Ship Crewing Thread ?

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
actually i'm currently reconsiderung my current long term space ship buying plan into
- get good single seater fighter ships with LTI (when they are on sale again) for having fun and defend Testistan from intruders
- crew in all those awesome testie ships which you can't/don't want to afford

and then there is this little voice telling me what if CIG screws up multicrewing for a long time ...

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
actually i'm currently reconsiderung my current long term space ship buying plan into
- get good single seater fighter ships with LTI (when they are on sale again) for having fun and defend Testistan from intruders
- crew in all those awesome testie ships which you can't/don't want to afford

and then there is this little voice telling me what if CIG screws up multicrewing for a long time ...
Fleet planning is the hardest thing ever. But don't worry, you're always welcome on our expensive space pixels, though.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Forget 3.0. I'm [CONCERNED]CIG might allow us to "port" onto a friend's ship and get straight to the action. But if I'm on a planet and my friend logs in on the other side of the 'verse, will I be able to insta-spawn on his ship and Agent Smith one of his NPC crew?
Last word I heard on this is you will not be able to port at all apart from respawning after death. Transportation is a serious and time consuming part of the game, and we have not tasted any of it yet. With new planets opening, range on ships becoming an issue and time to travel a real thing soon, my guess is we will all be happy for the immersion but inconvenienced when killed across the galaxy.

Likewise, plan to work in small groups centered on specific activities. If you need 8 players to run an operation, have 12 signed up for the same time slot daily, or some such. Making commitments so others can count on you is the way to make friends and influence people. Tell others when you will be available and make sure they know in advance if you have to change your plans. There is no replacement for responsible behavior.

. . .and then there is this little voice telling me what if CIG screws up multicrewing for a long time ...
Is supposed to be fixed now. I would expect to see for ourselves next week with whatever vids are released for GamesCom.

Schmunkel

Space Marshal
Jul 2, 2014
RSI Handle
schmunkel
Is supposed to be fixed now. I would expect to see for ourselves next week with whatever vids are released for GamesCom.
Multiplayer and grouping updates are not going to be in until 3.1. See red text below from the schedule report. I think this should have been a huge priority for 3.0 as I honestly expected we would have this by now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.1.0 Goals

PERSISTENT UNIVERSE CONTENT
New Additions:
  • Modular Space Station – Truckstop
  • Arc Corp / Area 18
FPS / SPACE GAMEPLAY
New Additions:
  • Female Player Locomotion
  • AI Locomotion
  • Shouldered Weapons
  • Throwable Weapons
  • Armed (FPS Weapon Equipped)
  • Fists
  • Knife
  • Take down (Front, Sides, Rear)
  • Knockdown and Knockbacks
CORE DEV TECH AND SYSTEMS
New Additions:
  • Fuel (Item 2.0)
  • Criminality System
  • Room System v2 (Physical Depressurization)
  • Item 2.0 Elevators v2
  • Item 2.0 Airlocks v2
  • Diffusion Refactor
  • Item Degradation/Failure/Luck
  • Service Beacon v1
  • Parties and Orgs(Group Entity Component)
  • Game persistence
  • Spectrum Integration in game
  • Repair and Restock System
  • Elevators v2
  • Bind / Unbinding
  • Object Container Streaming Core Engine Support

Schmunkel

Space Marshal
Jul 2, 2014
RSI Handle
schmunkel
I see what you are saying. I thought we were talking about the turret trouble, but you're right. That is a bigger issue.
My bad then. Yes, the turrets are supposed to be fixed for 3.0. I'm looking forward to trying them out with some of the Rock Raiders when the patch hits live around Thanksgiving.

Reactions: marcsand2

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Darn it Blind owl. You changed your avatar. I didn't recognize the feathers. Pfttt....
Haha, Sorry! I actually downloaded a bunch of future avatars today. I'm searching for "the one"...
But I'm fickle as fuck (when it comes to stuff like this) so I may change it a bunch in the next bit. There may be no "the one". Haha

Forgot your password?