scheduled Download

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
Hey guys, been a while - curious if we can schedule the download for SC updates?

We moved to a new place in the country 7 weeks ago and are now on a 5G WiFi internet service, we have free bandwidth from Midnight to 6 AM and I want to set SC to DL during that window (~40GB DL) without having to stay up and manually initiate the DL - do we have a way to do that?

Thanks in advance.

'Gimp

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Hey guys, been a while - curious if we can schedule the download for SC updates?

We moved to a new place in the country 7 weeks ago and are now on a 5G WiFi internet service, we have free bandwidth from Midnight to 6 AM and I want to set SC to DL during that window (~40GB DL) without having to stay up and manually initiate the DL - do we have a way to do that?

Thanks in advance.

'Gimp
Gimp, long time no see! I have no idea the answer to your question, but I thought I'd say hello!

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
Hey Owl! Yeah I've been hip deep in a move (after 8 years in the last place, moving sucks), and still really enjoying DCS for my combat flying while also flying/teaching formation a lot IRL.

Now that my beloved Carrack appears to be only a few months away from flyable figured I'd dip my toe back in, relearn controls and flight models, etc., to get ready for her.

Should be around more regular now.

Good to be back!

'Gimp

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik

Thanks in advance.

'Gimp
Welcome back Gimp!
I don't think you can schedule the download, (might be wrong, I just haven't seen an option) but you can initiate it, then go to bed. It'll be all done when you wake up. I've done that a few times. Depending on what version you have now it might be more like a 50Gb download.

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
Hi Vavrik!

I looked a while back to see if there was a schedule option and didn't see it, we have a great connection here, pings in the 40's and good high speed but something like 600GB/mo limit, with some gaming and streaming we appear to be running close to it on average so I am trying to avoid going into overages. I figured surely someone else has a similar issue and might have figured out how to do it. Lol.

Glad to be back, SC has come a long way and looks like next patch or two in particular are going to be damn impressive (intra-system jumps, MicroTech which looks amazeballs, and of course, finally access to my precious....).

'Gimp

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Glad to be back, SC has come a long way and looks like next patch or two in particular are going to be damn impressive (intra-system jumps, MicroTech which looks amazeballs, and of course, finally access to my precious....).
You're going to have 1 horrible download, but after that just do regular updates and you won't notice that much. Any updates they do between major patches are inconsequential. If you are in the PU only that's all you need to worry about.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Hey Owl! Yeah I've been hip deep in a move (after 8 years in the last place, moving sucks), and still really enjoying DCS for my combat flying while also flying/teaching formation a lot IRL.

Now that my beloved Carrack appears to be only a few months away from flyable figured I'd dip my toe back in, relearn controls and flight models, etc., to get ready for her.

Should be around more regular now.

Good to be back!

'Gimp
Damn. Congrats on the move. I've also been absent my friend. Was away from the forum's for months, and haven't really been in game in a couple years now. Looking like the new year will be a decent time to dive in though. Carrack, plus some living, breathing places to go and explore.

Look forward to seeing ya in game soon. I'll be back from deployment at the end of January, so that'll be when I start getting into it.

Reactions: Deroth and Vavrik

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
Awesome news!

New place is great, big place out in the country away from people. Been pretty focused on DCS learning the amazing F-14B Tomcat by Heatblur Simulations, and also doing a lot of real world formation flying instruction although not flying my Yak as much as I should. Now that move is mostly over I can focus on flying more, for real, in DCS and in SC.

Rebuilt my PC last fall for DCS and SC benefits, i7 8700K OC'd at 4.8, 32GB DDR4 at 3000 MHz, GTX 1070Ti OC'd as well, runs damn nice.

Hope the rest of your deployment goes well!

'Gimp

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Awesome news!

New place is great, big place out in the country away from people. Been pretty focused on DCS learning the amazing F-14B Tomcat by Heatblur Simulations, and also doing a lot of real world formation flying instruction although not flying my Yak as much as I should. Now that move is mostly over I can focus on flying more, for real, in DCS and in SC.

Rebuilt my PC last fall for DCS and SC benefits, i7 8700K OC'd at 4.8, 32GB DDR4 at 3000 MHz, GTX 1070Ti OC'd as well, runs damn nice.

Hope the rest of your deployment goes well!

'Gimp
All good news my friend! That's awesome. Congrats on the new system too. I'll be doing that myself this spring/summer.

Reactions: Bambooza and Deroth
Forgot your password?