Shadow Setup Guide + Feedback

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404

We have partnered with Shadow to give TEST members an exclusive $10 off their first month. You can sign up and try for 30 days to see if the service is worth it for you!

Shadow Signup Referral Link: https://test.gg/link/shadow
Shadow Non-Referral Link: https://shadow.tech

Use Promo Code TESTGG for $10 off first month.

Last edited:

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I haven't played around with it for a couple months, but I found it worked really well. If you used joysticks, you had to have them connected to USB 3 ports, and there was one fiddly bit about getting them to work, but other than that, it was great! Definitely check it out if your rig is having problems running Star Citizen, and you want to put off upgrading for a while longer.

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Bear in mind that setting a high bandwidth does more harm than good in most cases:
  1. More chance of stuttering.
  2. Longer latency to decode video signal.
A 1080p Bluray disc is capable of 40 mbps bandwidth for comparison.

Reactions: Shadow Reaper

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I know Bored Gamer has been recommending this for months. I thought though, that the service topped out at less RAM than the game required. So how can it run well?

Recommend you sticky this up top.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kiladyn

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I will be extremely interested to hear if anyone installs the app on a Mac. I have been planning for ages to add a full gaming machine since I have an ancient iMac, but if this will run on a used, 11" MacBook Air with a large monitor added, it would be a LOT cheaper for me to pay every month than it would to buy a new computer.

Also something to keep in mind, if you want to recruit friends to the game who don't have an expensive gaming machine, this seems to me the perfect way. I have lots of friends who do not have gaming machines. This is huge. Honestly given the money I would save I could actually pay kids to play as employees of my character, and still not spend what I would buying a machine.

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
I can test this for you later today, however my iMac is pretty new and I’m in an unsupported geographical region.

Reactions: Shadow Reaper

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
Please be aware I'm in Australia - an unsupported region, with multiple internet-connected machines on my network. The iMac is connected over wireless.

Forgot your password?