Sea of Thieves update April 30th

Thraesh

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Thraesh19
Just curious who is looking at playing Sea of Thives on April 30th with the new update. Brings in a new questline, various activities and expanded content. I know several people have said they played SoT already, Printimus, Sraika and Loic Farris, but just seeing who else has shown interest in playing this for fun

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=16&v=xRbTaMStHIM

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
I have it, but missed out on the group play so it just sits in my library now, would love to get more into it.

Thraesh

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Thraesh19
I have it, but missed out on the group play so it just sits in my library now, would love to get more into it.
Well we have several that play so just message us on Discord or leave your IGN here and we can add you to play I'm sure.

Thraesh

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Thraesh19
Had another blast today. The addition of fishing and cooking as extra income and an added PvE element as you sail around doing other activities is super nice. The game takes on another big element with the big quest lines they added as well

Reactions: Sraika and Ammorn

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
Had another blast today. The addition of fishing and cooking as extra income and an added PvE element as you sail around doing other activities is super nice. The game takes on another big element with the big quest lines they added as well
I was thinking last night that you might be able to make more gold per hour fishing than doing gold hoarder quests or order of souls guests since you can catch them at a pretty good rate which could make up for a lower value even, especially since you can essentially collect them non stop wherever you are.

I haven't been on much, but has anyone played on a full galleon fishing crew? You could cruise around to the best fishing spots and even have most if not all of the crew fishing while sailing between islands. I was thinking you could have 1 person constantly frying fish and probably keep them busy with 2 or 3 crew members catching fish.

Thraesh

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Thraesh19
The idea behind this is good, sadly there are limiting factors. One major factor is that you need bait for certain areas otherwise you would catch one of 3 fish, Splashtails (found anywhere), Islehoppers (found around surrounding islands) and Pondies (found in.....ponds/lakes) These seem to sell at steady rates but between 75-125 per fish cooked well.

Some of the "better" fish are found in harder areas obviously, Skull Forts, Storm's and lastly Shipwreck's (these are usually really good due to also finding other fish, some of which are already cooked in the wrecks).

These are minor limiting factors and I'm sure it's a viable way to make profit, but it's not fast at all. Doing it solo this morning to get good at both fishing and cooking only netted me about $2000 gold. Now it seems I have been elected our cook though lol.

I'd be all for grabbing a crew and going out fishing for an entire day honestly, I love it.

It's also something that you can do the exact same time you are sailing to get treasure as we did today and get better profit as a whole

Reactions: Sraika and Ammorn

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
The idea behind this is good, sadly there are limiting factors. One major factor is that you need bait for certain areas otherwise you would catch one of 3 fish, Splashtails (found anywhere), Islehoppers (found around surrounding islands) and Pondies (found in.....ponds/lakes) These seem to sell at steady rates but between 75-125 per fish cooked well.

Some of the "better" fish are found in harder areas obviously, Skull Forts, Storm's and lastly Shipwreck's (these are usually really good due to also finding other fish, some of which are already cooked in the wrecks).

These are minor limiting factors and I'm sure it's a viable way to make profit, but it's not fast at all. Doing it solo this morning to get good at both fishing and cooking only netted me about $2000 gold. Now it seems I have been elected our cook though lol.

I'd be all for grabbing a crew and going out fishing for an entire day honestly, I love it.

It's also something that you can do the exact same time you are sailing to get treasure as we did today and get better profit as a whole
Well, the thing I was thinking is even if you're getting like 75 gold per fish you can keep cranking them out at about one every couple minutes. You'd have to look at how much time was spent per chest/skull/ect to collect it vs how much it pays, even factoring in time spent sailing between voyage locations ect. Other methods pay larger sums, but can take a bit of time to collect them. You'd just need to do some test runs to get the gold per hour for fish and compare that to the other loot.

Fishing is definitely the thing to do, even if it's only between voyage destinations. What I had in mind is to sail between fishing locations in a galleon with the crew constantly catching fish, even if it's the lesser ones to pad the numbers. Shipwrecks are great since they have the chance to supply bait, fish, loot, and supplies as well as being a fishing site. You'd probably want to sail from skull fort to skull fort and hitting shipwrecks and storms when you see them, gathering bait and looting all valuables and fishing all you can from each site moving on when bait is spent.

It would be neat if we could get a Test fleet on a server. You could really slurp up all the loot and fish and share all the profits.

Reactions: Sraika

Thraesh

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Thraesh19
Well, the thing I was thinking is even if you're getting like 75 gold per fish you can keep cranking them out at about one every couple minutes. You'd have to look at how much time was spent per chest/skull/ect to collect it vs how much it pays, even factoring in time spent sailing between voyage locations ect. Other methods pay larger sums, but can take a bit of time to collect them. You'd just need to do some test runs to get the gold per hour for fish and compare that to the other loot.

Fishing is definitely the thing to do, even if it's only between voyage destinations. What I had in mind is to sail between fishing locations in a galleon with the crew constantly catching fish, even if it's the lesser ones to pad the numbers. Shipwrecks are great since they have the chance to supply bait, fish, loot, and supplies as well as being a fishing site. You'd probably want to sail from skull fort to skull fort and hitting shipwrecks and storms when you see them, gathering bait and looting all valuables and fishing all you can from each site moving on when bait is spent.

It would be neat if we could get a Test fleet on a server. You could really slurp up all the loot and fish and share all the profits.

Well.....You can only have 4 people per party so a "fleet" is out of the question. We have been fishing pretty much non stop no matter if sailing or on land and the profits still feel lackluster. I'm sure there are those that will do it and I enjoy it myself but its not the best moneymaker even if you went all over

Reactions: Ammorn

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
Well.....You can only have 4 people per party so a "fleet" is out of the question. We have been fishing pretty much non stop no matter if sailing or on land and the profits still feel lackluster. I'm sure there are those that will do it and I enjoy it myself but its not the best moneymaker even if you went all over
Yeah, did a bit of fishing and actually got to play a bit last night. It's not big money, but it's more than not doing it and it's something fun to do. That's at least with what we were catching, which was mostly the splashtails using up the bait we had before logging out after completing the first story segment, the stormbreaker story.

It's not called a fleet in the game, it's called an alliance IIRC. You set the alliance flag and then the other ship accepts the alliance and joins by setting the same flag. Loot profits are shared like crew profits are shared when cashing in, so it would still be a bonus to income. Ships in your alliance show up on the map, other crews members names show up white like normal, and they can be hurt or killed by attacks and ships can be damaged and destroyed. It just gives players a reason to work with other crews.

Reactions: Thraesh

Thraesh

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Thraesh19
It's not called a fleet in the game, it's called an alliance IIRC. You set the alliance flag and then the other ship accepts the alliance and joins by setting the same flag. Loot profits are shared like crew profits are shared when cashing in, so it would still be a bonus to income. Ships in your alliance show up on the map, other crews members names show up white like normal, and they can be hurt or killed by attacks and ships can be damaged and destroyed. It just gives players a reason to work with other crews.
I wasn't aware of the alliance system, fairly new to the game in general. It's a cool idea. I know usually it's just Print, Sraika and myself most days doing the story and fishing away. So far Print is our Captain, Sraika is our strategist/problem solver alongside regular ship duties and I'm........the cook and labor lol

Reactions: Ammorn

Slagg

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Slagg
I just got the game and I am extremely new to everything but anytime you need another deckhand, just let me know! 🍻 Cheers!

Reactions: Sraika
Forgot your password?