She works hard for the money

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
I abused the Connie today, 5 cargo runs, 3 hours of play, 350,000 aUEC richer. Ping was consistent 100-110ms, so FPS was consistent 10-11 at 1440 Very High.

Made planetfall at Daymar, Delamar and Cellin, with a couple small intraplanetary runs on Cellin - mostly food, spirits and stims today, not a good server for precious metals, diamonds or gasses today - so a bit of a grind but nothing beats that blue night lighting in a powered-down Connie. I have finally developed enough patience to wait for the rubber-banding on takeoff so that I only have a vertical speed component when it happens, now a lot less exciting, especially at Levski.

Clearly, I was not the only trader out in the 'verse...
ScreenShot0118.jpg

Connie, she is sooo sexy
ScreenShot0121.jpg

ScreenShot0122.jpg

ScreenShot0124.jpg

ScreenShot0129.jpg

ScreenShot0130.jpg

Putting her away after a hard night's work, good night sweetheart, we'll do it again tomorrow
ScreenShot0140.jpg

Sure wish I could figure out how to hit 20+ FPS like so many others but my ping performance rarely gets better than 100ms.

'Gimp

Last edited:

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
My time running cargo in the connie has really made me fall in love with the ship all over again. Such a great hauler and tough to boot!
This is SO true for me as well.

I REALLY like running the Penguin too, but I want to earn some real monies to play with equipment loadouts in the Penguin and that means Connie has to work it, work it.

I really like the current focus on not-PVP since my lower FPS puts me at a real disadvantage for combat - but I need better market intel (as I think we all do).

3.0 really shows the spark of something amazing in terms of scope/open universe sandbox - just wish the gameplay experience were more equitable across the community.

'Gimp

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I abused the Connie today, 5 cargo runs, 3 hours of play, 350,000 aUEC richer. Ping was consistent 100-110ms, so FPS was consistent 10-11 at 1440 Very High.

Made planetfall at Daymar, Delamar and Cellin, with a couple small intraplanetary runs on Cellin - mostly food, spirits and stims today, not a good server for precious metals, diamonds or gasses today - so a bit of a grind but nothing beats that blue night lighting in a powered-down Connie. I have finally developed enough patience to wait for the rubber-banding on takeoff so that I only have a vertical speed component when it happens, now a lot less exciting, especially at Levski.

View attachment 8842

Connie, she is sooo sexy
View attachment 8843

View attachment 8844

View attachment 8849

View attachment 8845

View attachment 8846

Putting her away after a hard night's work, good night sweetheart, we'll do it again tomorrow
View attachment 8847

Sure wish I could figure out how to hit 20+ FPS like so many others but my ping performance rarely gets better than 100ms.

'Gimp
Great pics & congrats on your trading successes.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Guys I've not had time to play recently, how good is the cat at dem cargo runs?
The pro's are it can carry a LOT of cargo

The con's are that you can't land everywhere...and if you do land at some of the mining outposts or research facilities, they often don't have a whole lot of stuff (in terms of SCU amount) to buy.

Most times, you are better off with a smaller ship that can land anywhere, maneuver easily/quickly, and fight...like a Freelancer, Cutty, or even a Connie.

I'm sure that will change as more areas open up, later, but for right now...

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
The pro's are it can carry a LOT of cargo

The con's are that you can't land everywhere...and if you do land at some of the mining outposts or research facilities, they often don't have a whole lot of stuff (in terms of SCU amount) to buy.

Most times, you are better off with a smaller ship that can land anywhere, maneuver easily/quickly, and fight...like a Freelancer, Cutty, or even a Connie.

I'm sure that will change as more areas open up, later, but for right now...
Thanks I always intended on playing with smaller ships any way but this will be my steady income ship.

I love my Cutlass too much any way so this doesn't upset me one bit :slight_smile:

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
Just imagine what trading will be like when instead of magically appearing/disappearing based on keystrokes at a trading terminal you have to wait for the Docker's Union to load/unload the ship, AND you have to pay for it.

I for one will be watching to be sure that Vinnie and Guido from Space Docker's Local 432 at Levski don't try and liberate some of my cargo from time to time.

But you know what this means......

Caterpillar P5000 Power Loader confirmed (or not, but I want one)
powerloader.jpg

FIDELITY all the things!

'Gimp

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Just imagine what trading will be like when instead of magically appearing/disappearing based on keystrokes at a trading terminal you have to wait for the Docker's Union to load/unload the ship, AND you have to pay for it.

I for one will be watching to be sure that Vinnie and Guido from Space Docker's Local 432 at Levski don't try and liberate some of my cargo from time to time.

But you know what this means......

Caterpillar P5000 Power Loader confirmed (or not, but I want one)
View attachment 8851

FIDELITY all the things!

'Gimp
i need dis....for reasons...

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
6 hours of play, and FINALLY a MULTI-millionaire, barely.

ScreenShot0153.jpg

This was a REAL grind, since the server I was on was getting hammered for resources - never had more than 10-12 SCU of the big tickets items, so it was literally just trip after trip after trip.

BUT, she made trip after trip after trip. No hiccups, no CTD, no crashes. I ended up on all 3 moons plus Delamar, and dabbled in food, spirits, stims, laranite, gold, beryl, tungsten, and medical supplies.

Still seeing about 100-110ms ping and 9-12 FPS though - so really need to see some performance improvements. My system now seems to run better at 1440 than 1080 so at least it is gorgeous to look at.

If 3.1 includes some performance improvements as suggested I will be happy.

'Gimp

LookingGlass

Grand Admiral
Dec 27, 2017
RSI Handle
Looking-Glass

View attachment 8842

Connie, she is sooo sexy
View attachment 8843

View attachment 8844

View attachment 8849

View attachment 8845

View attachment 8846

View attachment 8847

'Gimp
I was doing the same thing in my Freelancer today. I keep going back and forth between the Freelance and Connie. I like the idea of a large cargo Connie, but I honestly thing I’m going to do mostly solo cargo running, so the lancer I think for me is the way to go.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Is anyone flying cargo in the cat yet? I am curious how it compares in flight to the Andromeda, especially given it holds 5X as much. Not so sexy but ought to deliver bigger margins.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?