SecretLab Gaming Chairs - opinions?

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
Hey fellow Testies!
Got a friend of mine that is going to need a new gaming chair. Seems his lab puppy loved his old chair, found it delicious...

So, I have an OPSeat, but they are not out of business. Is Secretlab chairs any good? Also, what have you found to be good gaming chairs?

We are looking in the 300-400 USD range.

Thanks!

Reactions: Blind Owl

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
Gaming chairs are not worth it unless you just want the looks, a good office chair will always out do the fake racing seats that are called gaming chairs.

That said Secretlab is on the better side of things when looking into them.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
I am almost at the point of going out and getting a GOOD junk yard seat from a car that fits my back well, and turning that into a gaming chair. Find a good 120v AC to 12v DC converter that can run the motors, and macgyver some brackets for arm rests.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I'm currently sitting in a Secretlab Titan, the Charcoal Blue Softweave. I love it. Great for posture, build in lumbar support instead of a pillow, and can be angled in all the ways. I did a ton of review reviewing and studying before I made a decision, as I am at the age where I think about things like my back, lol. I would recommend.

That being said, you can get a way better ergonomic office chair, but you will pay out the nose. This was the happy medium for me. I didn't have 1200 to drop on a Herman Miller. I almost bought an Autonomous Ergonomic office chair. It was the final contender against the SecretLab.

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
I'm currently sitting in a Secretlab Titan, the Charcoal Blue Softweave. I love it. Great for posture, build in lumbar support instead of a pillow, and can be angled in all the ways. I did a ton of review reviewing and studying before I made a decision, as I am at the age where I think about things like my back, lol. I would recommend.

That being said, you can get a way better ergonomic office chair, but you will pay out the nose. This was the happy medium for me. I didn't have 1200 to drop on a Herman Miller. I almost bought an Autonomous Ergonomic office chair. It was the final contender against the SecretLab.
Okay, cool. I was thinking of getting the Titan as the OPSeat I have, while not a bad seat, hits me just above the shoulders with the head cushion. So was looking to get something that better fits my frame. Looks like I am gonna get an early birthday present then as well.

Thanks guys!

• Love
Reactions: Blind Owl

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I can't comment, I play sat on the floor on a dog bed which cost $10. I will say, having upgraded the lawn chair which I was using as an office chair for the last year of working from home to a $40 "executive" chair, my left arm has stopped aching in the evenings, it may be coincident but perhaps there is something in spending a little more for a little less discomfort?

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Just to add a smal information: it appeat that IKEA is going to produce "gaming forniture" in collaboration with MSI.
The product are already on the market....in China, but they are planned to bacame availabe in EU area in october this year, and considering that we are talking about IKEA I can't see any reason why they will not sell them globally at that point.

That sayed, I'm not implying tha the IKEA forniture will be better, butt I'll espect that those item will be on display at theyr showroom, so you can go there and try them, a thing that for chairs I feel very important and not often possibile....

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
Just to add a smal information: it appeat that IKEA is going to produce "gaming forniture" in collaboration with MSI.
The product are already on the market....in China, but they are planned to bacame availabe in EU area in october this year, and considering that we are talking about IKEA I can't see any reason why they will not sell them globally at that point.

That sayed, I'm not implying tha the IKEA forniture will be better, butt I'll espect that those item will be on display at theyr showroom, so you can go there and try them, a thing that for chairs I feel very important and not often possibile....
And while you're there at IKEA you can grab some swedish meatballs and raspberry jam with potatoes!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Okay, cool. I was thinking of getting the Titan as the OPSeat I have, while not a bad seat, hits me just above the shoulders with the head cushion. So was looking to get something that better fits my frame. Looks like I am gonna get an early birthday present then as well.

Thanks guys!
I'm 5'11", 250lbs. This Chair fits me fantastically.

Reactions: Zookajoe

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
I am sitting in a week old Titan XL. I paid like 550 for it in January and it was on backorder. It feels like a really well built "gaming" chair. It reclines, has really nice armrests and a wide seat. The big downside for me on this chair is that i can still feel the metal supports in the backrest and something within the built in lumbar support squeaks when I put pressure on it. I use the chair to watch movies, I'm 6'5" and i sit every which way in it, feet up, crosslegged, whatever.

Is the chair worth the money? Only because i couldnt find any office chairs that were as big and would allow me to sit however i want and not have some weird herman miller thing going on with the backrest.

If you are looking for a work chair where you strictly just need back support and good posture this isnt for you

If you are looking for a chair you can sink into like a lazy boy, this isnt for you.

This isn't a 500 dollar chair imo. They try to make it seem that way with the fancy packaging but it really is just a large generic gaming chair if were being honest.

Its still miles ahead of my old chair so i mean i dont regret buying it, and I couldnt see myself getting any other chair unless i was willing to give the high end ergonomic chairs a shot. I just didnt see myself reclining in a herman miller while i watch movies and stuff.

Forgot your password?