CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard

Confirmed by Ben in AtV48 today! Now we won't have to steal them, although it was pretty fun to do so. ;)

Woot!

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Approximately 500 people are excited!

I kid, good on the Scythe owners, its been a long wait, especially since the Scythe was already in game for a year by this point. Probably rent one with REC and see how good it is.

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
will the sell it again? for the release.... or even some variants?

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
Scythe owners will presumably get to fly it whenever they want, but Imperator Prime subscribers will get to rent one with REC once a month for a 24-hour time period.

First thing I'm going to do with my rental? Crash it in true TEST fashion. O7

Reactions: SPRNinja

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Make available in REC store and watch 500 people freak out!
Or at least half of the subscribers.....

I will follow in Captain Richard's footsteps... I will crash my rental Scythe in classic Test and bad piloting fashion.. into another person in AC. I will apologize and toast to their doom as I respawn and repeat... ;)

Reactions: Reptar Khan

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Approximately 500 people are excited!

I kid, good on the Scythe owners, its been a long wait, especially since the Scythe was already in game for a year by this point. Probably rent one with REC and see how good it is.
You might be joking, but there are going to be at elast some people who are peeved that such a small set of backers "got the attention" with this release.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
There is going to be a giant shit storm.

Thousands of very big backers have joined SC that never got an opportunity to buy the Scythe, they are going to make a huge noise about it.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
This is true, but at the same time, the wonderful thing about the scythe sale is that it truly is an "early bird getting the worm" situation.

I'm totally OK with the scythe never going on sale again, and only being obtainable through in-game capture in the PU.

Reactions: Dalarast

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
This is true, but at the same time, the wonderful thing about the scythe sale is that it truly is an "early bird getting the worm" situation.

I'm totally OK with the scythe never going on sale again, and only being obtainable through in-game capture in the PU.
I agree with the Guido... (I'm sorry.. UltimateGuido). I miss the boat on the scythe; but I'm perfectly okay that it was a something of an "early-bird special" that only earlier backers could get.

These early big backers who would like to fly one (rent via rec) could just subscribe.... or they could visit the black market and throw money down on one of the rarest (if not the most rare) ship in the "verse".

Kahoshi

Lieutenant
May 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Kahoshi
I was around during the Scythe sale, but didn't have the 300 dollars available... plus it sold out super super super fast.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
I was around during the Scythe sale, but didn't have the 300 dollars available... plus it sold out super super super fast.
I was in the desert when this happened, had money on hand to do it. Went to go back the game on kickstarter... blocked! God damn Afghan internet was blocking kickstarter pay page! I had wasted my R&R to go to a bigger base with internet to get the Scythe, and that was wasted. Grabbed a near-beer and chugged it, and instantly regretted taking this voluntary deployment. That is actually one of my biggest regrets to this day. I need some mead now...

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
I was in the desert when this happened, had money on hand to do it. Went to go back the game on kickstarter... blocked! God damn Afghan internet was blocking kickstarter pay page! I had wasted my R&R to go to a bigger base with internet to get the Scythe, and that was wasted. Grabbed a near-beer and chugged it, and instantly regretted taking this voluntary deployment. That is actually one of my biggest regrets to this day. I need some mead now...
Give this man mead!!! I will assist you when the PU is launched to pirate .... Tactically acquire...you a Scythe!

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
Give this man mead!!! I will assist you when the PU is launched to pirate .... Tactically acquire...you a Scythe!
I'm not even joking, I felt awful for missing being a original back and the scythe. Forum members tried to cheer me up saying there would be more sales and get one later. Unless I run into the lottery and have 15k to spend, doesn't look like I'll be getting one. I am totally up for anyone who wants vanduul ships. I will loan ships and assist in anyway until everyone has the ship they want. I just want a hangar full of alien ships just to collect, then another for actual flying ships. I am curious how alien insurance will work. Dat Scythe doe! DAT GLAIVE!!

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
Forgot to mention, best part of the vanduul ships. Anvil Aerospace will be making the interior... awww yeah my bro Anvil!

Forgot your password?