Scraping together the 6th chain

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
With the way Vulture price bump was noticeably larger than expected, and that Hurricane price bump leaving me with a pretty good F7C-M -> Hurricane CCU just lying around, combined with some leftover CCUs from yesteryears, I noticed I had more or less all the ingredients for a CCU chain.

FromToNormal priceActual paidSavingsChain #
Mustang Delta​
Nomad​
65​
80​
15​
5​
10​
6​
Gladius​
Talon Shrike​
90​
115​
25​
10​
15​
6​
Talon Shrike​
Legionnaire​
115​
120​
5​
5​
0​
6​
Freelancer DUR​
Vulture​
135​
175​
40​
5​
35​
6​
F7C-M Super Hornet​
Hurricane​
180​
210​
30​
5​
25​
6​
San'tok.yāi​
Mercury Star Runner​
220​
260​
40​
5​
35​
6​
Mercury Star Runner​
Apollo Medivac​
260​
275​
15​
15​
0​
6​
Vanguard Harbinger​
Caterpillar​
290​
330​
40​
5​
35​
6​
Starfarer Gemini​
Crucible​
340​
350​
10​
10​
0​
6​
Cost to fill gaps$140Unusued CCU$125Store credit$10Inc. savings$25
Total price$195 (+$20 game package)Total$160Leaves$20

The Mustang Delta -> Nomad CCU gives the ship LTI, so that's mandatory there.

Incase anyone was wondering, this is the stuff I'll more or less eventually melt to make that chain #6 happen
Well, those negative Hurricane -> Vulcans are gonna get melted in any case.
Stuff like Spirits, Hull B, SRV I'll probably wait till the speculation is done.

FromToNormal priceActual paidSavings
Avenger Stalker​
Spartan​
60​
80​
20​
5​
15​
Cutlass Black​
Nova​
100​
120​
20​
5​
15​
Cutlass Black​
C1 Spirit​
100​
110​
10​
10​
0​
Freelancer DUR​
Freelancer MAX​
135​
150​
15​
5​
10​
Freelancer DUR​
Hull B​
135​
140​
5​
5​
0​
Razor​
SRV​
145​
150​
5​
5​
0​
Razor​
E1 Spirit​
145​
150​
5​
5​
0​
Freelancer MAX​
Prospector​
150​
155​
5​
5​
0​
Sabre​
A1 Spirit​
170​
175​
5​
5​
0​
Sabre​
A1 Spirit​
170​
175​
5​
5​
0​
Vulcan​
Scorpius​
200​
240​
40​
5​
35​
Vulcan​
Scorpius​
200​
240​
40​
5​
35​
Hurricane​
Vulcan​
210​
200​
-10​
5​
-15​
Hurricane​
Vulcan​
210​
200​
-10​
5​
-15​
Defender​
Railen​
220​
225​
5​
5​
0​
Scorpius​
Apollo Triage​
240​
250​
10​
10​
0​
Starfarer Gemini​
Hull C​
340​
350​
10​
10​
0​
Starfarer Gemini​
Endeavor​
340​
350​
10​
10​
0​
Valkyrie​
Galaxy​
375​
380​
5​
5​
0​

I'm thinking I'll buyback a IAE game package for that extra character slot. Not sure if those will really actually be worth it or not, but it's just a +$20 bump and I've not really really hoarded character slots before, got just my own game package, concierge gamepackage (which presumably is +1 character slot) and then this. So that'd be just 3 total. Seems like the IAE 2951 starter package isn't actually discounted or anything. Shame, but I'll get a polar paint for Mustang so, free junk, yay.

If the starts align, that Legionnaire will go up in price precisely $10. But just in case it won't I'll need to get Legionnaire -> something before it gets flight ready, so I can downgrade to get that Freelancer DUR -> Vulture sweet sweet $35 discount. And I'll also need to secure that San'tok.yai CCU. Rest should be pretty safe.

Filling the gaps here and getting the Mustang Delta with the game package would be $140. I got $10 in store credit, $125 in unused CCUs and once invictus hits and I'm able to get a Hurricane -> Terrapin CCU (freeing up $5) and a Vulture -> Super Hornet (freeing up $20) so I got $160 to cover that $140.
The whole ship will be $215. Yeah, not the greatest discount, especially since I'm just throwing in that $20 game package.

Probably not gonna rush to sell my unused CCUs, but rather just secure the ships that need securing and meditate on this.

The big question is, what's the target ship going to be.
I'd kinda want some large industrial moneymaker. And preferably the kind that isn't contingent on X, Y or Z happening, but that can just go and start churning.
I mean, I can't exactly refuel anyone, before they run out of fuel. Nor can I go fly around repairing perfectly fine ships. That's my preference for pledges. I'll get those large warships in game.

So I've already got
  • Endeavor
  • Reclaimer
  • Hull D
  • BMM
  • Cutlass Black (Might make it a Hornet though)
I could make it:
Hull C (lol, no. Not permanently.)
Endeavor (Already got one of those)
Crucible (Well I tentatively put the CCU there but... not really feeling Crucibly. Unless there's a constant stream of missions to fix broken AI ships)
Starfarer Gemini (It's only fun when it's severely misused. I used to use it as multicrew space tank, not space tanker. The guns on that thing are bonkers)
Valkyrie (zero interest)
Galaxy (Well, it's a nice ship, but the cargo variant is pointless in comparison to BMM, med bay would only make money via missions that might not ever be made and refinery... could work but I really prefer more straightforward operations like trading, mining or salvaging. Not to mention that's a module I'd need to get in-game. Not a huge problem, already planning to do so with Endeavor modules.)
Genesis Starliner (Bit interested, but it's +$50 and muh discount % would suffer greatly. Lowkey hoping for that Hull C to get to $375. I mean, ideally $395 but we all know CIG would never do that, no, they'd go $400 rather than $395)
Orion (The amount of interest I have for this ship is only rivaled by my lack of willingness to throw in another $225 just for it. The total cost of the ship would be $440, or coincidentally $5 more than what I paid for my Endeavor, Hull D and BMM combined! I suppose if I get lucky, Endeavor or Crucible could get bumped to $550 before Orion gets further bumped to high heaven.)

I could also just wait for Crucible / Endeavor to make it to the game and see if I could leverage those to get to some ship that's not even concepted yet that I'd actually be interested in.

OR, cut it at Hurricane, throw in downgrade to Vulcan and then upgrade to Scorpius and finally to Corsair, and spend the rest on Prospector or something.
I just like big ships more.

I'm really conflicted here. Any ideas? Any reasons why I'm wrong about some ship and should actually go for it? Or should I just keep waiting and hope some new ship they release in around $350-$400 would be worth it?

Last edited:

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Also if you are looking for an interesting package to add to your saving chain, I have a 100i starter package with SC 45.50 melt (when ship is worth 50$ itself and pack MSRP is 65) that I am willing to trade for CCU at cost (CCU on your scrap list that you can spare of course). The package insurance is 6 months, but you could turn it into a 10y thanks to your warbond Ccus, if you don't use your nomad lti CCU. The nomad CCU will make the pack lti though, you would need a CCU to delta from 100i with potential saving here too, there was a 300i warbond "recently" from 100i for 5$, which is under the delta.

Last edited:
  • Glorious
Reactions: FZD

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
And here I only buy first run concept ships full price... for the lti! I'm also not known to use coupons so I might not be a great source of financial advice.

• Love

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
If the Orion is something you are looking for, instead of waiting for a bump on an intermediate ship, you can stop earlier and wait for that new RSI miner that is going to fill the gap between the Mole and the Orion, maybe next IAE who knows.
There's a new RSI miner coming? Wow, that's wonderful news! Do we know anything more about it? I tried searching for it, but all I'm finding is a bunch of fan concepts.

Also if you are looking for an interesting package to add to your saving chain, I have a 100i starter package with SC 45.50 melt (when ship is worth 50$ itself and pack MSRP is 65) that I am willing to trade for CCU at cost (CCU on your scrap list that you can spare of course). The package insurance is 6 months, but you could turn it into a 10y thanks to your warbond Ccus, if you don't use your nomad lti CCU. The nomad CCU will make the pack lti though, you would need a CCU to delta from 100i with potential saving here too, there was a 300i warbond "recently" from 100i for 5$, which is under the delta.
That is an excellent offer, and I'd take it if my scrap list had that many giftable ships. Unfortunately, nearly all that's left is credit bought speculation CCUs.
Which, in a way, I'm happy that I've not bought too many extra Warbond CCUs.

And here I only buy first run concept ships full price... for the lti! I'm also not known to use coupons so I might not be a great source of financial advice.
And yet, we all value your insights highly. :love: 🍻

Last edited:
Reactions: Bambooza

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
OR, cut it at Hurricane, throw in downgrade to Vulcan and then upgrade to Scorpius and finally to Corsair, and spend the rest on Prospector or something.
I just like big ships more.
I like this mainly because it gives you the most utility RIGHT NOW, but still leaves the door open to leverage the increased value of the Hurricane later, if/when you do decide what larger ship you might want. Always easy to melt an extra Prospector when needed. . .

Reactions: FZD and Bambooza

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
There's a new RSI miner coming? Wow, that's wonderful news! Do we know anything more about it? I tried searching for it, but all I'm finding is a bunch of fan concepts.
i believe that is all it is currently. Not that its not true as fan speculation has proven true often either as either self fulfilling in CIG hears the wants or because someone heard a leak.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
@FZD all we know about the ship is here
so not much info beside it is a large ship and will be made by RSI
Seems there is info about the concept plans in the video mentionned in that link but I have not watched it, or I do not remember it.

• o7

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
@FZD all we know about the ship is here
so not much info beside it is a large ship and will be made by RSI
Seems there is info about the concept plans in the video mentionned in that link but I have not watched it, or I do not remember it.
Interesting, thank you. Guess I'll just wait and see as this sounds promising.

Forgot your password?