Sci-Fi TV Show Suggestions Thread

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Gentlemen and Ladies, I want to hear what your suggestions are for a sci-fi show that can get you duly keyed up for Star Citizen.

An example off the top of my head:

Battlestar Galactica (2004)

And as for my suggestion for you all to watch:

Bodacious Space Pirates - Reason: The setting reminds me a LOT of Star Citizen...the technology, the maneuvers, etc...

That said, let's hear YOUR suggestions everyone. :D

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
/me sees happy animu girl in skirt carrying assault rifle w/ pirate hat

/me is instantly reminded of star citizen

Watch star wars over and over. Then original battlestar galactica. then babylon 5.

COUGARHUNTER

Commander
Oct 21, 2015
RSI Handle
COUGARHUNTER
I was pleasantly surprised when I saw Moon. Didnt expect anything or hear about it or watch the trailer before, just a random choice that I thought I was going to fall asleep to. Didnt sleep. Great movie.

Reactions: honcho12
Oct 18, 2015
RSI Handle
Rock_Walton
I have hopes that The Expanse (SOON) will be good. Check out this podcast, it's by the guy who made Star Citizens United:

Feed:
Expanse The Unofficial Podcast - Your Source for News & Fandom Regarding SyFy's The Expanse - Starwalker Studios

URL:
http://feeds.podtrac.com/LcbR7TkbwfYt

Description:
Expanse The Unofficial Podcast is devoted to The Expanse SyFy TV series and books by James S.A. Corey. Your spoiler-free source for news & discussion of The Expanse.

Reactions: Cyinni

Cyinni

Vice Admiral
Jan 20, 2014
RSI Handle
Cyinni
Seconding Dark Matter, which was pretty amazing for something I wandered into by accident during a netflix binge.

While the space wizards are a (glorious) distraction, the animated Clone Wars series and its later successor, Rebels, have some pretty awesome space combat, smuggling, and land/ship assault scenes that get me in the mood for SC.

There's also Farscape, which I imagine feels like flying a Banu Merchantman that talks back and doesn't have any weapons. And a lot more aliens.

honcho12

Space Marshal
Oct 12, 2014
RSI Handle
honcho12
Firefly is the best!

Farscape was pretty good, but it started to get old...

Moon was really good too, but it's a movie, not a show

Forgot your password?