Ship for a home.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
MISC Odyssey (which I had forgotten about) could be a contender, refines it's own fuel (QT) that it mines itself as well as a hydrogen scoop.
I have to say on paper I am a huge fan of the Odyssey and if I didn't already have a Carrack I'd be most likely to have an Odyssey. I don't know which one is better as it looks to be more situational than overall and once both are in-game it might be one ends up being preferred over the other.

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
So to summarize:
the Carrack will be the better ship
This part is always true ;)

But if you want:
More pew-pew = 600i
Larger hanger = 890 or Odyssey
Cheaper = Apollo
Something different = BMM
Everything = Endeavor

Final thought, in the current game-state I can't imagine why one would spend IRL$ on an 890 over a Carrack, Odyssey, or BMM. . .

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Both the 890jump and Carrack have tier 2 beds while they currently allow for respawning its unknown for how much longer as the medical gameplay seems to point towards this being a feature of tier 3 beds found in the Apollo and Odyssey
Looks like the Odyssey might be that main ship until they offer some other solutions.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I know they've *sorta said* that about the bed tiers, but still find it a bit hard to believe that they would actually put a higher tier medbay in an industrial mining ship than the long-distance military explorer. . .
The Odyssey is not an industrial mining ship, it's a long range exploration ship that can gather it's own fuel, including quantum fuel. It is not mining it for sale.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Ok I have decided to purchase a ship that I can park and live out of also as a mobile spawn . The Cutlass Red can't do this anymore so that just leaves the 890 or the Carrack I can get the Carrack on the gray market for about 125 bucks less than what their selling it for . The 890 would be nice but it's not for sale on the site and the gray market prices are ridiculous .
Can anyone tell me if it's possible that the 890 might be up for sale at the end of Invictus ? or if the Carrack will be the better ship seeing how it has the repair mechanic ? .
Ship for a home…eventually, the Odyssey. You can mine fuel, I think it has a med bay, and you can put a small ship in the hangar. That said, the Carrack has a lot going for it, as will the Polaris.

Forgot your password?